Original Poetry Forums

Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

12-23-2010 at 12:15:37 PM

RE: RE: Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

We are going to create a letter, a proposal to the United States Post Office.
they are the creators of Operation Santa Claus.
We need muscle for this book, and this is the best way we think to get the book out.
We couldn't find an organization to do it so far..
This project is special, we didn't just want to throw it out in a hurry, and have it a disaster, so we have a full year to add poems to it, fine tune it, organize it, and market it with Operation Santa Claus. There was just no way to get this book out, with Asha in the hospital, Paul, Angel, Maddi and me didnt feel comfortable doing it
without her.
She is still in the hospital, and Paul is taking care of her thank God for Paul..
This will be a better book, by this, and also it will have more man power behind it this way.

Happy Holidays, from the Snow-Poets 2010

I've been worried sick about Asha because I was terrified something bad would happen maybe in part because I've had one of the worst weeks in my life 2 family members and 2 dear friends all died within 3 days of each other so this weekend will be spent going to wakes and funerals. I'm a bit happy that there will be a delay it gives me more time to try my hand at more Christmas themed poems , So it looks to be a year of practice and more practice please give Paul my thanks for taking care of her and I send her healing hugs and kisses xoxox

12-23-2010 at 12:19:11 PM

RE: Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

The system is the same, Post poem here, and email a copy to Asha.

12-23-2010 at 12:24:03 PM

Mission Inpossible has Been activated.Pls Feel free to dial in and report the huge Pch Scam/1-207-381-7948....My husband is clueless,lol!!!!!!!!!!red facecool cheesecool hmm

12-23-2010 at 12:27:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfootlady

Mission Inpossible has Been activated.Pls Feel free to dial in and report the huge Pch Scam/1-207-381-7948....My husband is clueless,lol!!!!!!!!!!red facecool cheesecool hmm

Hi there BlackFootLady, you should start a new thread, and be specific so poets have an idea what you are asking them, because I still have no clue.
You will get more of a reponse if you do, This is the Christmas Thread.

Happy Holidays

12-23-2010 at 12:27:23 PM

Blackfootlady/anonnymous/The Publishers Clearing House Pch Security Officers/Dispatching Center/1-207-381-7948,lol!tongue winkcool grincool smile

12-23-2010 at 12:29:43 PM

Operation PCH Investigation/The Christmas tree is lit/We are in the Green/lol!lol!lol!sickangrycool hmm

12-24-2010 at 02:09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmooney

12-24-2010 at 02:09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmooney

12-24-2010 at 02:50:50 PM

Keep Writing.Totally Awesome Friends! TY for sharing the fun with Me,God Bless the Gifted.Love -Black

Poet: CHURVLOLsmiletongue wink

12-24-2010 at 07:53:23 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got home a little while ago from the hospital.......I will be taking things very slow for a while but I can sit and work on the book without to much problem as long as I take several breaks in between. I will catch up on all the poems I missed and get our two christmas books going again......I want to thank WS, Maddi and Paul for helping to pick up the slack while I was so ill and for Dano and his amazing art for the cover.......I will start back to work tomorrow on SnowPoets and the Mr. and Mrs. Clause version.......and don't worry we will find the right charity to donate the procedes of the childrens book to their charity. I still have several charity's for children to contact that was left when I got sick.......I have confidence that one of them will appreciate and value all the hard work the OP poet family has done in donating their hard work to create these two books.......I will be back at it tomorrow and taking it slow for the next several weeks.....Even though we did not get the book out in time for this Christmas it does not matter, it will give us more time to make an even more fantastic creation from all of you that will bring in lots of needed money to help any needy children we can........Thank you all so very much for your prayers and messages of concern for my health and recovery while I was in the hospital. Without all of those things from all of my OP family here I don't think I would have made it home for Christmas this year...........I want to wish each and every one of you a very, very, Merry Christmas this year and a very Happy New Year..........

keep sending in those poems my friends and will shall soon have two wonderful Christmas poem books created from all of your hard work......one for a childrens theme and one as more of an adult theme.......each and every and all poems donated are deeply apreciated...........

We will have a beautiful SnowPoets & Selected Christmas Verse and
SnowPoets Mr. & Mrs. Clause Christmas

I know it can be none less than greatness coming from such tremendous, awesome poets as we have in our OP family...........so keep sending as we have plenty of time to make them both great.............Next year we will start sooner so that you can have the next version by Christmas to put under your tree.............

Bare with me my loves as I mend slowly and get the ball rolling again........Thank you so much John, Maddi, Paul and Dano for taking up the slack while I was in the hospital.............I love you all.......

