Original Poetry Forums

Freestyle TATA...

03-19-2009 at 01:01:16 AM

Freestyle TATA...

Yeah I just wanna say that poetry is freedom. Of free expression of emotions. Of free speech. I enjoy the priveledge of being able to speak my mind freely this site. As I'm sure all of you do. You may not agree with my ideas and I might not agree with yours. Between humans this type of thing is natural. Thats what the rating system is about. But how can one poet deem another poet's thoughts unworthy of appearing on this site?
If freestyleTATA is banned, this website is promoting censorship... zipper
Who is next? Perhaps your own thoughts will be the next that are considered 'too offensive' (whatever that means) and you will get the boot... Maybe I will be next!gulp I don't think censorship belongs in America or anywhere else for that matter, including the web...

Without free speech what would music be? Or how about the newspaper?

To those leading the effort to ban freestyleTATA from this site, for shame! Where is your collective conscience as writers? U wanna write what someone tells you you're allowed to write? Where I'm coming from freedom of press and speech is valuable and as a (free) writer I wouldn't have it any other way... Thanks for reading this and PLEASE, originalpoetry, DON'T BAN freestyleTATA! hmmm

03-19-2009 at 10:50:07 AM

Re: Freestyle TATA...

At this time no one is getting banned because of poem content.

We have implemented an alternative account feature so poets and users can be warned if they are about to enter someones profile or poem that may offend some people. As a member you can always access these profiles by changing a setting under "My Settings" in your myaccount area. Or change it on the fly when the page comes up so you can view the content that my offend some users. This way if a poet feels they might get offended they can choose not to view the content and "go back".

Please remember that we are always open to user suggestions and comments. We are working hard to make great changes to the site to make a better experience for everyone and to allow everyone to have their freedom of speech. grin

03-20-2009 at 12:12:10 PM
  • thepoet717
  • thepoet717

Re: Freestyle TATA...

HELLO

Before anyone goes carrying on about Tata you may want to read the new thread that was just posted concerning him. You're not going to like it

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.