Original Poetry Forums

Vincent

09-22-2009 at 04:56:17 PM

Vincent

The Matrix of Mourning Cries
What Happened to the Night
Talk About the Midnight Rambler:

How can love abide - Forever locked inside?
The cost of an unyielding heart, thus will always remain - For who holds the key to unlock these twisted chains ?

Stumbling thru the path of life - Inspiration slowly carved into quiet desperation. With every corner turned brings uncertainty - Before the rise, Set the night on fire.

Blind-Sided by the light - Here is the fall
Burdened with times of loneliness.
Let them stay - Let them stake their claim.
Styles along with the wind change.

Unchecked and Unnoticed, Resistance precedes the pain. Lacking the existence - Remaining the same. Unchecked and Unnoticed - Behind unbroken chains. How will love abide ? This unrelenting heart - Forever locked inside!

Master thyself deifying key - Sheltering an empty vacancy. Guarded by the flaming night - Vincent's stars shine bright. Reflecting inside their light. Life of hope keeps burning - Strained only by threads of doubt.

Whispers still elude me, yet they never venture far. Is it foolish reason to wish upon a star ?
Can love survive any vicious onslaught - Victimized by ones own insecurities - Will it be reciprocated ?

Pride cannot crawl - Blame lies within deception!
When morning awakes the reality sets in - Gracelessly tripping over endless mistakes. Misguided fool believing, Time can change - History's correction. Pleading cries comfort protection!

This part has been chosen - Therefore, wash away thy sins. Should they be exonerated - Face their adversary? Souls unwittingly lost to modern day demagogues. The truth well served - Was it well deserved?

Appropriate advice has always been to take things in stride. For who is by your side? Do you feel that moment - When they feel that moment too? Are you still mine - No answer needed!

In reality - It will never be! I didn't hardly know her, I believed I could love her. When she came walking over - What could I possibly show her? Could she see, could she see me ? Life was such a sweet thing - Thru knowing her, I wanted to know everything. What a beautiful feeling!

How could love abide - As I watched her walk on by? Passing impulse slight hesitation. Extended hands no invitation - Holding no obligation. Love cannot abide - A quick hello, Restraining goodby!

Evening star merges - Mourning star shines ---- Intentions revealed by Vincent's design. Still life moves along with light speed. Left alone -
Surviving will of my own. Speculation confronting answers.

Resolutions have been shown ----- This unrelenting heart made of stone. Few lines to challenge - Words deplete. Love surrenders - Total defeat. How can love abide ?
For loneliness has stepped inside !

JCKasper

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA