Original Poetry Forums

Why World Of Warcraft's New Customization Options Are Being Added

01-14-2021 at 02:11:56 AM

World of Warcraft's upcoming expansion, Shadowlands, introduces a series of new character customization options that give players access to more skin tones, eye colors, and hairstyles to better represent themselves in the game.To get more news about buy shadowlands gold, you can visit lootwowgold official website.

Assistant lead quest designer Johnny Cash told GameSpot in a new interview that these new creation tools came directly from feedback from the community, along with the desires of the development team. Cash also spoke to us about the new character Pelagos, who is among WoW's first trans characters.
There was a lot of push during this expansion, both from the team and from the community, to want to be able to express themselves better," Cash said. "And I think humans are the best example of that. We had people that said, 'I love Azeroth and I play all the time but I can't make a character who looks like me.' That really was something we took to heart and that was really the start of the effort with all the new character customization options."

The focus of the options will be available for human characters, but Blizzard is hoping to expand this to the game's other races down the road.

"Humans being the beginning of that, and then going into our other races too, looking for other opportunities ... whether they want to look like themselves or they want to look like something very different from themselves. [Our goal is to] give players more options than they've had before," Cash said.
Cash also mentioned that Blizzard hopes to continue adding more customization items in the future, though he did not share any specific plans. Also coming in Shadowlands is the ability to change your gender without paying for it.

The customization options also include things like tattoos, jewelry, beards, scars, and flowers for their hair. Additionally, some of the customization items that were previously dependent on other choices are now freed up. For example, a hair color would previously lock you into the same color for face tattoos, but now you can mix and match freely. For Worgen players, the game now lets you change your appearance independently through a streamlined menu and system.

Poetry comes nearer to vital truth than history.

Plato (BC 427-BC 347) Greek philosopher.