Original Poetry Forums

Blusafe Breeze review

02-12-2023 at 10:24:19 PM

Blusafe Breeze review

Blusafe Breeze review

Whether you want to keep kids out of your bedroom or you live in shared accommodation and want to keep your room private, a lock is the answer.To get more news about touch lock, you can visit securamsys.com official website.

Traditionally, that meant a key-operated lock, or possibly a keypad lock if you wanted to avoid keys. But the modern door lock uses tech to solve the problem. Just as you can unlock many phones with a fingerprint, so you can with Blusafe’s Breeze.
It’s IP65 rated for water resistance, but the Breeze is designed for internal doors. You can opt for chrome, satin chrome and black finishes, and there’s a choice of a handle with a circular backplate that offers a modern look, but there’s also a ‘long’ version that’s designed to cover any existing screw holes from a previously fitted handle.
Whichever model you choose, the Breeze is quite chunky – it has to be in order to accommodate four AAA batteries on the ‘inside’ handle, and the motor, mechanical lock and other bits and pieces in the ‘outside’ one.

I opted for the long version so I could replace an existing handle and hide the screw holes. As the photo shows, there’s quite a difference in size between the two, and the 200x52mm backplate should be large enough to cover even holes from larger older handles, including those with a keyhole.
Blusafe sent the satin chrome model for review, but even the polished chrome model wouldn’t exactly match the other doors with the smaller handles.

No latch is supplied in the box: you use the existing one, or purchase one from elsewhere if you’re fitting a brand new door.

A helpful QR code at the front of the manual links to an also helpful YouTube video that shows you exactly how to install the Breeze.

Before you start the installation, check if the handles are facing in the correct direction. If not, you’ll need to remove a screw or three on the inside of the backplate, rotate the handle 180° and pop the screws back in. I found neither the common PZ2 or PH2 screwdrivers fitted, and it’s a shame at this price that Blusafe doesn’t provide the correct screwdriver in the box.

It does provide cardboard templates which you can fold around the edges of your door to ensure you drill holes in the right places. But if you are replacing an existing handle and use the self-tapping screws supplied, no drilling is required at all.

For a slightly neater finish, you can instead use the supplied sleeves and snap-off screws so that, on the outside at least, there are no visible screws. This option does require drilling two holes through the door.

I chose the quicker option of using an impact driver with the self-tappers. The outer handle must be fitted first, feeding the connecting wire through the hollow spindle (which replaces any existing spindle). Just one length is supplied, and it was the right size for my 35mm-thick door.

The inside handle can then be screwed on and, to finish, the wire must be carefully connected to the battery pack. A finishing plate is attached with magnets and can be removed by pushing the supplied pin through a hole in the back of the handle.

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.