Original Poetry Forums

CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs left struggling

04-01-2019 at 12:00:16 AM

CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs left struggling

reliever Carl Edwards Jr. off their roster for Tuesday night’s NL wild-card game against the Colorado Rockies.Edwards had a 5.14 ERA in 11 September appearances. He walked 12 in seven innings.Manager Joe Maddon said Edwards also is dealing with a forearm strain.“We wanted to be very careful right now Bill Lee Jersey , and we thought if we did not push him right now, he would be available for the next series,” Maddon said.The Rockies had three catchers on their roster for the single-elimination game: Chris Iannetta, Drew Butera and Tony Wolters. They opted for 10 pitchers, including former Cubs closer Wade Davis, and 15 position players.“Some other clubs might have a few more tough decisions based on the, maybe some of the experience and tenure of their roster, but in our case, it was pretty straightforward,” Rockies manager Bud Black said.Reliever Pedro Strop Xander Bogaerts Jersey , who has been out since Sept. 13 because of a hamstring injury, is one of 11 pitchers on Chicago’s roster for the game at Wrigley Field. Speedy outfielder Terrance Gore also is active.“I told them a couple days ago, the last two games I was telling them Sunday I wanted to be in. They said no, they were aiming for Thursday,” Strop said. “Yesterday, I told them, ‘You know what, there (won’t be) Thursday if we don’t get Tuesday. So let me go in. Let me be available. If you find a spot for me in the game, put me in the game.'”Chicago and Colorado each dropped tiebreaker games for their respective division titles on Monday. The Cubs lost 3-1 to Milwaukee, and the Rockies fell 5-2 to the Los Angeles Dodgers. ST. PETERSBURG http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-dustin-pedroia-jersey , Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays are trimming capacity of Tropicana Field by more than 5,000 seats as part of renovations and capital improvements to the domed stadium for the upcoming season.The team announced Friday that the entire upper deck will be closed, trimming seating to an estimated 25,000-26,000. That’s down from 31,042, which already was the smallest capacity in the major leagues.Tampa Bay finished next to last in attendance in 2018 at 14,258 per game. The Miami Marlins (10,013) were the only team in the majors that drew fewer fans.The announcement comes about a month after the Rays announced they were abandoning plans to build a new ballpark in the Ybor City neighborhood in Tampa.The team says it has invested more than $50 million in stadium renovations since 2005, including more than $15 million in the past two years.In addition to creating a more intimate setting for fans Blake Swihart Jersey , the latest project will include creation of a premium seating area that’ll be known as the Left Field Ledge, as well as installation of new artificial turf and energy-efficient LED lights throughout the stadium.“These renovations mark our continued commitment to providing a first-rate fan experience at Tropicana Field,” Rays President Matt Silverman said. “Together, in concert with the reduction in seating capacity, these investments will help create a more intimate, entertaining and appealing experience for our fans.”

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.