05-17-2010 at 06:29:53 AM

RE: RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ DEATH OF A MIDWIFE by Lorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLorian

Originally Posted by Springsize

Originally Posted by cousinsoren

[

All,

I do not wander over to these forums as much as perhaps I should. Indeed, I did not know about this string and happened here by chance. This was not my intention when I posted Death of a Midwife which, incidentally, has been all but ignored on my page except for the wonderful notice taken by Oren. This having been said, and in reply to the request for current events to be backed up with links by which they are substantiated, and in response to the notion that we, as a race, have evolved past such cruelty, I offer a name: Reverend Thomas Muthee. Would that his was the only person worth mentioning. The atrocity continues. Would that it did not. Please take a moment to view the following:

http://wildhunt.org/blog/2009/09/witch-hunts-are-now-an-international-epidemic.html

“Murder and persecution of women and children accused of being witches is spreading around the world and destroying the lives of millions of people, experts said Wednesday … “This is becoming an international problem — it is a form of persecution and violence that is spreading around the globe,” Jeff Crisp of the U.N.’s refugee agency UNHCR told a seminar organized by human rights officials of the world body.”

I remind you that Sara Palin received "protection from witches" by Reverend Thomas Muthee and offer the following link:

http://irregulartimes.com/witchproblems.html

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

I submit that, when the freedoms of a single individual are usurped, the freedoms of the entire human race are diminished. The Human Race will never know peace until it knows tolerance...and tolerance begins here. With me. With you. Right now.

And to that end, now as always, I wish you

Peace.
JL

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-17-2010 at 06:39:08 AM

05-17-2010 at 10:40:10 AM

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ THE BOSTON TEA PARTY

Last night, we had a ball by Jove ,My Boys!
We pull’d a mighty good stunt in disguise;
When we bravely boarded the tea-borne ship,
The coward crews gave us the quiet slip
Jumpt over the other side to clear the deck
For the great tea party we set to make.

We did not invite the fishes to tea,
But they came just the same for the grand spree.
This morn, the drunken whale in a flounder.
Lies gasping on the wet beach up yonder;
He is unused to drinking bales of tea.
Listlessly, the Sting Ray floats in the lee.
\

The Jelly Fish is as green as a dale.
The jolly sprats are looking rather pale.
“Drank too much of the brew!” said the Snapper.
“The King Fish isn’t looking too dapper.”
Said the Shark to the Barracuda hurting,
“Tea is grand for making fast friends lasting.

But there could be slip between cup and lip,
We must not carelessly go on a trip,
When much tea is poured into the harbour,
And set us fish to suffer and ponder;
Watch out! There is something fishy about!
We had better swim far away and out !”

We, Whigs, the King to tea did not invite,
Nor Hutchinson with us to have a bite;
They will not ignore such a rude insult.
But they have caused us to seek revolt;
We demand no tax without represent,
We sit not in Btitain’s Parliament.

The British will visit us I guess, My Boys,
To play with us their colonial toys
They will be coming with supple birch fine,
To valiantly whip us back into line.
But Lads, we won’t bend over for licks,
We shall sure’ teach them a couple of tricks.

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-18-2010 at 03:26:31 AM

05-17-2010 at 01:16:30 PM

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ THE BOSTON TEA PARTY

Boston Tea Party
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
]
The Boston Tea Party was a direct action by colonists in Boston, a town in the British colony of Massachusetts, against the British government. On December 16, 1773, after officials in Boston refused to return three shiploads of taxed tea to Britain, a group of colonists boarded the ships and destroyed the tea by throwing it into Boston Harbor.
The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act for a variety of reasons, especially because they believed that it violated their right to be taxed only by their own elected representatives. Protesters had successfully prevented the unloading of taxed tea in three other colonies, but in Boston, embattled Royal Governor Thomas Hutchinson refused to allow the tea to be returned to Britain. He apparently did not expect that the protestors would choose to destroy the tea rather than concede the authority of a legislature in which they were not directly represented.
The Boston Tea Party was a key event in the growth of the American Revolution. Parliament responded in 1774 with the Coercive Acts, which, among other provisions, closed Boston's commerce until the British East India Company had been repaid for the destroyed tea. Colonists in turn responded to the Coercive Acts with additional acts of protest, and by convening the First Continental Congress, which petitioned the British monarch for repeal of the acts and coordinated colonial resistance to them. The crisis escalated, and the American Revolutionary War began near Boston in 1775

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-17-2010 at 01:17:16 PM

05-17-2010 at 01:25:39 PM

RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ THE BOSTON TEA PARTY

Quote:

Last night, we had a ball by Jove ,My Boys!
We pull’d a mighty good stunt in disguise;
When we bravely boarded the tea-borne ship,
The coward crews gave us the quiet slip
Jumpt over the other side to clear the deck
For the great tea party we set to make.

We did not invite the fishes to tea,
But they came just the same for the grand spree.
This morn, the drunken whale in a flounder.
Lies gasping on the wet beach up yonder;
He is unused to drinking bales of tea.
Listlessly, the Sting Ray floats in the lee.
\

The Jelly Fish is as green as a dale.
The jolly sprats are looking rather pale.
“Drank too much of the brew!” said the Snapper.
“The King Fish isn’t looking too dapper.”
Said the Shark to the Barracuda hurting,
“Tea is grand for making fast friends lasting.

But there could be slip between cup and lip,
We must not carelessly go on a trip,
When much tea is poured into the harbour,
And set us fish to suffer and ponder;
Watch out! There is something fishy about!
We had better swim far away and out !”

We, Whigs, the King to tea did not invite,
Nor Hutchinson with us to have a bite;
They will not ignore such a rude insult.
But they have caused us to seek revolt;
We demand no tax without represent,
We sit not in Btitain’s Parliament.

The British will visit us I guess, My Boys,
To play with us their colonial toys
They will be coming with supple birch fine,
To valiantly whip us back into line.
But Lads, we won’t bend over for licks,
We shall sure’ teach them a couple of tricks

.A READER'S COMMMENT:

We notice in this poem that the fish, including a whale which is not a fish, did not enjoy the party. The shark warned the barracuda that they ought to swim far away from the harbour,as worse would occur. A participant anticipated that the British was not going to take insult lying down

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-17-2010 at 06:31:23 PM

05-17-2010 at 03:09:47 PM

RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinghawk

love this thread smile
i'd offer ... SuSpence ... your "Gulf of Fire" haiku is about as inspiring as any poetic journalism ... but then i just read your "Tale of Alejandro" and LOVE that piece too ... for anyone who hasn't yet read it, SuSpence's "poetic journalism" commentary on BP: BRINGING OILTO AMERICA'S SHORES(TM) :( smile ... "Gulf of Fire":

Once Beautiful Gulf
Engulfed By Waves Of Fire
My Lord, What Have We Done

beautiful work, SuSpence ...

Aria, love your piece on the Dow, too! nice!

i'll find something to post here of my own by the end of the day smile i think the trick for this forum is ... there's long-term news, and short-term news ... quick commentary on today's events, and recording for posterity the general feeling of a time or any particular event ... CousinsOren ... i think of your "Pocahontas" work as a sort of journalism, sifting real bits of info and giving them life through poetry ... tho it's a sort of historical journalism ...

SuSpence, it seems to me you're going more for "today's news" - like the dipping of the Dow smile - and every time i read one of your journalistic works, i find myself wishing i could get more of my news this way! very inspiring ...

as far as "old news" but "poetic journalism" old news ... one of my favorite pieces on this site is "Combat Girl" by mikedomino ... based on a news story about a female vet who, when she came home, experienced severe PTSD as so many of our vets do ...

be back soon smile

-dh[/quote
[b]
THANKS, for the compliment re Pocahontas, Dancing Hawk, I am proud to know that your a vet. My late brother, Dr. Oswald Cousins was a vet. He earned his doctorate at Cornel, and taught veterinary medicine at Tuskegee for many years,.He also worked at Bodles, Jamaica with Dr. T.P. Lecky, on the development of a once world fafmous Holstein red beef cattle , known as Jamaica Hope. You have probably heard of him?[/b]

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-18-2010 at 03:37:46 AM

05-17-2010 at 07:38:10 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ DEATH OF A MIDWIFE by Lorian

Quote:

Burning At The Stake

All,

I do not wander over to these forums as much as perhaps I should. Indeed, I did not know about this string and happened here by chance. This was not my intention when I posted Death of a Midwife which, incidentally, has been all but ignored on my page except for the wonderful notice taken by Oren. This having been said, and in reply to the request for current events to be backed up with links by which they are substantiated, and in response to the notion that we, as a race, have evolved past such cruelty, I offer a name: Reverend Thomas Muthee. Would that his was the only person worth mentioning. The atrocity continues. Would that it did not. Please take a moment to view the following:

http://wildhunt.org/blog/2009/09/witch-hunts-are-now-an-international-epidemic.html

“Murder and persecution of women and children accused of being witches is spreading around the world and destroying the lives of millions of people, experts said Wednesday … “This is becoming an international problem — it is a form of persecution and violence that is spreading around the globe,” Jeff Crisp of the U.N.’s refugee agency UNHCR told a seminar organized by human rights officials of the world body.”

I remind you that Sara Palin received "protection from witches" by Reverend Thomas Muthee and offer the following link:

http://irregulartimes.com/witchproblems.html

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

I submit that, when the freedoms of a single individual are usurped, the freedoms of the entire human race are diminished. The Human Race will never know peace until it knows tolerance...and tolerance begins here. With me. With you. Right now.

And to that end, now as always, I wish you

Peace.
JL

JLorian ...

Your poem is a strong statement of moron ignorance alive and existing still, fired with the emotions of fear so that one or a few may hold the reigns of power, as today, even in remote Kenya, Africa. I read each of your links and am appalled that this horror continues. I know of acid is girls faces for refusing the marriage of an old beast in India, but it's been a while, since I've heard any updates on that.

My protective thoughts surface as I study the constant and damning treatment of women throughout the past 12,000 years of life on Earth... as cattle, slaves or rungs of a ladder or worse yet, a sadistic toy for power-gluttons. I believe America is somewhat removed from the Kenya horrors, because I don't think WE would tolerate the beating in the streets of elderly or children for being witches or warlocks.

Interesting enough, is that Today, there really ARE practicing covens of witches and warlocks, as they call themselves.
(and not to be identified as wicca, of which I know only that they claim they are not violent and pay attention to the influences of nature)..

