Original Poetry Forums

About Daily Poetry Topics

10-10-2010 at 01:28:10 AM

RE: Re: About Daily Poetry Topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleveil

Here's an idea for a poem:

If God gave you the opportunity to look him in the eye and talk to him for one day without dying, what would you talk to him about?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i WOULD TALK TO ABOUT HIS OWN FAULTS AND FAILURES

10-10-2010 at 10:03:26 AM

RE: About Daily Poetry Topics

I'd ask if the human habit of dividing the world into categories of "opposites", like "good & bad", "hot or cold", "up & down", "hot vs cold"...etc,etc. has any meaning except as artifacts of the human mind & its organs of perception.

gringringringringringrin

09-16-2013 at 01:57:13 AM

so what is the challenge for today?

09-16-2013 at 03:13:48 PM

Since we are approaching Fall, what is your poetry challenge for writers? Autumn? Halloween? fears, scary stuff? etc.

09-17-2013 at 01:44:11 AM

When I think about fall I think about treats, goodies... halloween candy n sweets, thanksgiving pie, desserts n turkey. Holidays n family come to mind. Having fun, creating new memories n sharing old stories... wink

09-19-2013 at 02:11:39 PM

If God agreed to answer my questions I would ask Him where He came from.

10-14-2014 at 11:51:49 AM

Thanks! This is Really helpful! I just randomly posted a poem called "The Wanderer" off the top of my head (which Never really happens) I'm not sure how to link it here yet, but if you wanna check it out or any of my other poems, you're welcome to. smile

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA