Original Poetry Forums

Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

12-08-2010 at 04:03:13 PM

RE: Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

We have one small snag with the book my friends. We won't be able to use any pictures in the book that you have submitted with your poems that came from the internet......We will have issues with the copyright stuff if we use them......But we are looking into other areas where we can use images.......You can send in pictures of your christmas tree and things like that if you have them......any cute christmas pictures we will consider with your poems.......lights and snow are always good too......try not to send in pictures with actual family members in them as we cannot post them in the book...your cute pets deck out for christmas is ok........so if anyone else has an idea please let me know........ok back to work on this........loves ya ashared facered facered face

Last edited by ApaqRasgirl 12-08-2010 at 04:04:30 PM

12-08-2010 at 04:05:02 PM

I have a piece of art work I did I could send you a copy .and see what you think

12-08-2010 at 04:11:03 PM

Poets can also get their kids, and grand kids to submit Christmas drawings

12-08-2010 at 04:12:00 PM

Oren's Story is fantastic Asha, you know where to put it...

12-08-2010 at 04:36:41 PM

thank you John, got Oren's story added to the file........thanks for helping

12-08-2010 at 04:38:29 PM

RE: RE: Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaM

I have a piece of art work I did I could send you a copy .and see what you think

That artwork of yours was great dear,,,,,it works perfect......thanks so much.....now to get more of my poet family to send them in.....just send them to me and I will get back to you if we can use it or not........thanks guys for helping......I hated having to pull all those pictures.........love asha

12-08-2010 at 04:51:38 PM

sent in by Blackfootlady

The Art of Christmas
A Heaven sent project in its' making.
All the Christmas cookies that will be baking.
The Christmas trees decorated in such variety.
Blessing counted by Santa Clauses society.
For I notice a star glistening and glittering from above.
It's a season answered by wishes and love.
I recall all the joy Christmas Day brings.
The Star as a guide for the three wise kings.
Just like a present in a child's eyes reflecting a smile.
Here's Santa again with his reindeer dressed in style.
Across frosted snow banks on a sleigh-bell ride.
Spreading his spirit like a joyous duty that never dyes.
It exist from our soul were Angel hark the Harald's as they sing.
It's lined with toys that Santa's Corporation brings.
Enhanced with eggnog,milk,cookies and those candy canes.
But design for the truest spirit of all Jesus Christ our Lord.
A celebration of the birth of life given to us all like an on-core.
For the Art of Christmas is the gift to hold the next persons hand.
It truly is the Heaven sent joy to spread love through out the land.
A remembrance of three wise kings that knelt to a child in the night.
I still think it was The Star shown brightly that enhanced there sight.

By Blackfootlady 2009©

12-08-2010 at 04:59:15 PM

To Everyone, Asha and Paul,
are doing a great job, me and Maddi have seen the books interior,
and they have it beautiful with all of your poems, and pictures.
We'll be back late late tonite.
Talk then,

John E and Maddi

Last edited by WordSlinger 12-08-2010 at 05:03:28 PM

12-08-2010 at 05:00:49 PM

i was wondering if there an image that you guys wanted to use for the back of the book... let me know and as soon as i have it i can put it all togehther

12-08-2010 at 05:28:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano

i was wondering if there an image that you guys wanted to use for the back of the book... let me know and as soon as i have it i can put it all togehther

Dano our idea is in the beginning of this thread.
We need an artist,

12-08-2010 at 05:29:14 PM

sent in by carynontherhine
thanks so much.......love asha

Christmas Morning
The morning has finally come. I am only wishing for some. I run to her bed, my confident and nudge her, hurry its time and we know that we must be quiet even though we are thinking of the doll we saw just the other day. I do believe it was poor pitiful pearl which also with it came a bed.