My reference is of the evil deed doers, right here in America... and it's true, the weak and young are used, today for sacrificial torture and murder... and there is a University teacher who speaks of her father, a wealthy gov. employee, who is a satanist, and she speaks of the Facts as she witnessed, of his sacrificial ceremonies, to her classes, year after year.... although She is not a satanist and as an adult, avoids them like the plague.

And I cannot stop the vein of evil that pulses through human experience, but I work hard to avoid the situation where I will be the victim.. And I work to be a mouth when I see abuse. And I have made a commitment to have a voice if I see a child abused in my presence, and to record horror as accurately as I see it.

And while I may be a small glitch in the Goliath of beasts, I do cause a ripple that effects... we all do...
and I will continue to use education as a tool, as best I can.

And I really appreciate your research and the information you have provided.

05-17-2010 at 07:45:10 PM

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum - ADHD Poison Link

ADHD Link to Poison

Justice is not blind like you, Liberty
it lays with gold 'n rubies 'n money

so much has Not changed since the pyramids
but now the snakes are wearing Cybil's ids

pandora comes as boxed with plastic lids
of pesticides in food we feed our kids

cause ADHD symptoms of dis ease
and interfers with their ability

to learn to join to function as normal
those effing nasty poisons so formal

like glitter, smiling faces on our fruit
assign no blame, it's called a legal moot

the damage done, they say here's what to do
make healthy choices, with organic too.

remove the poison and the rose bush grows
the Bible says, we too, are miracles

5-17-2010 abc7.com marathon of ADHD link to pesticides on America's Food.
what the flip?
we're paying for our poison ?
and the kind withOut the poison costs 10 x more ?

05-17-2010 at 11:46:24 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ DEATH OF A MIDWIFE by Lorian

. I believe America is somewhat removed from the Kenya horrors, because I don't think WE would tolerate the beating in the streets of elderly or children for being witches or warlocks.

Interesting enough, is that Today, there really ARE practicing covens of witches and warlocks, as they call themselves.
(and not to be identified as wicca, of which I know only that they claim they are not violent and pay attention to the influences of nature)..

My reference is of the evil deed doers, right here in America... and it's true, the weak and young are used, today for sacrificial torture and murder... and there is a University teacher who speaks of her father, a wealthy gov. employee, who is a satanist, and she speaks of the Facts as she witnessed, of his sacrificial ceremonies, to her classes, year after year.... although She is not a satanist and as an adult, avoids them like the plague.

And I cannot stop the vein of evil that pulses through human experience, but I work hard to avoid the situation where I will be the victim.. And I work to be a mouth when I see abuse. And I have made a commitment to have a voice if I see a child abused in my presence, and to record horror as accurately as I see it.

And while I may be a small glitch in the Goliath of beasts, I do cause a ripple that effects... we all do...

I think I should make it clear that my intent in writing this piece was not to indulge in any political stance, but to write something about which I am knowledgable; something that is, for better or worse, near and dear to my heart. This piece is, indeed, meant to reflect the ugliness of intolerance and prejudice wherever they present themselves.

For my characters I could have just as easily chosen from any number of innocent Black men lynched without cause in the first half of the 20th century. I could have chosen Matthew Shepherd who was nothing less than crucified for being gay, and which did not happen in some remote, dark age but on October 6, 1998. And as unpopular a statement as this will be...popularity never having been one of my strong suits...this goes to show that all too often we humans fall short of our ideals of tolerance, even here in America. All too often, liberty and justice are reserved for those who think or look or act or even worship like ourselves. What a pity. I think that especially in America, where we are privileged to live under a banner that represents such ideals as life, liberty an the pursuit of happiness where all men (and women) are created equal, we must be ever vigilant against our own human shortcomings that would undermine those ideals. To that end, I have often found myself right in the middle of the debate, hardly avoiding the situation, always staring it straight in the eye and daring it to come on.

You speak of Witches like someone who has extremely limited knowledge on the subject. I do not say that to be unkind, but to educate in order to enhance your own level of tolerance. We do not call our men Warlocks. That is a Scotish word with which they were burdoned during the Burning Times. It means traitor. We call our men Witches.

As for Satanists, well, that is something of a difficult topic and has been shown in an unflattering light for too many years for me to dispell the misinformation here to any degree. Suffice it to say that I cannot recall a time when there were not stories of ritualistic abuse and sacrifice with little or no actual substance. You will, then, forgive me if I find that I am unable to give too much validity to "...there is a university teacher who...". Alas, it seems there is always a friend of a friend of a friend who.... While many books came out in the late '60s and early '70's that claimed to be eye witness accounts, most were debunked as works of fiction. I am not surprised, though, to see that where the topic of Witches is raised, the topic of Satanists unerringly follows. One never had anything to do with the other. They are not even distant cousins. One of my teachers used to refer to that as 2000 years of bad press.

I chose this particular cast of characters because I personally know what it is like to have an angry mob pound on my door. I know what it means to have people screech the word Witch at me as though it were a snake that they had to spit out or be consumed by. I know what it's like to feel terror as these self righteous bigots pointed at my children while accusing me of harming them with my practices. I know what it means for well meaning people to tell me that I should change, convert, be like everyone else. I know what it means to have police officers in my home and having to sit down with them to explain my way of life. I know the isolation that comes from being different from the general population based on an ideal. Yes, Springsize, I know. Even now...even here...in America...I know.

I believe the way to "stop the vein of evil that pulses through the human experience" is to shine a light on it for the world to see. When we see ourselves reflected in that light and find we are repulsed, perhaps we will change. Peace is never achieved by silence. Peace is achieved when we have the courage to say This is Wrong!

I am amused that this piece which started out, by the way, as a mind clearing exercise and nothing more, has inspired conversation when it cannot even inspire a rating, save for that one given kindly by Oren. I wonder if it is because the subject matter still causes blood to boil; perhaps on some primal level the good and the faithful think the midwife deserves her fate. Perhaps it is the polytheistic conclusion that makes people uncomfortable. Perhaps the piece simply sucks. Whatever the reason, this is the final statement that I have to make on the subject. I will move onto another topic now and take my lumps in the arena of public opinion. Still facing it head on, still daring it to show me what it's got. If one person, only one, should read this and find his or her heart opened even slightly to be more tolerant, then that is one step closer to peace and those aforementioned lumps are not too high a price.

Peace.
JL

05-18-2010 at 04:11:51 AM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ DEATH OF A MIDWIFE by Lorian

Quote:

. I believe America is somewhat removed from the Kenya horrors, because I don't think WE would tolerate the beating in the streets of elderly or children for being witches or warlocks.

I think I should make it clear that my intent in writing this piece was not to indulge in any political stance, but to write something about which I am knowledgable; something that is, for better or worse, near and dear to my heart. This piece is, indeed, meant to reflect the ugliness of intolerance and prejudice wherever they present themselves.

For my characters I could have just as easily chosen from any number of innocent Black men lynched without cause in the first half of the 20th century. I could have chosen Matthew Shepherd who was nothing less than crucified for being gay, and which did not happen in some remote, dark age but on October 6, 1998. And as unpopular a statement as this will be...popularity never having been one of my strong suits...this goes to show that all too often we humans fall short of our ideals of tolerance, even here in America. All too often, liberty and justice are reserved for those who think or look or act or even worship like ourselves. What a pity. I think that especially in America, where we are privileged to live under a banner that represents such ideals as life, liberty an the pursuit of happiness where all men (and women) are created equal, we must be ever vigilant against our own human shortcomings that would undermine those ideals. To that end, I have often found myself right in the middle of the debate, hardly avoiding the situation, always staring it straight in the eye and daring it to come on.

You speak of Witches like someone who has extremely limited knowledge on the subject. I do not say that to be unkind, but to educate in order to enhance your own level of tolerance. We do not call our men Warlocks. That is a Scotish word with which they were burdoned during the Burning Times. It means traitor. We call our men Witches.

As for Satanists, well, that is something of a difficult topic and has been shown in an unflattering light for too many years for me to dispell the misinformation here to any degree. Suffice it to say that I cannot recall a time when there were not stories of ritualistic abuse and sacrifice with little or no actual substance. You will, then, forgive me if I find that I am unable to give too much validity to "...there is a university teacher who...". Alas, it seems there is always a friend of a friend of a friend who.... While many books came out in the late '60s and early '70's that claimed to be eye witness accounts, most were debunked as works of fiction. I am not surprised, though, to see that where the topic of Witches is raised, the topic of Satanists unerringly follows. One never had anything to do with the other. They are not even distant cousins. One of my teachers used to refer to that as 2000 years of bad press.

I chose this particular cast of characters because I personally know what it is like to have an angry mob pound on my door. I know what it means to have people screech the word Witch at me as though it were a snake that they had to spit out or be consumed by. I know what it's like to feel terror as these self righteous bigots pointed at my children while accusing me of harming them with my practices. I know what it means for well meaning people to tell me that I should change, convert, be like everyone else. I know what it means to have police officers in my home and having to sit down with them to explain my way of life. I know the isolation that comes from being different from the general population based on an ideal. Yes, Springsize, I know. Even now...even here...in America...I know.

I believe the way to "stop the vein of evil that pulses through the human experience" is to shine a light on it for the world to see. When we see ourselves reflected in that light and find we are repulsed, perhaps we will change. Peace is never achieved by silence. Peace is achieved when we have the courage to say This is Wrong!

I am amused that this piece which started out, by the way, as a mind clearing exercise and nothing more, has inspired conversation when it cannot even inspire a rating, save for that one given kindly by Oren. I wonder if it is because the subject matter still causes blood to boil; perhaps on some primal level the good and the faithful think the midwife deserves her fate. Perhaps it is the polytheistic conclusion that makes people uncomfortable. Perhaps the piece simply sucks. Whatever the reason, this is the final statement that I have to make on the subject. I will move onto another topic now and take my lumps in the arena of public opinion. Still facing it head on, still daring it to show me what it's got. If one person, only one, should read this and find his or her heart opened even slightly to be more tolerant, then that is one step closer to peace and those aforementioned lumps are not too high a price.

Peace.
JL

READER'S COMMENT;

This article pleads for tolerance, If we were universally tolerant, there would be no cause for quarrels, hate, greed nor war. I am impressed and touched by the eloquence, the plea and explicit wisdom of this article.. Let us not be weary in well doing (Galatians 6:9)

05-18-2010 at 07:44:57 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ DEATH OF A MIDWIFE by Lorian

JLorian...

Thank you so much for your in depth reply... and I really appreciate your willingness to show me your view, as I did not know you had experienced the fear of being called a real, live witch, and hounded and/or terrorized by neighbors and police too.

