Original Poetry Forums

What is CAD/CAM? - Back to Basics?

05-14-2023 at 10:53:37 PM

Computer-Aided Manufacturing simply means any type of manufacturing that is created with the "aid" of a computer. This can be anything from the act of using a computer to control a machine that manufactures parts, to the use of a computer to assist in the management of a manufacturing plant.To get more news about cad tips, you can visit shine news official website.

CAM includes manufacturing techniques such as additive manufacturing (3D printing), laser cutting and computer numerical control (CNC) machining.
What is CAD/CAM?
CAD/CAM means literally: Computer-Aided Design & Computer-Aided Manufacturing. Both CAD and CAM are required to manufacture a part, it is unusual, although not impossible, to find one without the other. Generally, a part is first designed in a piece of CAD software and then sent to a CAM software package for manufacture.
What is CAM software?
CAM software is any software package that translates a CAD model into a language that the machine can understand. It tells the machine how to manufacture the part. Some software packages do both CAD and CAM.
CAD/CAM update provides the latest news and information about the CAD/CAM industry. This includes CAD (Computer-Aided Design), CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing), CAD (Computer- Aided Drafting and Design), and CASE (Computer-Aided Software Engineering) products, services, companies, marketing strategies, and research and development. Some of the specific applications that are covered are animation, CAD networks, 3D modeling, and CAD databases for a variety of industries ranging from aerospace, automobile, architectural to entertainment, heavy machinery and medical.

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.