Original Poetry Forums

UPA Challenge AT LAST!!!

04-10-2009 at 12:12:58 PM

UPA Challenge AT LAST!!!

Hello all:

First of all I want to thank you for all your responses to my posts. I really am glad to see people come together and try to make something. Well lets get down to business First of all The United Poet’s Association. Also known as UPA the mission of this group is to help push poets and writers to do their best, in challenges and communication of getting their work copyrighted and maybe marketed being it in books or other ground floor opportunities. I am a poet as well and I will not be the sole voice of this group for the founding members will have responsibilities beyond the challenges and will have commitment that they would need to fulfill. In an Agreement that will be sending to the 5 winners of this contest it will state some of the responsibly they may have, and rules that all of the members need to follow to insure a peaceful and growing atmosphere. This challenge is open to those people with these requirements. First of all you need
to have at least 10 poems you need to have 5 different genres meaning; Horror, Inspirational, Political, Love
Erotica, or any of the such. Poets that do not have these qualifications will not be read or even thought of. The reason for this is that I want people that have a strong grasp of their talent and is able to teach others how to be their best.

This is how they will be judged, I want you to write with into the challenge perimeter. The site will be the your work. I will take all of them in to consideration, but would look out for spelling errors and message most of all, and I will also look at flow. I will not look at any rates of the poems. If you wish to rate then please do so within the comment section. I will tally them and set the average of the poems. Looking for ratings at 8 or above. This rate needs to be written in the comment section that is the only way this will be judged. Because of the rating system as of late has gone to the toilet I figure the only way I can get reliable ratings is that you put them in the comments. So Please do that.

Last but not least, The Contest. I want you to write a poem about a notorious figure of the earth’s past. A villainous person. Without stating his her or name at all . You will describe that person by the events that surround that person. I want the descriptions and examples to be so unique to that person that they know who it is. Yes the contest is called Guess Who. At the end of the poem you will state Guess Who Challenge.
Then you will get back on the forum and state the title of your poem and I will read that poem. Me and my woman will write the same challenge and will have it up within a few days. Good Luck to you and thanks again for participating. Plot121 AKA Jaded1 AKA Robert… excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim

PS contest starts April 10th Ending in 24th of April

Last edited by Plot121 04-10-2009 at 12:24:01 PM

04-10-2009 at 04:45:25 PM

My Poem

Savior Or Madman UPA Challenge guess who

04-11-2009 at 01:31:27 PM

Re: UPA Challenge AT LAST!!!

Perceived Deficiencies...A UPA challenge Guess Who ~Sara

04-12-2009 at 09:15:11 AM

UPA Challenge Poem, Leader or Madman? Please read rate and comment, leave your rating in the comments section. Thank you and good luck!

04-12-2009 at 07:48:46 PM

MY POEM FOR THE CHALLENGE

I did what was asked of me for the challenge .. The Poems called Close To Death. Can you guess who my villian is? Please read and comment and rate and guess. Lol. Thank you.

grin

Last edited by Bethane1978 04-12-2009 at 11:23:01 PM

04-12-2009 at 09:56:17 PM

from the ground up...UPA poetry challenge (take two)

Sorry, I was so displeased with my novelty effort on the last poem that I needed to try a reprieve. Please read if you like, but if you prefer I cease and desist, I will understand

Again, I am sorry...

Dano

04-15-2009 at 08:48:35 AM

k can all of these things you have ask for can it all be in one poem. cause i can do that as well i can't do seperate ones it not me vampire vampire vampire vampire vampire vampire vampire vampire cool smirk cool smirk cool smirk cool smirk cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool grin cool mad cool mad cool mad cool mad cool mad kiss kiss kiss

04-17-2009 at 02:22:37 PM

Ok... it's up there!

Title: Socialite-UPA CHALLENGE

Thanks and Good luck to all!
Bri cool smirk

04-21-2009 at 09:42:19 AM

ONLY Three More day until this poetry contest closes Please re the requirements and read the challenge. Place your the title on the thread and good luk out there. excaim excaim excaim excaim cool smirk

04-21-2009 at 06:04:13 PM

WE WERE HELL IN OUR TIME UPA CHALLENGE guess who ~ James zipper kiss

Good luck everyone excaim

04-24-2009 at 08:27:17 AM

Contest Ending

At 12am EST April 25th will be the last time you can put your entry in to the contest. Thank you for reading the forum and thank you for all that saw their way to do this contest. I will be reading over all the entries tonight so anyone that wanted to comment and rate these poems please feel free too. Please take time out and read over all the entries I am sure there will be surprises and alot of inspiration and care in the work. I expect nothing but the best from these poets so please read any one or all of the entries. On a side note please put your rate in the comment section because of the problems with he feathers as of late. Thanks again and will talk to you on Saturday. Plot121 AKA Jaded1 AKA Robert... cool hmm cool hmm cool hmm cool hmm cool hmm cool hmm question question

04-24-2009 at 11:32:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot121

Hello all:

First of all I want to thank you for all your responses to my posts. I really am glad to see people come together and try to make something. Well lets get down to business First of all The United Poet’s Association. Also known as UPA the mission of this group is to help push poets and writers to do their best, in challenges and communication of getting their work copyrighted and maybe marketed being it in books or other ground floor opportunities. I am a poet as well and I will not be the sole voice of this group for the founding members will have responsibilities beyond the challenges and will have commitment that they would need to fulfill. In an Agreement that will be sending to the 5 winners of this contest it will state some of the responsibly they may have, and rules that all of the members need to follow to insure a peaceful and growing atmosphere. This challenge is open to those people with these requirements. First of all you need
to have at least 10 poems you need to have 5 different genres meaning; Horror, Inspirational, Political, Love
Erotica, or any of the such. Poets that do not have these qualifications will not be read or even thought of. The reason for this is that I want people that have a strong grasp of their talent and is able to teach others how to be their best.

This is how they will be judged, I want you to write with into the challenge perimeter. The site will be the your work. I will take all of them in to consideration, but would look out for spelling errors and message most of all, and I will also look at flow. I will not look at any rates of the poems. If you wish to rate then please do so within the comment section. I will tally them and set the average of the poems. Looking for ratings at 8 or above. This rate needs to be written in the comment section that is the only way this will be judged. Because of the rating system as of late has gone to the toilet I figure the only way I can get reliable ratings is that you put them in the comments. So Please do that.

Last but not least, The Contest. I want you to write a poem about a notorious figure of the earth’s past. A villainous person. Without stating his her or name at all . You will describe that person by the events that surround that person. I want the descriptions and examples to be so unique to that person that they know who it is. Yes the contest is called Guess Who. At the end of the poem you will state Guess Who Challenge.
Then you will get back on the forum and state the title of your poem and I will read that poem. Me and my woman will write the same challenge and will have it up within a few days. Good Luck to you and thanks again for participating. Plot121 AKA Jaded1 AKA Robert… excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim excaim

PS contest starts April 10th Ending in 24th of April

04-24-2009 at 05:23:48 PM

Guess who UPA challenge poem--- Blondie. wink

Last edited by MLong 04-24-2009 at 09:05:34 PM

In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) Czech writer.