Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

01-04-2010 at 09:43:29 AM

Site Function Problems

This is a thread to track site function issues. I will keep this thread updated.

1. Inbox - We're reconstructing this so it works for those of you that it doesn't. *FIXED*
2. Friends - We're fixing the listing so it works better. *FIXED*
3. E-Mail notification templates. - We're working to make them more meaningful, and link properly where they don't.
4. Being booted from Chat - If you have this problem, contact me personally.
5. Sorting of poems listings is not consistent. *FIXED*
6. Easier way to see if a poem is in contest.
7. Quoting in Private Messages garbles things up. *ADJUSTED - WAITING FOR INPUT*

Navigation specific:
1. Clicking "Waiting Friend Requests" doesn't take you to that tab. *FIXED*

-Papa Paczki shock

Last edited by papapaczki 01-08-2010 at 01:02:00 PM

01-04-2010 at 09:52:19 AM

RE: Site Function Problems

Also folks please list any ideas/ issues you have with navigation so we can also improve upon that.

We are working hard to get the site just the way you guys will like it! Please feel free to ask any questions and suggest anything you guys want!

Thanks.

Last edited by clips401 01-11-2010 at 12:23:33 PM

01-04-2010 at 11:20:44 PM

On a poet's profile page where poems are listed, can you please change it to list them in chronological order?

01-05-2010 at 09:24:47 AM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Aria"

On a poet's profile page where poems are listed, can you please change it to list them in chronological order?

No problem!

I have just fixed this.

grin

01-05-2010 at 01:17:46 PM

I would like very much to have my poems back in their original posting order.
As of this writing, they are still out of order.

Thank you.

01-05-2010 at 01:24:19 PM

The private messages area is rebuilt - if you have a large amount of messages, it will now load.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-05-2010 at 02:55:01 PM

Fixed: Poems are listed in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by "dahlusion"

I would like very much to have my poems back in their original posting order.
As of this writing, they are still out of order.

Thank you.

OK I think I took care of all the spots. Here is what I fixed:
*My poems area under home
*Poem listings under profile pages and poem pages

Please let me know if you notice any other poems that you think are being listed wrong.

Thanks.

Last edited by clips401 01-05-2010 at 03:03:50 PM

01-05-2010 at 03:10:34 PM

I have a problem with word-spacing when leaving a comment for a poem. A word is sometimes split onto two lines, making it difficult to read.

Thanks for fixing the poem listings. It makes it easier to find the latest poem a poet has posted.

01-05-2010 at 03:14:57 PM

Quote:

I have a problem with word-spacing when leaving a comment for a poem. A word is sometimes split onto two lines, making it difficult to read.

Thanks for fixing the poem listings. It makes it easier to find the latest poem a poet has posted.

can you please share a link of where this is happening? I don't think I'm noticing what you see.

Thanks. cool smile

Last edited by clips401 01-06-2010 at 12:56:59 PM

01-05-2010 at 07:18:11 PM

RE: RE: Word Wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by "clips401"

can you please share a link of where this is happening? I don't think I'm noticing what you see.

Thanks. cool smile

http://www.originalpoetry.com/common-sense-is-my-savior

Scroll down to where I left a comment on this poem. I suppose I am spoiled that in most programs there is no need to use the return key...here, I have to watch the words as I write (which I didn't do on this poem) and use the return when I notice a word-split. The same is true on the private message feature.

Thanks for checking it out!

01-05-2010 at 10:35:18 PM
  • anadia
  • anadia

ignore friend request is not working.

01-06-2010 at 09:05:43 AM

RE: Word Wrapping

Quote:

http://www.originalpoetry.com/common-sense-is-my-savior

Scroll down to where I left a comment on this poem. I suppose I am spoiled that in most programs there is no need to use the return key...here, I have to watch the words as I write (which I didn't do on this poem) and use the return when I notice a word-split. The same is true on the private message feature.

Thanks for checking it out!

Hi Aria,

I have tested and looked using Firefox, Internet Explorer 6 - 7 and 8 and have not noticed this problem.

I suspect this is a browser issue. For me to look further into this please tell me what browser you are using.

Also, is anyone else having this problem question

01-06-2010 at 10:21:20 AM

I use Safari.

Thanks for your help.

Aria

01-06-2010 at 11:04:43 AM

Fixed: Word Wrapping Problems

Quote:

I use Safari.

Thanks for your help.

Aria

Thanks for pointing this out, it is now fixed.
Words should no longer wrap when viewing comments in Safari.
Please let us know if you find any other spots where this occurs.

Thanks.

01-06-2010 at 06:06:03 PM

Dear Admin,

Can the email be fixed so that the sent and reply messages are not clumped together as one on-going message? So very hard to decipher.kiss

01-06-2010 at 06:09:26 PM

The function of deleting comments needs to be reinstated asap..

Maddi

01-06-2010 at 08:16:14 PM

the peoms lounge chat room loads very SLOWLY shut eye blank stare and plus it doesnt reply instanly when you send the messgae it thats a mintue ! to answer

01-06-2010 at 09:19:02 PM

the only problem I am having now is the e-mail used for private messages. For some reason, it is garbled in what I call "geek"....symbols, etc...and is hard to read. Maybe it's the Safari thing again.

but while you're at it!!! The advertising on the top of the page is acceptable but on the poet's profile page....it is so distracting. I understand advertising but please, can you move the ad to somewhere (preferably off) besides just right of a poet's profile on their page?

It's hard to feel the poetry when an ad for "trim your belly fat" is staring you in the face.

01-06-2010 at 10:28:03 PM

Quote:

the only problem I am having now is the e-mail used for private messages. For some reason, it is garbled in what I call "geek"....symbols, etc...and is hard to read. Maybe it's the Safari thing again.

Are you table to make a screen shot and send it to support@originalpoetry.com?

-Papa Paczki shock

01-06-2010 at 10:30:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Madelynn"

The function of deleting comments needs to be reinstated asap..

Maddi

That should be in there still actually. But it might be a little confusing where it is. The delete button will appear if you mouse over the area to the right of the username who commented. all the way to the right of the column above the end of the line.

I'll talk to the team about this one in the A.M.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-06-2010 at 10:31:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "dahlusion"

Dear Admin,

Can the email be fixed so that the sent and reply messages are not clumped together as one on-going message? So very hard to decipher.kiss

Not sure I quite follow. Are you talking about when you hit reply, the quoted text?

-Papa Paczki shock

01-06-2010 at 11:05:21 PM

I have left comments on some poems (very flattering ones), and when I went back to see what the reply to those were...my comment wasn't there. Is this an OP glitch ?

hmmm.................................................................gogant

01-07-2010 at 12:23:21 AM

I thought only the poet could delete comments, I've had that happen to me in the past, maybe it is a site issue...personally, I always choose to leave all the comments posted wether flattering or not, just because.cool smile

01-07-2010 at 01:10:32 AM

Well Charlie, I must have left a thousand comment over the past year, and out of those, I think I just had to leave a negative comment on 2 of those. I have deleted a couple of nasty comments, left for one of my poems, by somebody who was just trying to be mean. Well, for now, I hope it is just a problem with OP....

01-07-2010 at 05:47:27 AM

if possible i'd appreciate some way for a poet to tell which of their poems are in the contest without having to navigate to each individual poem

In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) Czech writer.