Original Poetry Forums

How a Stellar Final Two Games Could Lead

02-22-2023 at 11:05:38 PM

How a Stellar Final Two Games Could Lead

In Oklahomas long line of playmakers on the Terence Davis Jersey outside, Jalil Farooq could be slowly positioning himself to star in the team's future offensive schemes.Despite unusual drops in Saturday's win over Oklahoma State, the sophomore reeled in his third touchdown of the season on a 30-yard strike from Dillon Gabriel.Now that the Sooners are bowl eligible, the offense will get a much-needed extra game to generate momentum heading into next year. For a player like Farooq, who seems to be on the verge of a breakout, the last two games of the season could be a big opportunity to prove hes ready for the spotlight.The talented playmaker has been Oklahomas gadget player all season.When the new coaching staff took over last January, keeping Farooq was an obvious priority, especially after his close friend Caleb Williams Oshae Brissett Jersey transferred. Its clear why the wide receiver was at the top of OUs list, as hes filled many different roles on the field throughout the fall.I feel like my role has evolved by me just being a playmaker, Farooq said after Oklahomas late-October win over Iowa State. Just taking advantage of any opportunity I have me getting handoffs, me catching and running, anything that I can do to help the team, thats what Im trying to do and thats what the coaches are using me for, a role player, Patrick McCaw Jersey so thats what I need to be.On the year, Farooq has registered 29 catches for 387 yards and three touchdowns. In addition to his work as a receiver, hes also tallied 12 carries for 113 yards and serves as the teams primary kick returner. Its clearly a part of Oklahomas weekly game plan to get him the ball.With Marvin Mims status for next season up in the air, Oklahomas pa sing offense will rely heavily on Farooq's development in 2023. If Mims decides to move on, it could be Farooqs turn to step into a No. 1 wide receiver role. If his counterpart returns for his senior season, Farooqs ascension will only raise Oklahomas offensive ceiling.Scroll to ContinueI feel more mature, Farooq said after practice on Monday night. Im becoming more of a leader on the team, a vocal leader. I dont really talk too much, so I feel like Im becoming more of a vocal leader for the team. Gaining a more mature role. It feels crazy. Time went by fast.It just takes time. I Jalen Harris Jersey didnt even notice it was happening. It was just a role that I took in place, pretty much.Farooq has been able to step up and make multiple big-time plays this season in an inconsistent Oklahoma offense. Even though his stats dont jump off the page, the sophomores potential is clear. With or without Mims, his junior leap has a chance to be special, and big performances over the last two games could go a long way toward accomplishing that.It definitely is (easier to lead), Farooq said. Its easier to do things like that when youre making plays and stuff Malachi Flynn Jersey . Guys tend to follow a guy (who makes plays).

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA