Original Poetry Forums

The O.P. Community's infinite playlist.

09-23-2010 at 06:12:30 PM

RE: The O.P. Community's infinite playlist.

Hiya all, I am going to work up some info to post to help people to be able to post their videos they way they want them using the embed code correctly.........alot of the code is not needed and I have noticed that some of the videos posted end up the straggling pieces of code at the top or corners of the video.....I can teach you how to edit the code and how to make your video larger or smaller than what is in the embed code.....if anyone needs any help in the meantime please send me a message and send the the link to the video you want to post and I will edit the code for you....code is one thing I do well...........loves ya all bunches asha

Lets make our videos look good and stand out for all our viewers..........

09-23-2010 at 06:20:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiporlacking

It's exactly what the title suggests. Post your favorite Youtube music videos here to share with others. I hope to find some obscure stuff on here. Let's do this people!

Ok folks...a bunch of people had messaged me saying that they didn't know how to get a youtube video to post on the forums. I didn't either until earlier this afternoon after a bit of trial and error. Normally I'd charge money for such a precious piece of information..but you guys are alright. For poets at least.

Achtung!

The following is what I did to get the videos to post.

-Go to http://youtube.com
-Find desired video
-Click the "embed" icon
-Scroll down and make sure you have show border checked.
-Set picture size to 445 x 364.
-Copy the embedded code.

-Go to O.P. Forums.
-FInd the O.P. Community's Infinite Playlist.
-Click post reply.
-Now that you have your post reply window open click the icon that says photo under the insert message thingy.
-In the space provided paste embedded code. (It won't look like it will fit...I pinky swear it does though)

Now, after you've done all this you'll see that the forums will say that you posted something but there will not be a video. Do not be alarmed you're still on the right track.

-Find your post and go to edit.
-Delete what it says in the reply box...it's something along the lines of img/img.
-Post that same code your posted in the photo hyperlink box. Only this time your just posting it as a normal reply.

That's it. I know when reading it it seems like a lot...but really all your doing is copying the text and pasting it in the photo link box and your regular reply. I hope this clears things up.

P.S. I'm not html savvy in the least bit. This is also pretty much the only forum I frequent. If anyone is aware of a better way of doing this please fill the rest of us in.

Just a bit more info for all of you on what he just explained.....sometimes the embed code does not show properly, there is a lot of coding in that embed code that is not needed,,,,,,,if you have any trouble with it just give me a holler,,,,,,,,,,coding is one thing I do well........the same concept can also be used for your pictures you want to post on your poems,,,,,,,you can post larger images on the post by putting the code in the commentary section of your post,,,,,,,,,I can teach you easily how to do this.......just send me a message and I will be more than happy to assist......loves ya asha

and thank Hipor for this post, this is one that was needed.......loves ya asha

09-23-2010 at 06:38:56 PM

Dear poets friend, this is an extension on what Hipor was trying to explain to you.
a lot of the code from youtube can be taken out........But that is for another lesson........this is to show you that you can change the size of your video

this video is 640 by 385

this second video is 445 by 364

You can even make them smaller, this one is 250 by 175

Size your video to what ever size make your video look best, I used one of my videos here as an example.......if you need any help with the coding please just give me a message and I will gladly assist.......loves ya asha

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 06:58:47 PM

09-23-2010 at 06:59:09 PM

RE: RE: The O.P. Community's infinite playlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaqRasgirl

Hiya all, I am going to work up some info to post to help people to be able to post their videos they way they want them using the embed code correctly.........alot of the code is not needed and I have noticed that some of the videos posted end up the straggling pieces of code at the top or corners of the video.....I can teach you how to edit the code and how to make your video larger or smaller than what is in the embed code.....if anyone needs any help in the meantime please send me a message and send the the link to the video you want to post and I will edit the code for you....code is one thing I do well...........loves ya all bunches asha

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^You are right on, Asha. Thanks! " Let us not be weary in well[doing." (Gal.5:9) Amen???

09-23-2010 at 06:59:09 PM

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^You are right on, Asha. Thanks! " Let us not be weary in well[doing." (Gal.5:9) Amen???

09-23-2010 at 07:19:48 PM

RE: RE: RE: The O.P. Community's infinite playlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

Hey thank Oren, I am also going to show any who are interested in how to make their pictures the want to post on their poem larger then the tiny one that you can put in the text editor..love asha

09-23-2010 at 08:41:14 PM

cool smirkred face

Last edited by BadBadBear 11-05-2010 at 04:19:48 PM

09-23-2010 at 09:59:36 PM

lunamarie hey! ... bbbear! ... ummmmmmm ...

IVE NEVER HEARD THIS SONG BEFORE LUNA...BUT I LOVE IT...THANKS FOR POSTING...........LOVES YA ASHA

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 10:09:22 PM

09-23-2010 at 10:12:23 PM

One of my favorites. Enjoy all.........love asha
I know out there somewhere is a love that will make my heart smile again...
And for whomever that special man may be, this one is for you.........
as always, loves all of you bunches.....just a country girl at heart......**Namaste asha

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 11:10:11 PM

09-23-2010 at 10:18:57 PM

Uncle Kracker knows how to say it............love it......asha

Loves this song..............

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 10:19:51 PM

09-23-2010 at 10:34:41 PM

More Uncle Kracker "Drift Away" with Lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69BertdSt4
Another Favorite......Enjoy my dear family

Good Music To Inspire The Soul........love asha

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-27-2010 at 01:09:28 AM

09-23-2010 at 10:42:40 PM

Wavin' Flag by SheenaMelwani (Official World Cup 2010 Song by K'naan)

Great Inspirational Song
Enjoy all........love asha

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 10:43:45 PM

09-23-2010 at 10:47:32 PM

A Video Poem From One of Our Great Poets
The Dance Of Love
Video Poem
by
Gloria Jamrozy
From Her Secret Dreams Poems
So Very Lovely
I pulled this one of hers from my poetry site to share with all of you.

