Original Poetry Forums

Analyzing the Steelers’ Week-4 defeat

02-13-2019 at 03:59:11 AM

Analyzing the Steelers’ Week-4 defeat

at the hands of the Ravens http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-joe-haden-jersey , by the numbers 3This is the number of first downs the Steelers made in the entire second half of the game. Conversely, the Ravens had this many first downs on three of their six second-half possessions (one of which was in victory formation). Losing the first-down battle 14-3 in the second half of a game that was tied at halftime isn’t going to get the job done.8:29, 47 yards, and 0 pointsThe Steelers only possessed the ball for 8:29 in the second half, gaining only 47 yards. The longest drive of the second half was 2:42 which was six plays and 27 yards, ending with a punt.4-1-1This information is the result of the Steeler’ second-half drives. Four punts, one interception and one turnover on downs.0/6The Steelers were zero-for-six on third downs in the second half. It was a balanced 0/3 in the third quarter and 0/3 in the fourth quarter. On those plays, Ben Roethlisberger was one-for-six for minus 5 yards and one INT. Comparatively Chris Boswell Jersey , the Ravens were four-for-10 on third down in the second half, with Joe Flacco going four-for-seven passing the ball for 55 yards. Of those four completions, three of them were enough to move the chains.53:03This might seem to be a strange number. It’s actually one of the rare positives from Sunday night. 53:03 is the amount of time to finish the game during which the Steelers’ defense kept the Ravens out of the end zone. After surrendering the second touchdown with 8:03 remaining in the first quarter (which was only a 31-yard drive due to a turnover), the defense was in “bend but don’t break” mode. Of the 10 drives that followed, four ended in punts, four led to field goals, one was a fumble recovery, and the other ended the game. Keep in mind the defense was on the field for 21:31 of the second half. As much as it didn’t look pretty Authentic Xavier Grimble Jersey , they managed to do that and not give up a touchdown.26 points With the Steelers averaging almost 30 points a game coming into Week 4, holding Baltimore to 26 points should have been enough to get the W, but it wasn’t. I’m not arguing that the defense did a great job against the Ravens, but after giving up 14 first-quarter points, they only surrendered field goals the rest of the game. The offense simply has to be able to keep pace when the defense is holding a team to 3-pointers. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said at his Tuesday press conference that turnover ratio is one area he would like to see his team improve in the coming weeks.Tomlin’s comments were centered on the defense’s failure to create turnovers against Denver and Jacksonville — they did recover a fumble on the last play against the Jaguars — over the last two weeks. That ratio is out of whack because the Steelers have turned the ball over seven times in those contests, so there’s more than one way to address the issue.Five of those turnovers were interceptions by Ben Roethlisberger and his 12 interceptions on the season are tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the second-most in the league. During an appearance on 93.7 The Game on Tuesday, Roethlisberger said he’s not happy throwing picks while also saying that he’s not going to start making big changes to his game to avoid them.“Sometimes those things happen. I’m a quarterback that is going to go out and sling it,” Roethlisberger said on his weekly radio show Tuesday. “You talk about gunslinger or whatever you want to talk about Cheap Javon Hargrave Jersey , I’m not going to worry about interceptions. I hate doing ’em. They bother me. But I’m going to go out and play my game and try to help us win football games.”Roethlisberger is averaging 43 passes a game, so his interception rate of 2.5% is in line with recent seasons. With the Chargers, Patriots and Saints on tap in the next four weeks, finding a way to make it drop while remaining effective otherwise would be a positive development for the Steelers. Custom Tennessee Titans Jerseys

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.