Original Poetry Forums

Mother Teresa

12-23-2009 at 03:05:57 PM

Mother Teresa

" The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being
unwanted, uncared for and deserted by everybody"

Mother Teresa

12-23-2009 at 03:15:36 PM

Re: Mother Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGee

" The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being
unwanted, uncared for and deserted by everybody"

Mother Teresa

12-23-2009 at 03:18:13 PM
  • epiksonik
  • epiksonik

I'm under the impression that she exploited the poor, canoodled with dictators, and callously became judge and jury over people's lives. A pure charlatan. Wrong, diseases do cause more harm then feelings of worthlessness, which is too abstract and cumbersome to solve without solving the more practical first, like healthcare. Spoken like a true soldier for the papacy.

Merry Christmas though. lol

12-23-2009 at 03:31:25 PM

Re: Re: Mother Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiksonik

diseases do cause more harm then feelings of worthlessness, which is too abstract and cumbersome to solve without solving the more practical first, like healthcare. Spoken like a true soldier for the papacy.

How can we solve healthcare when our government won't listen? They're deciding the fate of it for us. Seems to me that the average Joe can make a bigger impact solving worthlessness at this point.

-Papa Paczki snake

12-23-2009 at 03:51:32 PM
  • epiksonik
  • epiksonik

Papa

I actually haven't spoken to the government lately so I don't know if they would listen or not, but I have heard they're pretty ruinous with infrastructures. grin

Last edited by epiksonik 12-23-2009 at 05:13:06 PM

12-23-2009 at 05:57:36 PM

Sorry, Mother Teresa was a nasty dictator to the people who worked for her;
she was arrogant towards them and pushed them like slaves to make her
own image appear flawless and pure.

It is said that she was quite the bitch-boss.

She ain't no saint in me eyes — and, yes, she did some good…thank goodness

12-24-2009 at 02:10:25 PM

You heard wrong!- Mother Teresa is my inspiration. She was NOT a dictator. I have studied about her, my entire life. -and No, my opinion is not some early implanted brain washing mechanism, sculpted by the Catholics, either. I think the pope is a full of shit, false worshipped, golden man-made god.-so, my beliefs are MY own.
She wanted the limelight? What?-She would NOT attend banquets set in her honor to receive awards, because she didnt want recognition! She turned down cars and houses and a comfortable retirement, to stay in the streets of Calcutta, where she continued to aid those in need, and those who suffer-until the day she died! She woke at three in the morning-for decades, never missing a morning, and after prayer, scouted the streets and alleys looking for disposed of infants who were still alive, to rescue. Leprosy? She held it in her BARE hands, reguardless of contamination..because it had to be done, because no one else wanted to do it. Yes, she made those young sisters work hard, when you are in the convent, that is a condition you understand, before you are ordained. Prayer, compassion, and hard work-this is the way of life! She had a list of your nuns, wanting to join her order each year, they would have died for this woman. I would have died for this woman! Mother Teressa evil, a selfish dictator?-please! This is absolutely the most insulting thing I have ever read on here. It's Christmas Eve, and this makes my heart cry.

12-24-2009 at 04:18:48 PM

Maddie, you are telling us the obvious, and obviously you missed the video documentary that aired two years ago about her and her ways, with interviews from dozens of nuns and others
"who worked for her". I am sure that I "did not hear wrong":

she not only made them work harder than herself,
she made them feel inferior, inadequate, and worthless,
never giving them her "infamous compassion".

Many despised her for her arrogance and aggressive/impatient personality.
She was not a nice/holy person to work for

—where's the saintliness/goodness in that? If you can't be compassionate to
everyone then you are a "hypocrite".

Yes, she did good for some — that' a given.

