Original Poetry Forums

Fraudulent E-Mails Requesting Security Updates

12-21-2009 at 01:01:30 PM

Fraudulent E-Mails Requesting Security Updates

Hi Everyone,

We've recently discovered that people are getting e-mails from someone posing as us asking you to "click here" and update your security settings. These e-mails say they are from "security@originalpoetry.com", however, they are not us. They are something called "phishing" attempts to get your account information, other information about you. If you get them, please delete it. Also, I need someone to forward a copy to support@originalpoetry.com so I can further look into it.

Thanks!

-Papa Paczki snake

12-21-2009 at 01:24:17 PM

Re: Fraudulent E-Mails Requesting Security Updates

yahoo accounts are also receiving this same request asking for updates including "pass word"
saying if you do not update your account will be deleted.

beware: yahoo account services would never ask you for your password

the email comes in as : yahooaccountservices©.com

Peace and Light,
Dah

Last edited by dahlusion 12-21-2009 at 01:32:55 PM

12-21-2009 at 02:21:30 PM

Re: Fraudulent E-Mails Requesting Security Updates

If anyone still has a copy of the e-mail, and can give me the full header information, that would be most helpful in tracking this down. We managed to get a copy of the text. It is below. Also, please do NOT open the file attached to it. It is a virus.

Here is what the e-mail looks like:

Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 2:34:14 PM
Subject: ATTN: This email is important

We regret to inform you of this matter, however it has come to our attention that
you account has been compromised from an unidentafied Ip address.
Some of your personal information may have been copied before we were able to secure
the hole which the hacker entered from, and we have attached a full report with what
information the hacker had access too, Please review it and forward all questions
about the report to papapachekzi@originalpoetry.com

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.