... and I take your Long response in total seriousness, as I do not tolerate violence for or against, which is why I became so passionate about your poem in the first place....

I will assume that you are in this country or a more Civilized area, as I note Again, that the angry mob, people, social workers, police, et al did not take you and your children into the streets and harm you or burn or kill you.

but I believe that if you were in Kenya, you would be dead, that is probably true; so I am grateful that you were not in Kenya, and sorry for those who are there.

and I don't know many people who would think it is ok that the midwife was harmed.. maybe those who are dark with vengeance... but most Civilized people are not that negative...

And despite a few isolated cases, hate crimes and burning and torture of anyone is not tolerated, as it is in remote kenya, where is appears to be near commonplace.... I don't find that degree of savagery in this country, at this time.

Also, I am Not one of the townspeople outside your door, with the dogs or anger
I am a quiet person and I work hard not to bother anyone.

And I am also a rebel in my own way... and have Always been a very different person, and so I can empathize with you on the point of being one who is extremely unique.

I personally don't believe in immunizations (sterilized poison pus) and because I refuse to invade my human body with toxic poisons, I am labeled as a "possible typhoid mary - carrier of all bad microbes".
And it is a Very disturbing concept to think I could be attacked by an angry mob and at Best, be assaulted by needles of heinous serums, or like you, have the fear of an angry mob wanting to harm me for not following in their practices.

Believe me, I Do know this experience of yours, although the details are different.

However, I also know that evil does exist, and there are satanic devil-worshipers who are not in it for the costumes or glory of book-writing.

and just as not all modern witches are Snow White's evil Witch
not all modern day witches are good or well-intentioned... and some are real satanists, using witchcraft for Negative purposes... and acquire powers to control and abuse with herbs, gemstones, incantation tones, etc.
and for thousands of years in recorded history, such evil behavior has existed and some have enjoyed finding and Using special abilities to control, as sadomasochistic pleasure in the torture and murder of others.

And the story I provided about the modern day devil-worship coven of witchcraft in this country, practicing satanic butchery and horrendous anti-Christ rituals with crosses and pentagrams and violence and murder... is real, and she has been teaching at the Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA for years (sorry, not the University, just the College)... and while I would not feel comfortable posting her name and email address on a public forum... I would provide this information by Private Message, if anyone is serious in wanting to contact her... She is not hiding, but I don't think that she would welcome 500 emails about her childhood abuse in the covens.

And I'll say this again... I know that not all modern day witches are evil, or practice violence... and I also know that of all of the persecuted persons of the past, Some may have been gifted, such as being able to predict the weather and cause a witch hunt... while Today, the weather predictor is paid a huge salary to do so on TV.

So it comes down to the violence issue... which I don't find is Ever the best solution to any problems.

I don't do violence, and so it's hard to empathize with the mob mentality that can turn on a dime and attack even the preacher.

But can Mob Mentality occur/happen here, in America? Yes, of course.

A prime example would be the Mayan Mayday, when the police don't show up for work because the state is bankrupt for the 3rd year in a row and the drug addicts have the guns and there is no safe place.

Mob violence. I believe it can come to OurTown, USA... but that it has not. That was my main theme.

Again, I am Not the violent one throwing crosses at the government, burning crosses in a hate crime, or holding crosses to stop vampires.

and Again, I'm sorry that your "differentness" has brought fear from neighbors, police and others to your door, as to My door also.

because I am one who is tolerant of beliefs or practices others have as long as, violence or harm (even bully-ism) is not involved... because that's the line I draw.

I did not create the beliefs that witches are evil... it is a long standing global belief... so perhaps what is needed is the information of the other side of the story, as you say, the witches are not evil ... as I am sure the world would be curious to understand the world of "good witches", or as I've often heard referred to as "white witchcraft".

and I cannot enlighten the public with information that I do not have... so perhaps, since this is your passion, you will consider a time in your life when you can become a source of knowledge of your beliefs for those who may have an interest, and find the benefit that you experience.

While My passion is health and healing (I try to share my knowledge), I believe that Each person comes to the table with individual experience and personal knowledge.

and may Peace be with you also,

Susan

05-19-2010 at 03:33:21 AM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ DEATH OF A MIDWIFE by Lorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsize

JLorian...

Thank you so much for your in depth reply... and I really appreciate your willingness to show me your view, as I did not know you had experienced the fear of being called a real, live witch, and hounded and/or terrorized by neighbors and police too.

... and I take your Long response in total seriousness, as I do not tolerate violence for or against, which is why I became so passionate about your poem in the first place....

I will assume that you are in this country or a more Civilized area, as I note Again, that the angry mob, people, social workers, police, et al did not take you and your children into the streets and harm you or burn or kill you.

but I believe that if you were in Kenya, you would be dead, that is probably true; so I am grateful that you were not in Kenya, and sorry for those who are there.

and I don't know many people who would think it is ok that the midwife was harmed.. maybe those who are dark with vengeance... but most Civilized people are not that negative...

And despite a few isolated cases, hate crimes and burning and torture of anyone is not tolerated, as it is in remote kenya, where is appears to be near commonplace.... I don't find that degree of savagery in this country, at this time.

Also, I am Not one of the townspeople outside your door, with the dogs or anger
I am a quiet person and I work hard not to bother anyone.

And I am also a rebel in my own way... and have Always been a very different person, and so I can empathize with you on the point of being one who is extremely unique.

I personally don't believe in immunizations (sterilized poison pus) and because I refuse to invade my human body with toxic poisons, I am labeled as a "possible typhoid mary - carrier of all bad microbes".
And it is a Very disturbing concept to think I could be attacked by an angry mob and at Best, be assaulted by needles of heinous serums, or like you, have the fear of an angry mob wanting to harm me for not following in their practices.

Believe me, I Do know this experience of yours, although the details are different.

However, I also know that evil does exist, and there are satanic devil-worshipers who are not in it for the costumes or glory of book-writing.

and just as not all modern witches are Snow White's evil Witch
not all modern day witches are good or well-intentioned... and some are real satanists, using witchcraft for Negative purposes... and acquire powers to control and abuse with herbs, gemstones, incantation tones, etc.
and for thousands of years in recorded history, such evil behavior has existed and some have enjoyed finding and Using special abilities to control, as sadomasochistic pleasure in the torture and murder of others.

And the story I provided about the modern day devil-worship coven of witchcraft in this country, practicing satanic butchery and horrendous anti-Christ rituals with crosses and pentagrams and violence and murder... is real, and she has been teaching at the Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA for years (sorry, not the University, just the College)... and while I would not feel comfortable posting her name and email address on a public forum... I would provide this information by Private Message, if anyone is serious in wanting to contact her... She is not hiding, but I don't think that she would welcome 500 emails about her childhood abuse in the covens.

And I'll say this again... I know that not all modern day witches are evil, or practice violence... and I also know that of all of the persecuted persons of the past, Some may have been gifted, such as being able to predict the weather and cause a witch hunt... while Today, the weather predictor is paid a huge salary to do so on TV.

So it comes down to the violence issue... which I don't find is Ever the best solution to any problems.

I don't do violence, and so it's hard to empathize with the mob mentality that can turn on a dime and attack even the preacher.

But can Mob Mentality occur/happen here, in America? Yes, of course.

A prime example would be the Mayan Mayday, when the police don't show up for work because the state is bankrupt for the 3rd year in a row and the drug addicts have the guns and there is no safe place.

Mob violence. I believe it can come to OurTown, USA... but that it has not. That was my main theme.

Again, I am Not the violent one throwing crosses at the government, burning crosses in a hate crime, or holding crosses to stop vampires.

and Again, I'm sorry that your "differentness" has brought fear from neighbors, police and others to your door, as to My door also.

because I am one who is tolerant of beliefs or practices others have as long as, violence or harm (even bully-ism) is not involved... because that's the line I draw.

I did not create the beliefs that witches are evil... it is a long standing global belief... so perhaps what is needed is the information of the other side of the story, as you say, the witches are not evil ... as I am sure the world would be curious to understand the world of "good witches", or as I've often heard referred to as "white witchcraft".

and I cannot enlighten the public with information that I do not have... so perhaps, since this is your passion, you will consider a time in your life when you can become a source of knowledge of your beliefs for those who may have an interest, and find the benefit that you experience.

While My passion is health and healing (I try to share my knowledge), I believe that Each person comes to the table with individual experience and personal knowledge.

and may Peace be with you also,

Susan

A READER'S COMMENT

Springsize, do you believe that Lorian is a real witch? A Hollywood wit (I do not recall his name) once said all beautiful women are witches. An actress (Lana Turner? )countered with, all handsome men are devils...............LOL

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-19-2010 at 03:38:27 AM

05-19-2010 at 09:57:27 AM

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ INVITATION TO VIEW HIPPOPOTAMUS

Hello, FRIENDS,

You are cordially invited to view, Cousinsoren's video, entitled HIPPOPOTAMUS.

Follow this link:

http://mareannspoetry.ning.com/video/hippopotamusavi-1

05-19-2010 at 11:08:09 AM

RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ INVITATION TO VIEW HIPPOPOTAMUS

Quote:

Hello, FRIENDS,

Follow this link:

My dear Oren,

Just when I thought I could not be more enchanted by your stylistic prose you surprise me, you entertain me, you enchant me even more! Hearing your work performed brought them to life for me. I watched all four of your videos, delivered from your spot in Paradise, recited as only you can recite them. Bravo my dear for raising the bar and bringing your work, and your audience, home.

Peace,
JL

05-19-2010 at 12:24:00 PM

RE: RE: RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum/ INVITATION TO VIEW HIPPOPOTAMUS

Quote:

Hello, FRIENDS,

Follow this link:

My dear Oren,

Just when I thought I could not be more enchanted by your stylistic prose you surprise me, you entertain me, you enchant me even more! Hearing your work performed brought them to life for me. I watched all four of your videos, delivered from your spot in Paradise, recited as only you can recite them. Bravo my dear for raising the bar and bringing your work, and your audience, home.

Peace,
JL

An Hollywood wit ( I can't recall his name) once said, all beautiful women are witches. A Hollywood actress ( Lana Turner??) countered, all handsome men are devils..........................................LOL

THANKS for your bewitching comment, my lovely witch...................LOL You reassure me that my puny efforts are worth the time and energy spent.

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-19-2010 at 12:27:03 PM

05-23-2010 at 08:26:52 AM

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum - the Tar 'n Feather 'um, Boys

05-23-2010 at 08:42:15 AM

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum

READER"S COMMEN
T

hey used the cheapest pesticide
as if to say, we just don't care.
Could they have hit her juggler vein?
and Mother Nature cried and died.