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL OF YOU OUR OP SNOWPOETS DUET FAMILY PRODUCTION...........

AND HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MY OP FAMILY..............

Have a bottle on me...............love ashatongue winktongue rolleyetongue laughrolleyesrolleyesred facered facegringringrinkisskisskisskisskiss

12-24-2010 at 09:02:39 PM

Welcome home! I hope you heel well and soon. Blessings to you now and forever, Olan.

12-24-2010 at 10:09:08 PM

WELCOME BACK, ASHA!! what a blessing to come home, and on
Christmas Eve, at that!big surprisebig surprisecool smile

12-24-2010 at 10:21:49 PM

Another Poem for Christmas

Is Christmas the twenty fifth day of December
Packaged in hope that some may remember
A gift that was given by shopping in haste
The fragrance of memories now laid waste?

Akin to lovers, the sight-driven season
Strewn with tragedies sparring with reason
Make up and break up, repetitive fate
And addiction-torn families, battling hate

The glad time invites bad times
It’s just human nature
Seems greed wins over good
A sure, time-old wager.

So what of the giving and singing
Such bright giving of gifts
Cheerful laughing and the ringing
Of bells over snow drifts

Is there loving to stop the shoving
From the “I, me, mine” crowd
Find the message in the madness
Call His name out loud

Is the Name such a mystery
In the centuries gone by?
See the timeline of history
He still calls you and I

Born a human in a manger
To be the lamb-sacrifice
He was holy and the only
To be worthy of this price.

Truly wise men who lived then
Traveled half a world away
Reading star’s song in the heavens
To find a Babe born in hay

He’s the one King born of Prophecy
The kingdom not of this world
It stretches beyond mind’s grasp
As the Universe uncurls

For the faithful and forgiven
There’s a table set for kings
Where humble and halt bear
The Name the cherubim sing

A hope for healing and Joy to fulfill hungry hearts in this Christmas Celebration--Merry, Merry, Christmas!!!

12-24-2010 at 10:46:14 PM

Oh Asha what a wonderful gift !! Home for Christmas !!

12-24-2010 at 10:53:21 PM

Say Words You are awesome friend.I wrote a letter to the Northpole All By myself.Santa wrote back Slinger,lol! So I wrote Back and the letter was snatched by an elf of all things.Can You Believe it,Words.Oh My I hope He gets it to Santa in time because We don't Have a Christmas Tree this year again Because We have been so Poor.It will be the 7th year with no tree,honest ingine.So that Elf better give Santa My letter...............
..........................................................For the Poets to review.
..........TO: WORDS THAT SLING,ops I mean sing,lol!
Love Blackfoot ladycool hmmsmiletongue wink

12-25-2010 at 03:40:05 AM

Hello ASHA,
Asha were You in the Hospital too? I've Missed alot because I'm the Last Minute lady too,lol! I hope Your feeling Better.You have the Best Christmas You can have.Remember always that Heaven is as real as My hand...

Love Always,
CHURV

P.S...........God Bless.cool smilesmileLOL

12-25-2010 at 03:56:54 AM

blackfootlady"
Awe thank you Sorry I missed the Snow Party, Santa just brought a tree, clothes, and and a snow plow so I can finally taste what Illinios snow is again, lol

Merry Christmas All, Asha you are awesome, we shall get the book going..
with help from John-Angel because the USA PO is the Army of Poetic affairs..

And Dano is the ulyimate Snow Ball, Paul thank you,

Merry Christmas Madelynn, wink

and OP, keep up the snow ball fight, we are going to take count unless
you use a shovel like Rollin Olan01, lol

Last edited by WordSlinger 12-25-2010 at 03:58:02 AM

12-25-2010 at 06:51:50 AM

Good Morning Everybody,
Merry Christmas to All & to All A Great Day!!!
Asha I hope Your feeling Better Today.This unit has been praying for You,lol!
I would like You to have a Healthy Recovery. Make sure You get plenty of rest.Eat a lot of soups in variety before Meals.This helps a lot.

Love Always,

Blackfootlady

P.s.Have You seen Churv.I heard that silly lady thinks I'm stalking her,lol. I heard about it.You can tell Shes been hanging out with those Two nerds again.Butterflylady and butterfly luv,lol!rolleyestongue winksmile

12-25-2010 at 06:51:53 AM

Good Morning Everybody,
I would like You to have a Healthy Recovery. Make sure You get plenty of rest.Eat a lot of soups in variety before Meals.This helps a lot.