And I am soooo glad you didn't "die for this woman"…

12-24-2009 at 06:35:51 PM

Without having seen this documentary, I can't stake my claim. I will try and find it, and watch it. My opinion of her beauty, at this point remains true. When I watch this video, if I feel what I have written here is anything less then truth-I will apologize for defending..a self-rightous monster of society who walks in lambs clothing, but Dah, it better be one hell of a documentary. I have modeled much of my compassion and love towards others with her as a prime example of selflessness. I am not the way I am because of her, as I was born loving everything that breathes. However, in her I have always found a connection, and I know if my opinion of her is true, I will always fall short of her grace and wisdom.
Dah, I respect you on a level that I don't even think you understand. I have always shyed(probably spelled that totally wrong,lol)-away from discussions with you reguarding God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, or rather in this case, my Lord Jesus Christ. I respect your perspective, as well as your amazing spirit! On this topic, I could not hold my tongue. I find her to be a model of human excellence. To see a woman whom I have adored be referred to as a 'bitch' -well, I am telling you with complete sincerity, this hurts me to tears. I would still give my life for her. As I would you, or anyone else. My love for people, all people, is truely that deep. Besides, it would only be my body that died..not my spirit! Physical death is actually a small price to pay for someone to live out the rest of their life on earth to the fullest. Lastly, my good friend, if what you say proves to be true (Oh I hope it doesnt) then judging someone who has made such a diffrence, reguardless of an overpowering personality, still just doesn't seem fair or just. Well, maybe to some, but not to me.
Merry Christmas and lotsa love and blessings!
Maddie

12-24-2009 at 06:52:53 PM

To me, she is a Saint. I could not do what she did, regardless.

12-25-2009 at 01:42:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlusion

Maddie, you are telling us the obvious, and obviously you missed the video documentary that aired two years ago about her and her ways, with interviews from dozens of nuns and others
"who worked for her". I am sure that I "did not hear wrong":

she not only made them work harder than herself,
she made them feel inferior, inadequate, and worthless,
never giving them her "infamous compassion".

Many despised her for her arrogance and aggressive/impatient personality.
She was not a nice/holy person to work for

—where's the saintliness/goodness in that? If you can't be compassionate to
everyone then you are a "hypocrite".

Yes, she did good for some — that' a given.

And I am soooo glad you didn't "die for this woman"…

I see this" fourm" I know the quote..... I've heard it and have read it... more then once.... I think Mother Teresa had a task to preform like we all do.... I have heard good and bad about her... don't we all get spoke of this way..... Oh bye the way we really arn't spose to die for anyone, where suppose to chose to live for Him.... the greatest one God Himself... His most high name Jesus Christ...red

12-25-2009 at 01:50:09 PM

"I see this" fourm" I know the quote..... I've heard it and have read it... more then once.... I think Mother Teresa had a task to preform like we all do.... I have heard good and bad about her... don't we all get spoke of this way..... Oh bye the way we really arn't spose to die for anyone, where suppose to chose to live for Him.... the greatest one God Himself... His most high name Jesus Christ...red"

wink You are so right on, Red...thanx, well put.

Maddi

12-25-2009 at 03:17:15 PM

The man called "Jesus" was not Christian; he might have been "Jew", yet, I doubt that ,
he certainly was a mystic who understood his "own inner power" — was he the "son of god"?

…well…so the Christian bible says…and what comfort that is for Christians, and for the rest of us
…well…spirituality with out the fantasies will have to do…HAPPY NEW YEAR!

grin

12-25-2009 at 04:46:08 PM

Quote:

The man called "Jesus" was not Christian; he might have been "Jew", yet, I doubt that ,
he certainly was a mystic who understood his "own inner power" — was he the "son of god"?

…well…so the Christian bible says…and what comfort that is for Christians, and for the rest of us

grin

To Not Believe, Is Not An Option

I believe in God.
I believe because, to not believe is not an option.

I would rather believe in God throughout my life,
then, when I die if there is nothing, I have lost nothing
and would never know.

If I lived my life never believing in God,
then when I died,
and there really is a God, and he asks why I did not believe,
I have lost everything, and will know what I lost for eternity.

To not believe is not an option, only a gamble,
a gamble whose odds produce an incalculable result;
the only guarantee, truth.

12-25-2009 at 08:12:13 PM

Hmmmm-How do I know God exists? Or, rather, why do I have 'faith' in His existance? Well, I would have to ask of the non-believer; Think of someone you love with all of your heart. It can be a brother, sister, son or daughter..or, maybe a lover, wife or hubby! Anyone, whom you just love so full heartedly that their breath, somehow completes your life.

Ok, now I ask of you-Are you sure you love this person? 100% without question, you just adore them? Are you sure? Super-crazy, you would bet a stack of pancakes, cross your heart SURE-that you love this person with ALL of who you are?

Ok, now prove it! Show me!-Show me what love looks like. No, not what you do for that person, or they do for you, I mean, the actual fact!-Prove to me LOVE exists. I want physical evidence. Something I can SEE, right here in front of me. Manifest LOVE.
~you can't.