Yeah, A warning and concern for the abuse and rape of the environment , written by poetess, Springsize, Fish, marine and birdlife, swamp and marshes are dying, Yes! Yes! Yes!

She means the "jugular vein:" of the earth, not the juggler vein. .....ah!

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-23-2010 at 08:53:58 AM

05-23-2010 at 08:46:55 AM

Quote:

She means the "jugular vein:" of the earth, not the juggler vein. .....ah![/b]

Good Catch Cousinsoren !!!!! Thank you ...

05-23-2010 at 09:16:52 AM

05-23-2010 at 09:22:22 AM

Quote:

This is bad, cousins.... Incredible picture....

I can't wait to see how Kevin Costner's technique of sifting the oil from the sea water works....

It's supposed to be implemented within a few days...

05-23-2010 at 11:22:21 AM

Dear Springsize.

Abuse of the environment, as evident, could have more far- far-reaching global effect- another Black Death-- than the devastation of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Iraq added together....................God help us! . But will God help, if Man does not do his part, which is to care the earth?

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-24-2010 at 01:14:02 AM

06-01-2010 at 06:21:16 AM

Silent Screams

To Whom This May Concern,

Who are you to play my God? What gives you the liberty to choose my season? To murder my existence to abide your industry?
I have humbly bestowed my gifts to you. Your very breath cleansed, due to my birth. The home in which you dwell, is clothed because of my skin. Yet, your greed, your selfish threads of prosperity, has sewn your sights shut.

Do you not bleed? Have you sheltered your ears so; that now, you can no longer hear the blessed sounds of the bird-songs which awaken your slumber? Do you not comprehend, they breathe because of me? As I too-live for them? For you?

I offer myself to you, to complete your purpose. I only request that you utilize my entirety after my hourglass has fell transparent, and the wind no longer dances upon me.
Ah! However, patience is a virtuous truth; and you choose to walk ordained as a liar.

Disease? Is this your claim? You, are the very Lord of disease! The plagues which crawl throughout the land, have been stirred by your corporate spoon, leaving my family to choke on your vile poisons. The deformed images you view, while gazing upon 'us' in tears-is but only a mirror of your own abomination.

You, are the master of heathens. A mass slayer of time's utopia. Stand proud at your podium, and except your award! Clear the filth from your throat, and echo your speech of preservation clearly- while your crown of destruction glistens in the black sun.

One day, you shall strangle from the very rope you've weaved from my fibers. The sun shall inflame your flesh, and feast upon your skin! The wells in which you drink, will intoxicate you, with your homemade toxins..as you become the waste. Search not for my shelter, as the sun claws at your eyes, and you attempt to blindfold your sights, with industrial shields; for I will no longer be found!

The children you birth, shall bare the scars you have carved within their tender flesh, before their conception. The day of judgement is near! They shall rise up before you. As you lay, spewing black tar on your white sheets, they shall cry out, "Why, have you damned us?"

Now, I must feel the sharp edges of your fingertips. I must succumb to the blades of your ignorance, as you slice into my spirit; and severe through my pulsing heart. Can you not hear me scream, as you dismember my tranquility to shreds?

My death, by your transgression, is nearly complete. Soon my body shall fall to the earth, and the birds shall sing no more. The wind shall no longer whisper my name to the fullest of moons; nor shall the sun again, kiss my body with purest warmth.

As I draw my last breath and my blood bathes over you to fuse to your flesh like cursed glue, while my slivers continue to bite into your skin, long after I am gone -remember this;
I died for you.

Sincerely,
~The Trees

*TJ Madelynn*

06-01-2010 at 06:31:37 AM

Afternoon Stroll

Where have all the rabbits gone?

Using my hand as a visor, I shield the sun's reflection, and look up at the giant clock-tower stationed at the center of the village square. The oversized, round, face mocks my existence, as the numbers say, ‘tic, tic, tic..’ Constantly, the hand skips forward. However, time is yet to reach the destination.

A wreath hangs in an office window all dressed in flowers that will never grow, and a silver bow for a formal hello. Can’t the inviting eye realize that this bound ivy is dead, and the decoration is a memorial, marking an unmarked grave? The deceased is the earth, the building a headstone. I can spy this tomb, and hear this truth, although many others cannot; unlike the earth, buildings cannot talk.

I wonder, I wonder, what shade the world would be, if each of us lent a smile to our passing brothers and sisters. Oh, what a techno-color treat we could create. The most appealing reality is that this gift would be free. Free of discrimination, free of neglect, free of malice. We could change the gray, if only we could accept the colors. If, indeed, we so hate useless spending, why then do we choose to put such unaffordable value, on values? We as human-beings complain we cannot afford, what could already be free.

Precious! I think as I walk through the park and view the beauty of a young child, while his mother sits on a dark, green, park bench. The little boy must be about the age of seven. Such a gracious year to be alive! Filled with endless curiosity, and wonderment. I remember- Oh, how I remember, discovering this mystic kingdom with such clean eyes.

He appears to be talking to himself. I wonder if he is singing nursery rhymes, or if he is speaking to an unseen friend, that only his magical eyes can see. Wait! What is that he is holding to his delicate ear? This little angel has become a puppet- as I notice that his tiny hand clenches a cell phone!