Walking on the ledge of the stairs would not be an easy task and thank goodness it was just this one time of the year, this risk must be be taken without thought and no time for
fears. And as we creep our way down we can only hope our
father would not be there with a frown. We venture to the room where all we could see was the window, the tree barely and toys piled high so high that all I could say to her was oh my! It was not time yet and I said nine and you said ten, now hurry for the stockings but all I could think of was the baby doll in her carriage and thinking I will call her Jen.

Back to the stairs we go but just one more glance as to what was to come, now so happy because there was much more then just some. Now nestled in your bed, we could explore through the long socks that we kept reaching deeper till all of our trinkets were now exposed almost like the pedals of a rose. Pulled apart to reach the end.

Don't talk and do not step too loudly all will come to begin our Christmas day with the family. And now it is ten, daddy is calling us, its time to laugh, to sing, to scream. Daddy I love you, Mommy I love you and thank you for my beautiful things.

I look over at you and we exchange glances, glad we were quiet as it is now time to let Christmas ring and you know later with the cousins we shall sing. For sisters we were and your voice was good but I always felt mine was divine. Just the other day you told me I had a lovely voice and so much better then hers. I could not believe it, she finally admitted I sung better then her! My sister, I love you too. Merry Christmas!!

Christmas Morning
The morning has finally come. I am only wishing for some. I run to her bed, my confident and nudge her, hurry its time and we know that we must be quiet even though we are thinking of the doll we saw just the other day. I do believe it was poor pitiful pearl which also with it came a bed.

Walking on the ledge of the stairs would not be an easy task and thank goodness it was just this one time of the year, this risk must be be taken without thought and no time for
fears. And as we creep our way down we can only hope our
father would not be there with a frown. We venture to the room where all we could see was the window, the tree barely and toys piled high so high that all I could say to her was oh my! It was not time yet and I said nine and you said ten, now hurry for the stockings but all I could think of was the baby doll in her carriage and thinking I will call her Jen.

Back to the stairs we go but just one more glance as to what was to come, now so happy because there was much more then just some. Now nestled in your bed, we could explore through the long socks that we kept reaching deeper till all of our trinkets were now exposed almost like the pedals of a rose. Pulled apart to reach the end.

Don't talk and do not step too loudly all will come to begin our Christmas day with the family. And now it is ten, daddy is calling us, its time to laugh, to sing, to scream. Daddy I love you, Mommy I love you and thank you for my beautiful things.

I look over at you and we exchange glances, glad we were quiet as it is now time to let Christmas ring and you know later with the cousins we shall sing. For sisters we were and your voice was good but I always felt mine was divine. Just the other day you told me I had a lovely voice and so much better then hers. I could not believe it, she finally admitted I sung better then her! My sister, I love you too. Merry Christmas!!

12-08-2010 at 06:17:09 PM

12-08-2010 at 06:41:45 PM

Quote:

we may have one for that in a few days Dano......I have a few poets sending me some of their Christmas artwork and I want to have a look at that first and see what pops.......may be some great art in it that will not only make the book look good but will give another poet reason to smile for Christmas.......oh and Dano if you have any art you want to put inside the book let me know and send it to me.........thanks dear for your wonderful work so far..........love ashared facered facered facerolleyesrolleyestongue laughtongue rolleyetongue wink

12-08-2010 at 06:44:49 PM

I have a beautiful Indian Christmas Abstract.winksmilecool hmm

12-08-2010 at 07:01:27 PM

RE: RE: RE: Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Dano our idea is in the beginning of this thread.
We need an artist,

oh goodness, I have been so busy I forgot about the back cover idea we had.......geeze where did my brain go....lol..........yea hey DANO, WE NEED AN ARTIST,,,,,,,,NO WHERE WE CAN FIND ONE..............lol..........loves you guys to death and back............asha

12-08-2010 at 07:03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfootlady

I have a beautiful Indian Christmas Abstract.winksmilecool hmm

cool, send me a copy if you want to add it.........thanks

12-08-2010 at 07:05:21 PM

I've been busy working on a snow poet Christmas village piece of artwork not sure how it will come out but will email it to you and if you think you can use it then by all means I would be thrilled to contribute

12-08-2010 at 08:11:53 PM

Asha,Never Recieve Your E-Mail Addy.Pls send Now Thank You to:charlenewlcx21@yahoo.comtongue wink

12-08-2010 at 08:19:40 PM

Every Message Recieved-Churvsmilecool smiletongue wink

12-08-2010 at 09:01:33 PM

Such A Gifted Teacher You are.I always learn Something New From You.