So, how do you know love exists? Or rather, why do you have 'faith' it exists?
Because, you FEEL it. That is how you know it is real. This, is how I know it is real.

If you don't share my 'faith', that's ok to me. I really don't have the same ideals and in-the-box perspective as most believers. My answers and truths are learned through my spirit-who I am!-and that's cool to me. If your answers and truths are diffrent, does that make them 'wrong'?-Not to me! As each one of us are unique, and created so diffrently, I believe so is our intended journey, as well as our spirit. Our God, can speak to each one of us completely diffrent. A blue print just for us! Feeding us to grow spiritually. This is my truth. How do I know?-because I can FEEL it.

peace,
Maddi smile

12-25-2009 at 10:35:08 PM

Quote:

grin

The man called "Jesus" was Jewish by birth and faith but the term Christian did not come into use until after His death and resurrection. His followers, those who believed in Him and His teaching, became known as Christians.

I agree with Maddi that we must all find our own paths to the light. For those of us who believe in Him, Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the light. Surely if we all lived by His example of forgiveness and love for each other, the world would be a better place...and who would find fault with that?

Merry Christmas!

12-25-2009 at 11:16:29 PM

Posted by Aria:

I agree with Maddi that we must all find our own paths to the light. For those of us who believe in Him, Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the light. Surely if we all lived by His example of forgiveness and love for each other, the world would be a better place...and who would find fault with that?

I agree with Maddi and Aria...it is so easy to believe in God and his son, Jesus. If one didn't have Jesus, who would one turn to ? Poetsofblood ?
Peace and Love, and Happy New Year.........................................gogant

12-26-2009 at 08:49:33 AM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Posted by Aria:

I agree with Maddi and Aria...it is so easy to believe in God and his son, Jesus. If one didn't have Jesus, who would one turn to ? Poetsofblood ?
Peace and Love, and Happy New Year.........................................gogant

Being one of the pob's I could take that question as an insult but I will take the high road and just give me stance on the whole worship nonsense. Jesus the man died without a fight, now my lord and savior Waylon Jennings took a stance that a man like Jesus never could(realistically I dare you to prove otherwise without hearsay of the bible and actual fact) Waylon stood his ground ,had principle and also gave a group of people the chance to succeed that never had the chance before. I know I know I'm going to hell for eternity bring on the eternal pit of fire woooooo I'm scared. Then again maybe I'm not that scared Waylon Rules!!!!!!!!

12-26-2009 at 09:44:41 AM

Gogant -
I agree with Watash about the POB comment. I myself believe in Jesus - though many may think otherwise when reading some of my dark poetry. But .... just because one like's to play in the dark - doesn't mean that they don't live in the light!

12-26-2009 at 10:18:30 AM

~Knight, this is SO true!
-and you are one of the coolest, evil, good guys, I have ever met!

Waylon Jennings vs. Jesus christ!! LOL! -ok, now I have officially heard everything! How funny is this?
-well, actually it HAS been proven Jesus Christ lived. Ya know, that He was real. It also has been proven that He died. Crucified on the cross, because He claimed to be the son of God, and stood His ground for the truths in which He preached. Now, that isn't just Bible talk-this fact is recorded historically, now. Even atheists can't deny this-it's like saying Waylon didn't live. The controversy of whether or not He was who He claims to be, or is the Bible holds truth,or His ministry, well, that's up to the individual person, I think. -But did he suffer an inhuman level of torture and die for His belief!-You bet he did, and 'I' truely believe on his last bloody breath, He did this for you...

12-26-2009 at 10:35:22 AM

Waylon is for sure kool too.

12-26-2009 at 10:45:14 AM

Awwww! What's a matter Gogant...cool kids won't let you play???

POB hasn't asked you to come to church, so.....got milk??

thanks for jumping on this my minions.

-Alexia

12-26-2009 at 11:00:43 AM

FORTUNES IN THE LORD

Sunday morning
the well of the word began to gush
Covered in love
I started telling everyone else
the fortunes in the Lord
My soul used to be like a dollar
I’d toss it up and it would fall into pennies
before hitting the floor
Until one day I borrowed
enough encouraging souls
to take a one way trip to Calvary
and when I had returned
I had enough heart of a hundred dollars
and began witnessing immediately
the fortunes in the Lord

(c) John E WordSlinger

12-26-2009 at 12:30:50 PM

Amen John.

12-26-2009 at 12:32:07 PM

Alexia we are honored by your presence!!!

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)