Original Poetry Forums

I should post here?

03-24-2009 at 07:49:39 PM

I should post here?

I was looking around to get the feel of the forum and what I find is a thread that is about slander, lies, bullying, stalking, harrassment, charater assinations, and any number of questionable aspects of this site. What a shame. No, I don't think that I will continue to be a member here. What ever has been going on here should have been carried out in PM's or private Emails. Not on a public forum.

DCMerkle

03-24-2009 at 09:00:17 PM

Re: I should post here?

Amen!!

03-24-2009 at 10:36:57 PM

i would normally agree...however, all of this mahna-mahna was seemingly caused by one individual...and secondly, no matter what organization you become a part of, there are always a few assholes to ruin it for everyone else. Therefore, a moralistic view, i feel, will leave you with nowhere to go, and you may get lonely. So....as I say to most people, don't worry about those idiots, meet some people in chat, or recommended reads, and get over it!

03-25-2009 at 12:07:28 AM
  • sk
  • sk

It appears people are re-claiming this board by posting and chatting about other things, letting that nonsense die out...eventually those involved will get tired of their own diatribe, or maybe the webmaster will ban them, who knows...in the meantime there have been some good threads to chat on besides that one, and I do not intend to allow them to run me off any board....

03-25-2009 at 12:10:57 AM

I agree things will get out of hand if we let it. I say this,let's just do what we do and try to inspire in a positive way.

03-25-2009 at 12:10:59 AM

Too late dangedmanjr...she's gone.

Every forum website I've ever bothered to be a part of was composed of people and some of them.....well, they just don't got good upbringing!
But the majority of them are allright...even the spicy ones. Just gotta have the sense what God gave a horse to eat the straw and spit out the sticks. lol

And even the ones without good upbringing change sometimes...okay..not always. But some of the good ones go bad...luckily not all of them though. It's a percentage game.

I think it just takes a while to get a gist of any online community. You can't let one or two screaming children ruin the wedding party.

Utopia is a lot easier to dream about than to step on.

The true philosopher and the true poet are one, and a beauty, which is truth, and a truth, which is beauty, is the aim of both.

Ralph Waldo Emerson, American Poet (1803-1882)