Original Poetry Forums

Golden Nuggets: Is Shanahan the new genius in town

03-08-2019 at 10:10:20 PM

Golden Nuggets: Is Shanahan the new genius in town

Our offense has had a few good plays and a few missed opportunities but they have not looked very consistent. During Jimmy G’s starts last year http://www.49erscheapstore.com/george-kittle-jersey-cheap , it felt like the 49ers had a good chance to do something big on almost every offensive play. There was energy and expectations I had not seen since the ‘90s. Unfortunately, I haven’t felt that same energy the first two weeks of this season.Some people are blaming Jimmy Garoppolo. He has hung onto the ball too long, he is not seeing the open receiver, he is staring down his intended receiver and he is not making good decisions is just some of the accusations I have read on Niners Nation.Some people are blaming the receivers not getting open and some are blaming the offensive line while others look to the Jerrick McKinnon injury for being the blame for our sluggish start.My question is, why are people so unwilling to blame the head coach and offensive coordinator? Most of them get extremely defensive the moment you mention anything about him being held accountable. Holding the coach accountable has become synonymous with saying he is a bad coach and I am not sure why? If you really think Kyle Shanahan is a great coach, why are you being so insecure that no one can question anything he says or does?It is up to Kyle Shanahan to fix what is wrong with the team. If that means bringing in new players, coaching up the ones he has or changing the game plan to get the most out of his players Cheap Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey , that is what he is there for. Good or bad, he is ultimately responsible for the team come game day.Now you might think I am getting down on Kyle Shanahan and you are partially right but it is because of my faith and respect in his coaching abilities that I hold him to such a high standard. I think he has the ability to make the changes we need to be more consistent. Players are not executing at the level he has demanded and opposing coaches have spent time during the off season to plan defensive coverages to slow the 49ers offense down. I have little doubt Shanahan will respond. He is way too smart when it comes to coaching tactics not to. I anxiously am looking forward to see what he comes up with against the Kansas City Chiefs.I sincerely believe Shanahan is the answer to making the whole offense look better. I believe he is also intelligent enough to make some subtle changes that can make Jimmy G’s life easier on game day. It took Matt Ryan two training camps to get Shanahan’s offense down and he was a seasoned veteran quarterback. Perhaps Shanahan might have fed Jimmy Garoppolo too much detail too early? I don’t know? I do know Kyle has a great supporting cast when it comes to breaking down game film and looking for the edge needed to be competitive. Don’t be surprised if the offense looks a little more consistent this week.On another note, Baker Mayfield looked pretty good tonight. He looked like he deserved to be the first pick in the draft.Now onto the hot links:How the 49ers can beat the ChiefsGrant CohnCoaches, teammates backing Ahkello Witherspoon after poor performanceBrad AlmquistJoe Staley picks his one 49ers career roster undoDavid BonillaWhy not trade for Josh Gordon? 49ers’ John Lynch explainsEric BranchFoster says return from suspension is like celebrating holidayMatt MaioccoFoster and Sherman bond as 49ers locker neighborsChris BidermanJohn Lynch: Why 49ers didn’t aggressively pursue Josh GordonDavid Bonilla49ers’ Richard Sherman misses practices with heel injuryEric BranchThree safeties getting extra reps with Jaquiski Tartt injuredKyle MadsonWhat are the Chiefs Saying about the 49ers?Kelana MartinErrors by young 49ers WRs highlight challenges of Shanahan’s system Eric BranchRichard Sherman after watching Steelers defense vs. Chiefs: ‘I think they made it way too complicated’David BonillaRichard Sherman believes Ahkello Witherspoon will ‘respond well’ after rough outingDavid Bonilla49ers RB Matt Breida named the FedEx Ground Player of the WeekDavid BonillaChiefs receivers love their new offenseMike FlorioIt’s time for 49ers to consider some changes to their defensive line rotation The San Francisco 49ers have made it pretty clear they are going to rely on their defensive line to pressure the quarterback. They are near the bottom of the league in blitzing, instead choosing to send their front four as the primary pass rushers.Through two weeks, the 49ers rank No. 19 in adjusted sack rate at Football Outsiders. From an individual perspective, DeForest Buckner has been the most productive of the team’s pass rushing options. Arik Armstead has a greater win rate inside (18.5 percent to 13.2 percent) http://www.49erscheapstore.com/pierre-garcon-jersey-cheap , but Buckner’s volume coupled with having more decisive wins results in a higher pass rush grade at Pro Football Focus.The group has work to do, but I suppose it’s not nearly as awful as it could be. If the team looks at some adjustments, we could see the group take a step forward. Most notably, second-year defensive lineman Solomon Thomas deserves more time inside. He has done great work as a run stopper on the edge. That is his strength, and thus far has been the role that has generated the most success.However, in the few instances Thomas has been able to rush the passer from the interior, he has found success. Thomas has played 71 snaps on the defensive line through two weeks. Of that http://www.49erscheapstore.com/earl-mitchell-jersey-cheap , 60 have been as either left or right edge rusher, and 11 have been what would qualify as the defensive interior, according to PFF. From those 11 snaps, Thomas has rushed the passer on nine. PFF gives him a win rate of 22.2 percent on those snaps. It is a small sample size, but it is higher than that of Armstead and Buckner. Odds are he would not hold up that rate, but it does show some measure of success inside.The 49ers have given DeForest Buckner more work outside than in previous years. Last year, he was an edge defender on two percent of snaps http://www.49erscheapstore.com/laken-tomlinson-jersey-cheap , according to PFF. In two games this season, that rate has increased to 17 percent. The 49ers are not going to make a significant shift in this direction, but getting Thomas inside more frequently in passing situations seems like a good way to beef up the pass rush. You could potentially have a line that includes Buckner, Thomas, Armstead, and Marsh, and maximize the pass rushing talent.Thomas took a step forward in Week 2 Cheap Mike McGlinchey Jersey , offering up a little more in both run and pass defense. He continues to do great work getting a hand on ball carriers in the run game. He also finished the game with four hurries, and looked solid rushing the passer from the inside. It has not exactly looked like what you would expect from a third overall pick, but it also seems like it has been enough to earn a bigger role. The 49ers defense faces a huge test this weekend against the Chiefs, and it might be time to try some new things to beef up the pass rush consistency.

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.