Original Poetry Forums

www.metsfanproshop.com

04-19-2019 at 10:07:38 PM

www.metsfanproshop.com

Brace Hemmelgarn/Getty ImagesMinnesota Twins third baseman Miguel Sano was arrested in the Dominican Republic on Sunday Adrian Gonzalez Jersey , Spanish-language outlet El Nuevo Diario reported (h/t the Star Tribune's Phil Miller).Police reportedly stopped Sano at a motor checkpoint. Sano, however, continued driving and allegedly ran over a police officer, who suffered a left leg fracture.Sano and his wife Daniela were reportedly departing from a nightclub in San Pedro de Macoris. Police stopped them because their car allegedly didn't have any license plates.According to Dominican paper Diario Libre (h/t Miller), Sano was released from custody "after promising to return Monday morning."Darren Wolfson of 5 Eyewitness News in St. Paul, Minnesota Jose Bautista Jersey , shared a statement from a Twins spokesperson: "The Minnesota Twins have been made aware of a situation involving Miguel Sano recently in the Dominican Republic. The facts of the incident are not completely available right now but the club is in the process of gathering as much information as possible. We will have no further comment at this time."The Athletic's Dan Hayes reported MLB is following the story as well:Dan Hayes DanHayesMLBBoth the #MNTwins and MLB are looking into what exactly transpired with Miguel San reported arrest earlier this morning. Lot of conflicting info out there. But no matter what, this can be the way the Twins wanted to start offseason with San after last year.Photographer Betsy Bissen accused Sano in December of assaulting her in 2015. MLB launched an investigation into the allegations but declined to suspend Sano.The 25-year-old appeared in a career-low 71 games in 2018. The Twins demoted him to their Single-A affiliate in June, and a lower leg injury kept him out for a large chunk of September. Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox/Getty ImagesTurns out Mookie Betts isn't just good at knocking the ball out of the park.He's also pretty good at knocking down the pins.The Boston Red Sox outfielder andPBA'sTommy Jones captured the2019 CP3 PBA Celebrity Invitational on Sunday.The duo earned a101-86 victory over Pete Weber and Terrell Owens, who won the 2017 event hosted by Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul."I finally got one," Betts said. "Now I'm going to enjoy it and get ready for baseball."Betts had finished second in each of his first two tries at winning the Celebrity Invitational. The avid bowler has also made appearances on the PBAWorld Series of Bowling, including bowling a 300 game in 2017."The charity is first and foremost http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , but the competition is fun too, and seeing guys from other sports, different backgrounds and other professions, all coming together to play one sport is definitely fun. But I don't like to lose; you never like to lose, so I'm glad we won this time," Betts said.The tournament benefits the Chris Paul Foundation and is hosted every year on Super Bowl Sunday. This was the 10th anniversary of the event."This is totally different than any bowling I do during the summer or with my friends and teammates Devin Mesoraco Jersey ," Paul said. "The pressure is different, there are a lot of people here, the lights are bright, but I'll make sure I do enough to win. It's amazing that it's been 10 years. I'm so grateful to the PBA and the bowlers, I can't say thank you enough."Betts and the remainder of his Boston Red Sox teammates are set to report to spring training later this month and defend their 2018 championship.

In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) Czech writer.