Love Always,

Blackfootlady

P.s.Have You seen Churv.I heard that silly lady thinks I'm stalking her,lol. I heard about it.You can tell Shes been hanging out with those Two nerds again.Butterflylady and butterfly luv,lol!rolleyestongue winksmile

12-25-2010 at 01:13:02 PM

Hello Everybody,
So This is The Spirit of Christmas Kids,Wow! I've got alot to read and Learn. Have The Best Christmas Day Ever.

Love Black.....cool hmmLOLcool smile

12-25-2010 at 01:53:02 PM

I finally Found the Butterfly Lady.Listen to What She said to Me............
http://www.radiolove.com

http://www.radiolovelive.com/privacy

Totally Unreal! I can't Believe those Three varments,lol! The whole time it was a Surprize,lol!

LMAO! Blackfootlady

Love Churv

God Bless The butterfly Lady

Stay tune theres more,lol !!!

charlene.wilcox1

Facebook/wlcxcharlene21@yahoo.com Have A Great Day,lol!winktongue winkcool smile

12-25-2010 at 02:30:05 PM

Quote:

Good Morning Everybody,

Love Always,

Blackfootlady

LOL.......thank you black...and yes I think I saw curv a few days ago so better quit stalking her.LMAO..too funny............Merry Christmas my blackfoot sister......loves ya lots ashakisskisskissLOLLOLLOLred facered facered facerolleyesrolleyesrolleyestongue laughtongue rolleyetongue wink

12-25-2010 at 02:33:07 PM

Quote:

I finally Found the Butterfly Lady.Listen to What She said to Me............
http://www.radiolove.com

http://www.radiolovelive.com/privacy

Totally Unreal! I can't Believe those Three varments,lol! The whole time it was a Surprize,lol!

LMAO! Blackfootlady

Love Churv

God Bless The butterfly Lady

Stay tune theres more,lol !!!

charlene.wilcox1

Facebook/wlcxcharlene21@yahoo.com Have A Great Day,lol!winktongue winkcool smile

awe darn sis, the link to the radio is not working and I wanted to hear what they said.......pouts........love ashasmirksmirkconfusedconfused

12-25-2010 at 02:41:06 PM

Merry Christmas everyone I'm having the best Christmas ever as my son and I were reunited a few months ago and I'm tickled pink to be spending Christmas with him and my grandchildren. Wishing everyone abundant blessings. peace love and happinessxxxx

12-25-2010 at 04:46:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaM

Merry Christmas everyone I'm having the best Christmas ever as my son and I were reunited a few months ago and I'm tickled pink to be spending Christmas with him and my grandchildren. Wishing everyone abundant blessings. peace love and happinessxxxx

Oh I am so happy for you dear to be with your loving family for christmas......give him a hug from me.........loves ya and have a happy, wonderful Merry Christmas.........heres a snowball for your son........hehe..........love asha

(░) `O. ¸¸. ✲. ¸. o´¯`¸. o´¯`❄¸ (░) `O. ¸¸. ¸.✲´¯`o. ¸ (░) `O. ¸❄。`O. ¸¸. ¸. o´¯`❄。 ¨¯`*✲.... ¸. o´¯`o. ¸ (░) `O. ¸¸. ¸. o´¯`❄. ¸ (░) ´*。✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。 ❄ Ok!!SPLAT...MERRY CHRISTMAS..! ^_^ vkisskissgringrintongue laughtongue wink

and here is some more for the grandkids....toss a snowball at them from me with love.......lol

(░) `O. ¸¸. ✲. ¸. o´¯`¸. o´¯`❄¸ (░) `O. ¸¸. ¸.✲´¯`o. ¸ (░) `O. ¸❄。`O. ¸¸. ¸. o´¯`❄。 ¨¯`*✲.... ¸. o´¯`o. ¸ (░) `O. ¸¸. ¸. o´¯`❄. ¸ (░) ´*。✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。 ❄
(░) `O. ¸¸. ✲. ¸. o´¯`¸. o´¯`❄¸ (░) `O. ¸¸. ¸.✲´¯`o. ¸ (░) `O. ¸❄。`O. ¸¸. ¸. o´¯`❄。 ¨¯`*✲.... ¸. o´¯`o. ¸ (░) `O. ¸¸. ¸. o´¯`❄. ¸ (░) ´*。✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。 ❄
Ok!!SPLAT...MERRY CHRISTMAS..! ^_^ vgringringringrinrolleyesrolleyesrolleyestongue laughtongue rolleyetongue winkrolleyesrolleyes

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 12-25-2010 at 04:48:37 PM

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.