Original Poetry Forums

Enwritened started a New Thread....

05-06-2009 at 11:09:19 PM

Enwritened started a New Thread....

Early today a new comer to this site, enwritened posted a legitimate question since he is new to this site. I posted a comment then there were others who followed with their unique participation in this discussion they were: kdarcy, dallusion, fof, stephenmichael, then me. Now, to my dismay I no longer find that particular thread????? What happened. I thought we were having a very mature thought provoking discussion. No one was slamming or bashing at any one. Our voices were being spoken, as our constitutional right to do so.

It is unfortunate for the newcomer, enwritened I hope he had a chance to view the thread that he started. What is the sense of posting a concern, if his concern is then swiped away completely from sight?

It is interesting how quickly that discussion was quickly taken for others to view, and yet I have read some really unfortunate bad mouthing with intense hurtful energy on other threads.....that continued to be viewed and still is found .

Again, I am not totally confused, but contribute this act as a way to control unwanted healthy and helpful conversations between members. Site builders, administrators/moderators I believe all persons participating in that discussion that enwritened posted a concern to are owed an explanation to your choice of action.

Mahalo (It is a pleasure to share breath) my concerns

kaleo

05-07-2009 at 10:07:21 AM
  • FoF
  • FoF

Re: Enwritened started a New Thread....

kaleo55-
I have learned to take a step back and a deep breath to assess before reacting. I feel sure an answer will be forthcoming, whether some like the answer or not, regarding the thread started by enwritened. I agree, some posts have remained too long. But, generally, site users have a pretty loose rein on topics and direction of discussion. I will wait and see.

Sara -

The (Weekly Winner) scores are not a mystery. It depends on how many friends you have scoring your work during a particular time frame. Scores may go down after a competition is won along with added comments.

I agree - many so called winners work would not stand on their own merits in the professional writers world. And beware - no matter where you might choose to post, there will always be someone with ulterior motives. Some proof of copyright will be your only protection. This is a truth we all must face when we choose to post on open/public forums.
If you feel things are not on the up and up, I would hazard a guess that it is not provoked by the PTB. Remember, unless you KNOW anyone here very well - troublemakers travel too.

I have enjoyed your work and wish you - both - well.

05-08-2009 at 05:42:23 AM

Re: Enwritened started a New Thread....

Thank you kdarcy for pointing out to me that the thread I looked for is under -- Read My Poetry--. Yes I looked there prior to starting this thread, I suppose I missed it, though I looked thrice....mmm I hope I am not becoming like the three bl... Yes, I do see it at another forum thank you kdarcy.

Poetry is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.