Original Poetry Forums

The Best Leggings for Women: Editor Favorites From Lululemon

11-16-2022 at 09:50:42 PM

All products featured on Condé Nast Traveler are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.To get more news about Full Length Legging, you can visit destgjshop.com official website.

Whether we're packing for a weekend cabin getaway, a weeklong safari, or a few weeks wandering around Europe, we need a good pair of leggings in our suitcase. After all, the best leggings are lightweight, hardly take up any room in a carry-on or weekender bag, and can be worn for multiple occasions: on the plane, to sleep, while working out, or under a dress on a cold day. They also go with nearly any top, and help us feel just a smidge more put-together than sweatpants.
We polled Traveler editors to find out which basic black leggings are part of their travel uniform. Below, 23 of the best leggings for women, whether you're looking for a set for cold weather, a squat-proof pair you can exercise in, or just a super-soft legging for lounging.
Far and away, Girlfriend leggings are the favorite among Traveler editors. Former editor Stephanie Wu calls them her “sturdiest, last-forever pair of leggings,” noting that she's had them for years and they never pill, and that they have the perfect amount of high-rise. Senior editor Megan Spurrell works out in hers, wearing them in yoga classes and on day hikes. She loves the brand's ethos, too. “Activewear has a long way to go in terms of inclusivity, especially when it comes to different ages and body types, but Girlfriend is a major exception in the space: Their sizing ranges from XXS to 6XL, and their models really reflect the many types of us just looking for a perfect pair of leggings.” (Another plus: Each pair is made from 25 recycled plastic bottles.) Global associate director of social Mercedes Bleth says they're “the perfect amount of stretchy and structured,” while former travel bookings editor Meredith Carey says “they're incredibly soft and mold to your body seamlessly so you're almost in a second skin.” Carey, who owns Girlfriend leggings in multiple colors, also appreciates the 28.5" inseam option, which hits her mid-ankle, something she says isn't always the case at 5'9". (You can also choose a 23.75" or 19.5" inseam.) While the compressive high-rise legging is the crowd favorite, Wu is eyeing the pair with a pocket next.

When I'm looking for something comfortable that still accentuates my shape, I always turn to my pair of Ultra-Soft Performance leggings by Quince. The quick-drying, anti-microbial fabric makes the leggings a perfect option for an outdoor run or Pilates class, while the incredible stretch and midsection comfort make it one of my favorites for curling up on the couch for movie nights. Plus, you can pat yourself on the back for a good deed as each legging is made from approximately seven recycled water bottles, and Quince's use of Global Recycle Standard-certified yarn dramatically lowers environmental impact by diverting landfill and ocean-bound plastic.
These leggings from Lands' End are my favorite pair, especially when the temperature drops. They're lined with fleece and are incredibly soft. These are my go-to option when traveling—they keep me warm on the plane and limit the number of layers I pack in my personal item to wear just in case the air conditioning is on full blast. The thick, fleece lining has proven functional for all-day wear and I haven’t endured any chafing, which was a significant concern of mine before purchasing.

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.