Original Poetry Forums

Hear Me Out 8

03-08-2011 at 12:28:11 PM

Hear Me Out 8

In a school setting here are two important parties, the student and teacher. One does a job they feel is their calling to instill a basic foundation to help those of youth to find their own voice. The other is a position that is structured to explore all avenues of a craft so they can formulate a more stable path for themselves. More often then not most of these setting have no bounderies of age. Here at OP I seen students more often then not become the true teachers and the teachers become the unruly students that seems to be stagnant or just pure non flexabile. This cross over does not help the common goal for either party I feel if we are to be teachers or take that responsibility for the lessons we teach we need to be accountable for what lessons we teach for everyone does not hone to a certain lesson and we are here just to provide a foundation not a complete map for the students we need to respect our students path for themselves and have faith enough in them to choose it wisely. I applaud the idea ofd this school but I feel this needs to be noted. As both a student and teacher myself I would value your insight on this and one other factor. I have created a threat called HEAR ME OUT in the first forum please read it over and give me your opinion on how to make OP bigger and if not here then are willing to put the time to be involved in a venture that can yourself but others as well. Thanks for your time Plot121 AKA Robert…

03-08-2011 at 12:46:42 PM

RE: Hear Me Out 8

agreed

this was largely a work of Wordslinger's ... he "formalized" the school of poetry by placing it in the forum, organizing posts, and making it a little easier for students and teachers to get together on particular subjects. he volunteered his time, as did RH Peat and Balladeer and others ... wonderful poets and teachers ...

a combative teaching style is not in line with how they approached it ... and i deeply disagree with what i see as neves' inherently disrespectful style ... so many who volunteered in the past moved on ...

-dancinhawk-

Poetry is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.