Original Poetry Forums

The top 4 home security systems we reviewed

03-19-2023 at 11:36:14 PM

Aliza Vigderman is a freelance journalist who has covered the smart home security market since 2018 in outlets such as Security Baron and Security.org. She has contributed her home security expertise to national and local news outlets across the country.To get more news about door monitor, you can visit securamsys.com official website.

Megy Karydes is a Chicago-based freelance writer and author whose work has appeared in Forbes Advisor, Bloomberg CityLab, USA Today, Fortune, Inc., Angi, the Chicago Tribune, and more. Her new book, 50 Ways to More Calm, Less Stress: Scientifically Proven Ways to Relieve Anxiety and Boost Your Mental Health Using Your Five Senses, will be available in August 2023.I’ve been testing and writing about home security systems for years, and these are the best home security systems for 2023, whether you want an affordable DIY system or a more expensive, professionally monitored system.
In Sacramento in 2019, there were about 582 burglaries per every 100,000 inhabitants. Rates differed greatly based on the city, with Stockton logging the highest number of thefts per 100,000, 704 burglaries, while Elk Grove had the least, only 166, according to FBI data. No matter where you live, however, it’s important to protect what’s yours.The best home security systems for 2023 offer a wide variety of equipment. These can include motion detectors, doorbell cameras, entry sensors, smart locks, and smoke detectors, among other security equipment designed to protect your home. They also offer a range of fees, remote monitoring options and service contracts, spanning from three years of service to no contract at all.

Today's home security systems are smart-compatible, which means that you can use your phone and an internet connection to check in on your home from anywhere in the world.
Best Home Security System Methodology
But with so many security systems to choose from, which one is right for you? Here are the major factors I considered while reviewing home security systems:

How well each security system worked: We installed and tested each security system to determine how easy it was to set up and how well it worked, including how soon we got notifications when alarms went off, how easy the mobile app was to use, etc.
Pricing: We compared pricing in terms of equipment costs, professional installation, professional monitoring, and other costs that come with buying and using a home security system.
Equipment: We looked at the range and the quality of the equipment available, including sensors, cameras, video doorbells, etc.
If you’re looking for professionally installed and monitored home security, look no further than ADT. While it might be the oldest home security company in the country, with a whopping 145 years in business, ADT’s systems are smart and updated. I got alerts on my phone whenever any of my motion sensors went off. And after I integrated my system with both Alexa and Google Assistant, I was able to enable voice commands.

All of ADT’s equipment worked as it should, particularly its Nest cameras. These second-generation cameras offer 4K, the best video quality on the market, while the industry standard still stands at 1080p HD. Plus, you can set up person detection so ADT will only notify you when your Nest Cam detects a person. No more unnecessary motion detection notifications!

A drawback? Of the companies we evaluated, ADT didn’t offer as many smart home integrations as some of its competitors. Rather, it works with only some Internet of Things (IoT) devices from Kwikset and Liftmaster. So it’s best for someone who’s looking for a more traditional setup and doesn’t need to integrate home security into an existing smart home system. For straightforward home security with a smart twist, ADT is a great option.

Poetry is what is lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.