Original Poetry Forums

Fan Nation SEC Football Week 7 Staff Pre

02-22-2023 at 11:25:45 PM

Fan Nation SEC Football Week 7 Staff Pre

The Mi souri Tigers are off this week, so theyll be watching SEC games on television in Week 7. Staff members from , , and provide their predictions for the rest of the SEC games this week.Auburn at No. 9 Ole Mi s, 11 a.m. central, ESPNCollier Logan, Staff Writer: Something about this game says upset to me. The Tigers knock off the Rebels in a tight one. Auburn 25, Ole Mi s, 24Matthew Postins, Staff Writer Denver Nuggets Hats : Were at the point where I think Ole Mi s should be looked at as a true contender to win the SEC West. Seriously. I realize the Rebels biggest games are ahead of them, but the offense has settled in quite nicely and the defense has talent and should continue to improve. Auburn offers the Rebels a chance to remain undefeated. I dont see the Tigers mounting that much of a challenge. Ole Mi s 34, Auburn 21Cole Thompson, Staff Writer: There isn't a more disrespected team in the Top 25 than the Rebels. Coach Lane Kiffin has Ole Mi s popping coming off a 52-28 win over Vandy in Nashville. Over the past 20 games, Ole Mi s is 17-3 and has a chance to keep its win streak alive for another week. Quarterback Robby Ashford looked serviceable last week for the Tigers, but that's about where you draw the line on Auburn. Will we finally see Auburn pull the plug on the soon-to-be Bryan Harsin experiment? Ole Mi s 38, Auburn 17Connor Zimmerlee, Staff Writer: Ole Mi s is riding high at 6-0 and entering the week ranked No. 9 overall. This game could be a blowout, but Ole Mi s struggled in the first half against Vanderbilt. Look for a similar outcome in this one, with Ole Mi s pulling away late to move to 7-0 on the season. Ole Mi s 42, Auburn 24Vanderbilt at No. 1 Georgia, 2:30 p.m. central, SEC NetworkCollier Logan, Staff Writer: Vandy hasnt won an SEC game since 2019. Thats not going to change here. Georgia 51, Vanderbilt 10Matthew Postins, Staff Writer: Vandy needs three more wins for bowl eligibility. This wont be one of them. Georgia 56, Vanderbilt 10Cole Thompson, Staff Writer: Vandy already surpa sed its win total from last year. Be happy and move on, Commodores. Georgia 48, Vanderbilt 14Connor Zimmerlee, Staff Writer: I would love to pick Vanderbilt in this one, pulling off the biggest upset of the college football season over Georgia. However, it just doesn't feel remotely po sible, and Georgia should Michael Porter Jersey win this one by a lot. Georgia 45, Vanderbilt 3No. 3 Alabama at No. 6 Tenne see, 2:30 p.m. central, CBSCollier Logan, Staff Writer: Alabama isnt quite as good as usual, and Tenne sees offense is red hot. The Vols stay undefeated as R.J. Hampton Jersey they take down the Crimson Tide at home. Tenne see 35, Alabama 24Matthew Postins, Staff Writer: The biggest test of coach Josh Heupels tenure at Tenne see. Want to be taken seriously nationally? Win this game. Thing is, Alabama always seems to find a way right? Alabama 27, Tenne see 26Cole Thompson, Staff Writer: The last time the Third Saturday in October was a Top 10 matchup, coach Butch Jones was still at the helm at Tenne see. The last time TTSO had this much hype came back before Alabamas Nick Saban was coaching in Tuscaloosa. Since the last time these two met on the football field, the Vols have gone 8-2. Tenne see quarterback Hendon Hooker has accounted for 28 touchdowns against one interception. Good ole Rocky Top, woo! still finds a way to lose late. Alabama 34, Tenne see 28Connor Zimmerlee, Staff Writer: Well, folks. Raise your hand if you predicted this would be a Top-10 matchup of two undefeated teams before the season started? If you didn't raise your hand, I don't blame you. This game largely rests on the health of Alabama quarterback Bryce Young. If he plays, he can exploit a shaky Tenne see secondary. However, Alabama wins this one regardle s, the final margin could just be closer without Young. Alabama 38, Tenne see 31Arkansas at BYU, 2:30 p.m. central, ESPNCollier Logan, Staff Writer: Its a long trip for the Razorbacks, but theyll come home with a win. Arkansas 28, BYU 14Matthew Postins, Staff Writer: This game comes down to whether Arkansas quarterback KJ Jefferson can play or not. BYU 31, Arkansas 28Cole Thompson, Staff Writer: Is this a must-win game for the Hogs? Maybe not, but it could be one for Barry Odom as Arkansas' Noah Vonleh Jersey defensive coordinator. Last week, the Razorbacks allowed 395 yards through the air and three touchdowns. Good thing Jefferson is expected to play in Provo. The Hogs end the losing streak in Utah. Arkansas 35, BYU 31Connor Zimmerlee, Staff Writer: Arkansas started off the season red hot but has stumbled in recent weeks, and now has a chance to bounce back against BYU. Doing so on the road, though, will be easier said than done. However, Arkansas will get it done, going into Provo and leaving with the win to get back on track. Arkansas 27, BYU 21LSU at Florida, 6 p.m. central, ESPNCollier Logan, Staff Writer: Florida escaped a close one with Mizzou last week and theyll try to defend home field again. This ones anybodys game, but LSU has the edge in my opinion. LSU 24, Florida 21Matthew Postins, Staff Writer: I should take Florida here, right? Yeah, Im not gonna. LSU 27, Florida 26Cole Thompson, Staff Writer: Florida's pa s defense ranks 11th among SEC teams in coverage, allowing 226.6 yards per game. Last week, LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels threw for 300 yards against Tenne see. Can he do it again against the Gators? Yes, but Florida improves to 5-2 thanks to the rushing attack of quarterback Anthony Richardson. Florida 28, LSU 21Connor Zimmerlee, Staff Writer: This is a battle of two teams squarely in the middle of the pack in the SEC, both with 4-2 overall records. It truly could go either way, but if Richardson plays at the level he is capable of, then Florida will leave with a win. I, for one, expect him to and for Florida to win this weekend. Florida 35, LSU 28No. 16 Mi si sippi State at No. 22 Kentucky, NBA Denver Nuggets Jeresy 6:30 p.m. central, SEC NetworkCollier Logan, Staff Writer: The Bulldogs and head coach Mike Leach will continue overcoming the conferences best with another win here. Mi si sippi State 30, Kentucky 17Matthew Postins, Staff Writer: If

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.