Original Poetry Forums

NOW I KNOW, BUT LESS I UNDERSTAND

08-05-2010 at 09:27:57 AM

NOW i KNOW, BUT LESS i UNDERSTAND I am not publishing this letter of Kabbalistic, because of the blood and heat in it, but because of its literary excellence, wit and wisdom. I am also publishing it to recognize and highlight that we are losing a valuable member of OP. Some of us will surely miss his wit and wisdom , especially in The School Of Poetry.

Update Picture
mistake about it, everything is divine" (or words to that effect.) With my seminary training and kabbalistic teachings, this definitely got on my "fightin' side"! Strike One! It was pure arrogance and ignorance blended together, basically testifying as to how he "saw the light" in embracing an idolatrous belief system that was at least 8000 years old (animism). This was not a poem, so I "let him have it"! All I said was, stick to poetry, and stay away from religious indoctrination. This is not good for you. Dad did not take it well. There began all of the trouble, leading to his vindictiveness in posting on my thread, and eventually ending our friendship, which had been pretty tenuous already. So he tells me to stay off of his page. Sterrrrrike two! This I do, not because he "ordered" me to, but because I was sick to death of erotic poetry, and that animistic, pantheistic BS with which he was hitting us over the head. I then had to restrain myself as I watched him publicly invite all of OP to read his work, and yet I had been "banished". What am I, a leper? You're going to post publicly, and then proceed to tell ME that I can't read your work? So, curiosity got the best of me, so I went to his page. Again, I saw a disproportionate number of erotic poems, mixed in with veiled (and sometimes obvious) attacks on Judeo Christian values and beliefs, interspersed with onerous and wordy imagery in praise of "universal divine energy", and other psuedo spiritual birdshit. I have come to the conclusion that repeated erotic poems are, for the most part, a cop-out. Any poet who uses the "crutch" of eroticsm and "goes to the well" too often, is definitely lacking in substance and new material, and is far more interested in producing a desired result. I mean, HOW MUCH PUSSY CAN ONE GET??? i PROCEEDED TO READ THE RELIGIOUS BABBLE. I saw arrogance, I saw redundancy, I saw disingenous, phony "poetry" with pretty words and superb craftsmanship, but it was kind of like a dickless rooster; he can crow all he wants, but if he can't "bring the goods to the marketplace", then he's as good as a bull's ass with windshield wipers! I proceeded to read the critiques from his loyal "fans", and then read as he posted his "fanmail" on the forum! I began to believe that there was yet to be invented, a measuring instrument and unit of measure, that could even begin to accurately size up that ego! Sterrrike Three! Please be advised, that I am now in my "choleric" period; I am angry about everything, as I am now estranged from my own daughter, so I am brawling, mauling and scrapping with EVERYONE, at ANYTIME and ANYPLACE! I'm an old union guy. What are union guys good at? Well, (after misappropriation and embezzlement of dues payers money,) union guys are good at protesting! So, this is what I did, and I knew that I would catch hell, and so that's why I left. I had to challenge Dah; I knew that his "fanclub" would never challenge him, but since I was not his friend, I decided that I was one of the few on the site with the ability and track record to challenge him, in spartan like fashion. He has responded better than I could have hoped; at least up until now. So, he just stepped on my three feet! I have included the posting, and also some "erotic" satire, which is tantamount to a pie in the face. I know that it's wrong of me to judge him by my standards, ie. by what I would do. Dah has his own style, and that's more than ok; however, I just wanted him ask the right questions, which he has apparently done. I am a happy man!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Dear Kabbalistic.

I was not aware there is a feud between Dah and you. I hope that it is an
Important literary disagreement, and not a personal clash. Ignoring the vitriol of this piece of “ordnance and fussilade” aimed at Dah ( we call it a backsiding, in Jamaica) I admire the literary and subtle excellence of this letter you wrote to Dah.
I am not a fighter, in the true sense, being a disciple of ease and tranquility, (Of course, ease and tranquility have their faults,, false values, hypocrisy, traps and pitfalls) but I love to see champions fight for a good cause.

OP needs some fighters, like you, to revitalize it and put it back on track for us to share our poetry with each other, to be honest and tolerant in our critique of each other. Dah is not the only one who deserves honest criticism and even a quarrel. There are many others , including me and you. ……………….LOL. A lot of us need to realize , in the words of Yates which you have quoted in your letter, , that “poetry is blood and intellect.” A lot of poetry appearing in OP is not only pretentious , but is mere “costume jewellery to satiate the ego”. You are so right!

I regret that you are leaving OP. But my years of dealing with staff at the workplace, and with relatives and friends have taught me , never to induce anyone to “”undecide a decision”. OP will be losing a valuable member, by your departure. Quite a few members will be missing you, especially at The School Of Poetry, and of course, some of us who have been enjoying your subtle wit and literary wisdom.

You are kabbalistic and wise. May I give you a foolish advice? Make the first step towards reconciliation with your daughter. Don’t wait on her to make the first step. You are her father It is within your right to make the first step. A Chinese philosopher,( Confucius probably) said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step”. May Your journey back to your daughter won’t be as long as it takes to travel a thousand miles.!
Chao, Your friend, Oren.

Last edited by cousinsoren 08-05-2010 at 09:39:51 AM

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.