12-08-2010 at 09:16:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

BabyDoll that is simple beautiful...........I love it.....thanks for adding this wonderful poem........love asha

12-08-2010 at 09:18:25 PM

Please don't send me any messages to my shadimelungenar@yahoo mail as it is overloaded.......use my gmail account posted please.........thanks all.........love asha

ashadi9895@gmail.com

gulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulp

12-08-2010 at 10:23:27 PM

Dear family, here is a few tips on some art pieces that would go really good. Plus any other christmas art you have we will be so happy to get.......

Toy train
santa face
Letter to santa
snowman
snowflakes
christmas tree
angels

hmmmmm. I will think more..........lol
love asha

12-08-2010 at 10:25:55 PM

RE: RE: RE: Calling All Poets (Christmas Poems) INTERNET ILLUSTRATIONS -- CAUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

Originally Posted by ApaqRasgirl

We have one small snag with the book my friends. We won't be able to use any pictures in the book that you have submitted with your poems that came from the internet......We will have issues with the copyright stuff if we use them......But we are looking into other areas where we can use images.......You can send in pictures of your christmas tree and things like that if you have them......any cute christmas pictures we will consider with your poems.......lights and snow are always good too......try not to send in pictures with actual family members in them as we cannot post them in the book...your cute pets deck out for christmas is ok........so if anyone else has an idea please let me know........ok back to work on this........loves ya ashared facered facered face

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Yes. I know that we cannot use the Internet illustrations, and I know also that you know, therefore , I did not bother to mention it.. It's just that I love to privately illustrate my poems with some of these Internet designs for my own pleasure. I include the Internet illustrations here with the hope that artists may be inspired and motivated to illustrate along similar lines. I regret that I do not have the time nor energy to offer my own designs to be done by myself,and which I am capable of doing.

Darling, you can use any picture you like and find with your lovely poems here in the forums........they always look really swell with pictures........we just can't put them in a printed book if they don't belong to one of you........sorry for the confusion darling........love asha

12-08-2010 at 10:31:06 PM

BALLAD ACAPELLA ( A Christmas Song))
BALLAD A CAPELLA

Soprano alto tenor bass,
Thus four together blended,
When men their angelic voices raise,
Angels silently attended.
Need no organ symphonious
Need no orchestra ,
Oh Holy Night they sing
Sweetly sing a capella

Ooo-ooh, need no organ symphonious ,
Voices need no orchestra,
A capella they sweetly sing
About a Son in manger.

Hear thou the cattle are lowing
In the pastures a lying;.
Ooo-oh , the alto tranquil soothing ,
Trumpet violin flute bassoon
From their throats rising,
Needs no orchestra;
O Holy Night they sing,
O Holy Night they sing
Sweetly sing a capella.

Shepherds and sheep woke up that night
Oooh , the beasts crooned with delight!
Ooooh , Christ in a manger was born,
The blessed son of Mary.
Magi from the east came.
With their gifts to worship the King ,
O Holy Night they sang ,
Sweetly sang a capella.

O, let all voices joyfully sing
Born to us a Saviour;
A capella harmonious wooing,
Our sweet voices blending ;
No organ symphonious
Our voices need no orchestra,
Joyfully we shall sing :
Oooh- ooo! Ooo- oo--oh!

(Written by Oren O. Cousins, of Jamaica, December 2000)

Last edited by cousinsoren 12-08-2010 at 10:32:19 PM

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.