Original Poetry Forums

THE AUTHOR'S POV Chapter 11: Book

03-07-2023 at 12:29:45 AM

As the author of the novel, I knew Donna's personality the best. Her likes and dislikes, I knew them all.To get more news about The Author's POV, you can visit innread.com official website.

For example, although she tries to hide it, she loves sweets. Especially ice cream, with hazelnut being her favorite flavor.

She also hates a lot of things, such as annoying men, typically the ones that look at her with lustful eyes, and lazy or stubborn people.

I had already noticed Donna by the time she was talking to Kevin, but in order not to gather any attention on myself, I feigned ignorance and pretended to be surprised by her sudden appearance.

"She probably thinks I'm a stubborn student who doesn't listen to advice"

I pretended to be flustered and made her impression of me as low as possible. The excuse I used about my sword being stuck in the scabbard was a lie, but it was the best way to make her think I was incompetent.

Although she's not the type of person that would snitch, if someone were to find out that I was practicing the 5-star module [Keiki style], I would definitely attract a lot of unnecessary attention.
Moreover, if people were to find out I was practicing a 5-star module my safety would be in jeopardy as a 5-star module was something that was highly coveted.

Thinking thus far I decided that since I was reborn as a mob I may as well use the only privilege given to a mob and live a nice and peaceful life. I'll become strong enough to defend my family from the third cataclysm, and patiently wait for the protagonist to solve everything. Then I will find myself a stable job and get myself a wife.
It seems that I will have to become as strong as the MC, or at least close to his level. Of course if possible I will try not to interact with him and the main characters, at least not until the story is near the end. But if in case the MC does not defeat the last boss, only then will I step in and help him.

I can't be too greedy and steal too much from the protagonist, as that would directly change the flow of the story. Moreover, I already feel guilty about taking the [Seed of limit], I can't be taking more than I should be taking.

There were a lot of steroid-like potions available on the market. If I managed to earn enough money for myself through stocks, I could supplement my training by consuming those potions. For example, if I were to consume a [Stamina recovery potion] coupled with a [Muscle recovery potion] I could train double the normal amount without the risk of being injured. That would definitely help me catch up with the rest.

[Strength enhancement potion], [Mana enhancement potion], [Agility enhancement potion], [Stamina recovery potion], [Muscle recovery potion] all sorts of incredible potions were available in the market.
Not even a second-generation young master could afford to do this kind of training, as the price of each potion was simply too expensive. A low-quality [Strength enhancement potion] went for 20,000U on the market which goes to show how expensive this type of training was. But if I were to utilize my knowledge correctly, making a couple of millions shouldn't pose a problem. Heck if it weren't for the fact that I didn't want to risk a market crash, I could've easily made billions.

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.