Original Poetry Forums

A Simple Man aka poetography

11-18-2009 at 08:24:55 PM

A Simple Man

I’m a simple man and grateful for the vegetables that
I gathered and boiled in a pot to make nourishing soup.
This soup will make many meals for me.

I’m a simple man and grateful for the money that
I used to buy a long, freshly–baked loaf of French bread.
This bread will make many breakfasts for me.

I’m a simple man and grateful for the red wine and pure water
I drank with my tasty hot soup and bread tonight.
This wine and water will make many drinks for me.

I am a simple man and grateful for the words
I wrote on clean white sheets of paper.
These words will make many poems for me.

11-30-2009 at 03:02:51 PM

Re: A Simple Man aka poetography

A sign of greatness is to live frugally and try to gather the bounty to sustain one's nourishment.

Yes, too many materialistic things crowding ones life and very environment; can wreak havoc
in a man's life.

In fact, because of the perceived need that one must buy every new fangled electronic thingy
is what leads to a lot of pollution in the environment and threatens our very existence.

When you look back in history it was simple men who understood what was missing and went
ahead with their discoveries, eg.: washing machines; the man with the flying kite who dis-
covered electricty but not the man who discovered nuclear fission could take the place.

Furthermore, if you look at the score when it is simply one man at a time that discovers a
new invetnion; then good things abound. However, take this innovation that you and I are communicating on; it definitely was a great breakthrough. But, you look for instance to how Bill Gates and his friend capitalized on that. They hired surrogates (talented geeks) to start fooling around with the softwear and they gave them a nominal fee and then turned it in to a monopoly.

Gosh look what they did with the msn sites with the ploy to bring in the little simple man and start to communicate.......ah........what the simple man never expected was what happened to the
E accounts seeling stocks, etc. in virtual housing all over the world. Well, do I have to tell you?
If you got friends in Washington state you will find out they moved from Calif to their present habitat.........because their business in California went kaput.......and millions of 30 and 40 and 50 year olds lost their nest eggs. And, was their someone to bail them out? If there were they are all hiding in the 'bushes'.

So, I doff my hat, to this guy who says he is a simple man and you better believe he will do it his way and maybe not become a zillionaire..........but have enough for his daily needs.

This is the rant I leave here rolleyes If we're rating then I nominate this simple dude to win the prize as a role model for how to live one's life.

11-30-2009 at 03:54:51 PM

amen, mamasan ... poetography has written many great pieces, on many themes relevant to today ... this is one of my favorites, too ... you know he has over 300 pieces posted here? hard to keep up with them all, lol ... thx for posting and appreciating!

11-30-2009 at 05:47:02 PM

Well I am able to reply but outside of that I don't know how the heck this Poetry Forums department works.

I post one about Mary's Bridge this morning hoping to attract some bards to come and look over Mary Eaton's place. However, what I found is I cannot locate it anywhere. lol

Nice bumping in to you. smile

12-01-2009 at 12:05:42 PM

hey mama ... you're not crazy, lol ... i saw your Bridge post ... the webmasters of this site often delete forum posts they don't like ... i've seen posts disappear from nearly every forum i've written on ... particularly if the post references other sites, networking outside of this site, or anything in the "violent/sexual/forbidden" realm ... even just uncomfortable exchanges ... read this quick, it might disappear, lol!

i see it as a good reminder ... everything here is temporary ... and everything here, on this site, is really temporary ... lol ...

good morning to you, mamasan! luv from the West!

-eve-

12-01-2009 at 07:28:55 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

good exchange ladies

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.