Original Poetry Forums

Original Poetry Anthology now available!

12-15-2009 at 09:38:34 AM

Original Poetry Anthology now available!

We are pleased to announce the release of "Original Poetry Anthology" Volume 1. This is the compilation of the contest winners, and a few editor's picks mixed in. The book features over 70 poems, and can be delivered in time for Christmas! Buy your copy now at Amazon.com!

You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Poetry-Anthology-collection-contest/dp/1449563317/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260823579&sr=1-1.

-Papa Paczki snake

Last edited by papapaczki 12-15-2009 at 09:38:49 AM

12-15-2009 at 09:39:19 AM

Re: Original Poetry Anthology now available!

WOOT! WOOT!

12-15-2009 at 05:26:47 PM

Looks impressive, papa................will it be hard cover, or paperback ? I'm sure my Mom will want to buy one........I'm her favorite poet, of course....

big surprise ohh gulp grrr kiss kiss from Mom to.....................gogant wink

12-15-2009 at 07:39:13 PM

Re: Re: Original Poetry Anthology now available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Looks impressive, papa................will it be hard cover, or paperback ? I'm sure my Mom will want to buy one........I'm her favorite poet, of course....

big surprise ohh gulp grrr kiss kiss from Mom to.....................gogant wink

Its a paperback. There is no hard cover option at this time. I'm sure your mom will enjoy it!

-Papa Paczki

12-16-2009 at 06:34:25 AM

Very beautiful cover..so enticing...^_^ v

12-16-2009 at 06:49:03 PM

thanks, Papa. Dream come true!

12-16-2009 at 08:20:42 PM

do the winners recieve a copy of this book, papa??

12-17-2009 at 09:40:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix9

Yessir. We'll have them ready to send out to you all soon.

-Papa Paczki snake

12-17-2009 at 03:17:13 PM

that's awesome...that makes this site even better!

12-17-2009 at 08:12:44 PM

I ordered three from Amazon and they came today! Thank you, OP! Great job!

12-17-2009 at 09:14:16 PM

Since we're on the subject of OP...papa, was there a two-time winner of poet-of-the-week for the first anthology, and is it possible for anyone who was chosen for the first book to be a winner for the second collection of winning poems ?

Why did I ask that...I muttered to myself. Because I am curious...I babbled, with a funny look on my smiling face...

confused

12-18-2009 at 01:36:54 AM
  • anadia
  • anadia

gorant asked: and is it possible for anyone who was chosen for the first book to be a winner for the second collection of winning poems ?

Yes, "dahlusion" has accomplished this with: "Then The Tumblers Rust" and "If I Ask The Dead For Memories"

Now your curiosity is no longer valid, and enjoy the poems. smirk

Last edited by anadia 12-18-2009 at 01:43:16 AM

12-18-2009 at 02:09:06 AM

Do you think Op, you can do an Audio Set, Reciting for the blind?? cd audio book!!

John E WS

12-18-2009 at 09:34:21 AM

Quote:

Since we're on the subject of OP...papa, was there a two-time winner of poet-of-the-week for the first anthology, and is it possible for anyone who was chosen for the first book to be a winner for the second collection of winning poems ?

Why did I ask that...I muttered to myself. Because I am curious...I babbled, with a funny look on my smiling face...

confused

There was a two time winner actually, however the rules have it as you can only win once per contest now. If you won in the first book contest, you can win in the second one. You just can't win twice.

-Papa Paczki

12-18-2009 at 09:36:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Do you think Op, you can do an Audio Set, Reciting for the blind?? cd audio book!!

John E WS

I think that's up to the publisher. I'm not really sure how it all works though.

-Papa Paczki

12-18-2009 at 01:35:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Original Poetry Anthology now available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

-Papa Paczki snake

OK when do we give you are addresses, and all.
Also we want an autugraph from you Pac..

John W WordSlinger

Last edited by WordSlinger 12-18-2009 at 02:11:37 PM

12-18-2009 at 01:58:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadia

gorant asked: and is it possible for anyone who was chosen for the first book to be a winner for the second collection of winning poems ?

Yes, "dahlusion" has accomplished this with: "Then The Tumblers Rust" and "If I Ask The Dead For Memories"

Well, anadia, if Sir Alexander Fleming hadn’t asked, “What is this green fungus that has destroyed my cultures of staphylococci?”….. he might never had discovered penicillin.

And as for Audio Set, Reciting for the blind?? cd audio book!!....it wouldn't hurt to add an automatic misspelling corrector.......What do you think, papa ?

LOL.....................................................gogant

12-18-2009 at 02:09:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Original Poetry Anthology now available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

-Papa Paczki snake

OK when do we give you are addresses, and all.
Also we want an autugrapgh from you Pac..

John W WordSlinger

You should be getting an e-mail about it either early next week, or the week after Christmas. I'll check into that further.

I'll send you an autograph if I can get one from you too cheese

-Papa Paczki snake

12-18-2009 at 02:11:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Original Poetry Anthology now available!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anadia

Well, anadia, if Sir Alexander Fleming hadn’t asked, “What is this green fungus that has destroyed my cultures of staphylococci?”….. he might never had discovered penicillin.

And as for Audio Set, Reciting for the blind?? cd audio book!!....it wouldn't hurt to add an automatic misspelling corrector.......What do you think, papa ?

I like the idea for the audio book, WordSlinger had asked about it too. I'll check with the powers and see about it.

As for auto misspelling corrector...I was just thinking to myself..."I wonder how hard it would be to put a spelling auto corrector on here..."... great minds...

-Papa Paczki snake

12-18-2009 at 09:20:28 PM

As for me I'm buying one , ok, for the local public library here in downtown Seattle,
so I would like to ask all of you to do the same. The winners should....

Find your exquisite joy, WS

P.S. a pic of my library:

12-19-2009 at 01:52:55 PM

John E "Appleseed", right on and may your
Xmas joy lead you into a passionate New Year

filled with absolute beauty.

Peace and Light,
Dah cool cheese

12-19-2009 at 04:23:40 PM

John,

That is SUCH a great idea!! Buy an extra book, donate it to the library-explaining you are one of the writers..that way it will continue to circulate through book lovers, and libraries for years to come!! Love that...you are so on top of everything, all the time!!-*smile,wink*

I just ordered three of them for christmas, but I'll throw one at my lil' country library! tongue wink

Peace~
Maddi

12-19-2009 at 07:32:32 PM

Quote:

We are pleased to announce the release of "Original Poetry Anthology" Volume 1. This is the compilation of the contest winners, and a few editor's picks mixed in. The book features over 70 poems, and can be delivered in time for Christmas! Buy your copy now at Amazon.com!

You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Poetry-Anthology-collection-contest/dp/1449563317/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260823579&sr=1-1.

-Papa Paczki snake

HURRAH! Congratulations, Papa! THANKS !

Hurrah! Volume One of Original Poetry is here . I am iin a hurry to get my hands on it!
MERRY CHRISTMAS , EVERYBODY!

Last edited by cousinsoren 12-19-2009 at 08:04:55 PM

12-19-2009 at 08:07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlusion

John E "Appleseed", right on and may your
Xmas joy lead you into a passionate New Year

filled with absolute beauty.

Peace and Light,
Dah cool cheese

Hi, Dahlusion,

MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS! We shall commune in 2010.

12-19-2009 at 11:34:58 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS COUSIN (BIG BROTHER)!!-AND EVRYBODY ELSE, TOO~

LUVYA LUVYA YA'LL!!

WITH FROSTY ESKIMO KISSES,
MADDI
smile

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.