Original Poetry Forums

OP Poetry Contest

05-25-2018 at 04:06:02 PM

OP Poetry Contest

To those who don't know the poetry contest is no longer an active contest. The last winner was back in 2011. The owner's of this site have kept it up and running but there is no-one who runs the day to day operations. The great Papa used to be our site moderator and website manager but he was let go. The never replaced him, hence why you don't see any new winners. This is in some ways a ghost site, a shell of its former self and glory that was OP. The only reason the owner's keep it up and running is for advertisement revenue. I tried to contact the owners but they never responded. Papa even tried to see if they were willing to sell the site but they refused. I used to be on the moderators under papa. I wrote the Ins and outs of OP forum. I hope this helps explain why no-one wins the poetry contest and why the site isn't as active as it used to be

Last edited by angel33614 05-25-2018 at 04:07:48 PM

07-18-2018 at 01:13:01 PM

RE: OP Poetry Contest

thanks for letting us know...I had been away for 8 long years and came back to a ghost town...truly sad. As a previous weekly winner and in the first (only?) published book, i had hoped it had flourished in my absence

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.