Original Poetry Forums

Poetry Survivor Contest

01-03-2010 at 09:46:07 AM

Poetry Survivor Contest

So here I sit, at the front page of my OP website, just logged in. How nice would it be for just one button that says, "Survivor Contest", so I don't have to dig around to find it?

"Convenience", is the new word to replace: Location, location, location!

Convenience, convenience, convenience!

Thanks. I said my piece.

EinStud
.cool smirk

01-03-2010 at 09:58:07 AM

RE: Poetry Survivor Contest

I was actually thinking the same thing. I love the banner that says that a poet needs an audience, but without advertising there does seem to be a bit of a gap between the two...

Peace.

JL

01-03-2010 at 01:20:17 PM

I found the link. I think this is not a website sponsored event. Maybe they are trying to do a dry run to work out the kinks?

I just finished evaluating all 12 poems, and I liked most of them.

I'll put the link in the next thread. I think it is "Poetry Survivor 1". Search something like that.

Peace Out, EinStud

01-03-2010 at 01:24:01 PM

Here is the Link:

http://www.originalpoetry.com/poet/PoetrySurvivor1

I'm not sure how he is scoring the contest, so write down your order of favorites so he can know. I would assume he would just go by the rating system already in place.

Peace Out, EinStud

01-03-2010 at 01:40:17 PM

Ein u r 2 smart, thank you!!!

01-03-2010 at 08:05:08 PM

Here is an easy link to the Poetry Survivor contest. Remember, We are going by votes only. Rates do not matter. You can vote for more than one poet if you wish. Comments are how you vote. ( this means a bad comment is still a vote for that poet) If you don't like a poem... don't comment on it. Each week, the three poems with the lowest total votes goes home. If you comment on a poem more than once, it counts as a single vote.
Comments and suggestions are welcome. We are trying to build this into something enjoyable and worthwhile. Stop by to visit and let us know what you think.
Click on the link below the icon to find the Poetry Survivor contest.
Once there, send a friend request and you'll have a direct link from your profile.

Hope this helps,

Tom cool smile

01-04-2010 at 07:31:57 PM

This last explanation of the voting procedure actually is the best. If I can understand it, then everyone can understand it (believe me).

Peace Out, EinStud

01-05-2010 at 12:35:32 AM

RE: RE: Poetry Survivor Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by "EinStud"

This last explanation of the voting procedure actually is the best. If I can understand it, then everyone can understand it (believe me).

Peace Out, EinStud

Hey einie, are you stuly111 incarnated ? Just curious.......................gogant

LOL

01-05-2010 at 06:23:28 AM

Interesting, Studdly?

01-05-2010 at 08:24:45 AM

I think you are right Gogant, excellent mindsight.

01-05-2010 at 02:44:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Grito"

I think you are right Gogant, excellent mindsight.

I'm glad you're hindend, or is that hindsight, is as good as mine, Grits...I just have a feeling that onestud sounds the way old stud the 3rd sounded......interesting.

cool smile..................................................gogantisism.....................tongue rolleye

01-05-2010 at 05:48:38 PM

Without a doubt Gogant. His hero is Field Marshall Romel. Ein means one in German. Thus, Einstud means one Studdly. He is very ingenoius. HI STUDDLY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! !!!!

01-05-2010 at 06:08:42 PM

Quote:

Without a doubt Gogant. His hero is Field Marshall Romel. Ein means one in German. Thus, Einstud means one Studlly. He is very ingenious. HI STUDDLY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! !!!!

I hope he is one and the same...he had a lot of philosophical knowledge that he shared with many of us................................gogant

01-05-2010 at 10:55:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Aria"

you people are delusional...Studly111 has moved on to better sites with real poets, not us amateurs. Einstud has not the insight or the poetry of Studly. If you are wondering about him, go to moontowncafe.com. He is alive and well and writing better than any of us ever dreamed of.

Well, all, or least some of, the elitists do go slumming from time to time to see how us unskilled artists are muddling around...

01-05-2010 at 11:41:53 PM

dahlusional? Has someone called me? I heard my name and came running
— what's up?

Last edited by dahlusion 01-05-2010 at 11:44:51 PM

01-06-2010 at 12:21:56 AM

only you.

01-06-2010 at 03:37:58 AM

Gosh Go, she must be right, it would be impossible to be on two web sites at the same rtime, how stupid of me!!!

01-06-2010 at 10:15:43 AM

Not that, Grito, but I do not think Einstud is Studly. If you read his poetry it is nothing at all like Studly's. Different style completely. I don't know the guy, but I assume Einstud is a name play on Einstein.

01-06-2010 at 10:54:40 AM

Ahh, Aria,
then you must now know that he has always been on this site under a number of different names over time and it is his style of communikation that is D.N.A.ed to him, Studdly.

01-06-2010 at 12:34:16 PM

Quote:

Gosh Go, she must be right, it would be impossible to be on two web sites at the same time, how stupid of me!!!

Grits, you are one of the most intelligent people I am pleased to know...so, please don't say you are stupid. I'm sticking with my conviction that they are one and the same...who knows...he might even be Aria for all we know. And, why isn't the stud here to show us that we are wrong or right ?

oh oh

01-06-2010 at 12:40:36 PM

I appreciate your concern for my welfare. It is great that other poets notice I have a unique style unlike others. However, I claim to be more of a writer than a poet.

I do love all of the attention. But the focus needs to be directed towards the competition on the island.

In the next round, I will allow for longer poems since the competition will have less contestants.

If you want to talk about me, and not the contestants, you will just bore other judges.

So let's push in our chairs, close up to the desk, and sit straight. This is not a pub.

Peace Out, The Beloved EinStud
.cheese

01-06-2010 at 01:59:26 PM

Studlly, we are sitting side by side with Red Pencils.

01-06-2010 at 04:53:15 PM

"This is not a pub"...I like that, stud...okay, just one more, and then we will close this chapter on "Will The Real Stud, Please stand Up"
Einstud...are you from England ? Now, off to the poetrysurvival contest.................g

zipper

01-06-2010 at 07:11:58 PM

I'm Gary Ruff from Dallas Texas, not England. I do use the pen name EinStud. I use the pen name The Compusician, also, however, that is more for music than art or poetry.

I do not know "Studly", but he seems like a character by what you have described.

I wish you well in your poetic endeavors, my good friend.

Peace Out, EinStud
.cool smile

01-06-2010 at 07:45:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "EinStud"

I'm Gary Ruff from Dallas Texas, not England. I do use the pen name EinStud. I use the pen name The Compusician, also, however, that is more for music than art or poetry.

I do not know "Studly", but he seems like a character by what you have described.

I wish you well in your poetic endeavors, my good friend.

Peace Out, EinStud
.cool smile

Thank you sincerely, Gary...I'm glad you cleared that up...and, yes, studly111 was, and still is, I guess, an awesome specimin of humanity..........................g

Poetry comes nearer to vital truth than history.

Plato (BC 427-BC 347) Greek philosopher.