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 10:48:48 PM

09-23-2010 at 11:22:46 PM

Because of all of you, I know I can show the real me, without fear
of being let down or hurt, as has often been the case in my life because I hold my heart in my hands to all that I care for.......friends and family
call me Angel,,,,,,,,,day to day I try to live up to that nickname, but I have
found that it is not hard at all for me to let it show here with so many dear friends that I consider more than friends, for you are family to my heart and my heart will always reveal the true me to all of you.......
Enjoy all.......loves ya bunches asha

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 11:26:46 PM

09-23-2010 at 11:38:02 PM

To all my dear family here at OP, I dedicate this song to all of you, for all the love and support you have given me from your caring and loving hearts during my deepest time of need with the loss of my beloved brother Terry. Your words and messages have help me tremendously hold it together in this most desperate and saddened time in my live these last few days which felt endless. Though I am far yet from any closure in my grieving, especially for my dearest nephew Travis, you love and support kept me sane when I needed to be more than ever for him.....More than you will ever know is how much I cherished each and everyone of you for your support and love....Thanks to all of you for your love and support........And please forgive me for not keeping up with my reading and commenting on all my friends poems, for at this time I simple needed to drown out my hurting heart with music and other things to occupy my thoughts.........At the time I did not feel I could read and do your wonderful poems justice when my heart and thoughts were else where with family too far away.........Just please give me a little patience for I promise I shall catch up on all I have missed of my families wonderful writings............thanks just is not enough to say for all you have given to me......so I play this song for all of you as the rest of my days and yours as well are yet unwritten...but through our continued love, support and sharing, I know those pages will spin like a whirlwind with more loving words to share with all......loves ya each and everyone bunches.........just simple silly country girl speak..........lol...........as always ****Namaste asha

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 09-23-2010 at 11:51:20 PM

09-24-2010 at 12:01:44 AM

Quote:

It's exactly what the title suggests. Post your favorite Youtube music videos here to share with others. I hope to find some obscure stuff on here. Let's do this people!

Ok folks...a bunch of people had messaged me saying that they didn't know how to get a youtube video to post on the forums. I didn't either until earlier this afternoon after a bit of trial and error. Normally I'd charge money for such a precious piece of information..but you guys are alright. For poets at least.

Achtung!

The following is what I did to get the videos to post.

-Go to http://youtube.com
-Find desired video
-Click the "embed" icon
-Scroll down and make sure you have show border checked.
-Set picture size to 445 x 364.
-Copy the embedded code.

-Go to O.P. Forums.
-FInd the O.P. Community's Infinite Playlist.
-Click post reply.
-Now that you have your post reply window open click the icon that says photo under the insert message thingy.
-In the space provided paste embedded code. (It won't look like it will fit...I pinky swear it does though)

Now, after you've done all this you'll see that the forums will say that you posted something but there will not be a video. Do not be alarmed you're still on the right track.

-Find your post and go to edit.
-Delete what it says in the reply box...it's something along the lines of img/img.
-Post that same code your posted in the photo hyperlink box. Only this time your just posting it as a normal reply.

That's it. I know when reading it it seems like a lot...but really all your doing is copying the text and pasting it in the photo link box and your regular reply. I hope this clears things up.

P.S. I'm not html savvy in the least bit. This is also pretty much the only forum I frequent. If anyone is aware of a better way of doing this please fill the rest of us in.

Heya dear friend Hiporlacking, feel free to point anyone who needs help with html
coding or other coding my way, I am fairly good at it and more than willing to lend any help I can to anyone having difficulty.........thanks, loves ya asha

09-24-2010 at 03:56:01 AM

Last edited by gmcookie 09-24-2010 at 03:57:15 AM

09-24-2010 at 07:08:28 AM

Quote:

The Dance Of Love
Video Poem
by
Gloria Jamrozy
So Very Lovely
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

THANKS., Asha. I am glad to see this video here on "in and out" from Mary's Bridge. Mary is a magnifcent "soul" song writer.

Last edited by cousinsoren 09-24-2010 at 07:13:14 AM

09-24-2010 at 07:23:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcookie

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hey, GmCooke,

THANKS, Man! I am never tired of viewing this video. "Stand by me" is really groovy! THANKS.

Last edited by cousinsoren 09-24-2010 at 07:24:36 AM

09-24-2010 at 07:32:54 AM

Quote:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

THANKS, Hyportlacking,

This video is really groovy and evolutionary. THANKS

09-24-2010 at 08:19:44 AM

*****************************************************************************************************

For Dano!!

His birthday is tomorrow, so if you find time, please stop by and wish him a happy day!! ♥

*****************************************************************************************************cool smile

Last edited by MindNumbing 09-24-2010 at 08:23:45 AM

09-24-2010 at 08:26:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcookie

That was absolutely Fantastic GM......Great Selection..........love asha

09-24-2010 at 08:28:38 AM

09-24-2010 at 08:30:40 AM

RE: RE: RE: The O.P. Community's infinite playlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

The Dance Of Love
Video Poem
by
Gloria Jamrozy
So Very Lovely
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

THANKS., Asha. I am glad to see this video here on "in and out" from Mary's Bridge. Mary is a magnifcent "soul" song writer.

Thanks Oren but I did not pull it from Mary's Bridge I copied from my poetry site The Crossing where she also posted it......thanks for watching.....loves ya asha

09-24-2010 at 09:03:38 AM

If you folks liked "Stand by Me, you'll probably also like "One Love" also from the good folks at Playing for Change. Enjoy - gmcookie

Last edited by gmcookie 09-24-2010 at 09:05:20 AM

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.