Original Poetry Forums

Code change?

03-25-2009 at 11:16:34 AM

Code change?

Just wondering if there was a recent change in code or script or something. A wierd looking symbol or something (looks like a^!?! or something like that) has been appearing on all my poems. It seems to appear wherever there are quotation marks or periods. I posted a new poem and after posting it, the same wierd a^?!? thing appeard, so instead of copying from word (as I usually do) I just re-wrote the whole thing here on the submit screen. It posted fine after that.

So I'm wondering if I will have to re-write all my poems?

03-25-2009 at 11:19:24 AM

Re: Code change?

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Ran through her hair like nighttime air
and caught her midnight cries?
Or do you run towards the sun
and hide behind itâ??s mane?
In fear you linger, pointing finger
judging nighttimeâ??s pain?

Hatred haunts the wounded soul
and tears itâ??s love to pieces.

I copy and paste all my poems from Word, so I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Last edited by DeepEclipse 03-25-2009 at 11:21:18 AM

03-25-2009 at 11:41:23 AM

Re: Code change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEclipse

Just wondering if there was a recent change in code or script or something. A wierd looking symbol or something (looks like a^!?! or something like that) has been appearing on all my poems. It seems to appear wherever there are quotation marks or periods. I posted a new poem and after posting it, the same wierd a^?!? thing appeard, so instead of copying from word (as I usually do) I just re-wrote the whole thing here on the submit screen. It posted fine after that.

So I'm wondering if I will have to re-write all my poems?

It should be fixed now. Sorry about that I was fixing some formatting problems with the site. Please let me know if you have any other problems! grin

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.