Why would his mother allow him to choose this way? Does she not see the castle in the sandbox, or how the swings have secret wings, and if you close your eyes you can feel them fly? No. She does not see this place waiting for discovery, as she is to consumed with the boys cell phone clone-Nokia, which apparently has affixed itself to her own ear. She is arguing loudly into the plastic piece; about money, I think, as she shouts “Why should you care about me, as long as you get paid!”

If only, if only, she could comprehend that the faceless enemy on the other end of the signal- will one day become her son. Then, would she find the time to play?

Fifty-cents for a newspaper, which is imprisoned in a steel yellow cage. I peer in the mesh window-‘Headline News; Eight Car Pile Up! Five Dead!’ A pain bathes over my heart, as I think of the mechanical slaying. I wonder where they were going on the last day of their clock. I wonder who they have left behind in this world, who they were, who they were yet to become.

‘HONK!’ A loud horn wails from the traffic which zooms past swiftly on Main Street.
Automobiles(H.M.C.)- Human mobile cubical. So many taking up space, and expelling their signature scent to perfume our lungs.

Unfamiliar faces filed inside their H.M.C. Forward they move, like the clock,-to reach their destination. Can they possibly know that they- like the clock, will never truly arrive?-If they did, would they still be eating, drinking, talking, laughing, singing? Maybe.

Do the families that lost the 'Headline News! Five Dead!', think to themselves; 'If only they would have been on horseback, carriages, on a bicycle, or even foot- this massacre, would have never happened! They would be alive today; to laugh, and to cry , to succeed, and fail, but most of all- to love.’ Maybe.

Before I carry myself home for a nap, under my loyal oak-friend; I take one more look around at this man-made forest.

I look at all the beautiful, gray, people who pass each other, shoulder to shoulder, yet their eyes will never meet.

I skim over the endless decorated graves, and the concrete meadow on which they stand.

The corporate children, who will never play.

The variety of human mobile cubicals- that have become our suicide necessity, for speedy travel.

The long row of yellow prisons, that are more than obliged to scream our self-destruction; for the low cost of fifty-cents!

Oh, and of course, the bright paper trail of ‘must haves’, that were so generously left along the roadside by the concerned citizens of gray; in the event, that I should lose my way home!

I start home with one final thought; Where have all the rabbits gone? I glance up at the giant clock, and as the hand pulses around the numbered face -still it warns, ‘tic, tic, tic..’

*TJ Madelynn*

Last edited by Madelynn 06-05-2010 at 03:19:51 PM

06-09-2010 at 04:55:33 PM

Rawr, I have written a poem about War....grrrrr. This poem was inspired by the affects of war on Japan, Korea, Kuwait, and the devistation of the crusades.

What is War?
Screams and gunfire abound
Not enough peace to pass around
Families torn and people dead
If only we could understand instead
Differences are the enemy
Its all about business and money
Land, oil, and riches are in demand
Citizens die when the government commands
Religion is but an excuse
For God, the war hounds are loosed
Soldiers return home scarred
Lives forever marred
Mothers lose daughters, sons and husbands
To wars that didn't need to happen
Left alone to cry
While people continue to die
Greed, masked and disguised
Escapes our eyes
Is this really for the good
There once a great nation stood
But not anymore
Now its just a nation for the poor
Children scream for homes
While living in radiation zones
Grandmothers want their children back
The world is dressed in black
What is war but a game
Money, land and fame to gain

06-09-2010 at 06:02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdlittlekc

Rawr, I have written a poem about War....grrrrr. This poem was inspired by the affects of war on Japan, Korea, Kuwait, and the devistation of the crusades.

What is War?
Screams and gunfire abound
Not enough peace to pass around
Families torn and people dead
If only we could understand instead
Differences are the enemy
Its all about business and money
Land, oil, and riches are in demand
Citizens die when the government commands
Religion is but an excuse
For God, the war hounds are loosed
Soldiers return home scarred
Lives forever marred
Mothers lose daughters, sons and husbands
To wars that didn't need to happen
Left alone to cry
While people continue to die
Greed, masked and disguised
Escapes our eyes
Is this really for the good
There once a great nation stood
But not anymore
Now its just a nation for the poor
Children scream for homes
While living in radiation zones
Grandmothers want their children back
The world is dressed in black
What is war but a game
Money, land and fame to gain

I am with you all the way. War is a horror in the real sense of what horror is in every way. But as a game, it's not one you want to lose. As Wilfred is so willing to point out to us standing on the spot.

Actual war draws really nasty pictures in your brain, that mark an individual for a life time. This is a poem that takes you to a specific inside war upon the actual battlefield that won’t let you go after you’ve read it. Read with caution. It puts you there though your own eyes. It leaves you with his wound.

Dulce et Decorum Est

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks
knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
and toward our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
but limped on blood-shod. All went lame, all blind;
drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys! An ecstasy of fumbling,
fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
but someone still was yelling out and stumbling
and flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
Dim through the misty panes of thick green light,
as under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight
he plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
behind the wagon that we flung him in,
and watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
his hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin,
if you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
come gurgling from the froth-corrupted lungs
Bitten as the cud
of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
to children ardent for some desperate glory
the old line: Dulce et Decorum Est
pro patria mori.

By Wilfred Owen (1893—1918) 25 years old. Wilfred died fighting.
the Latin translated (it is sweet and becoming to die for one’s country.”)

Last edited by RHPeat 06-09-2010 at 06:07:45 PM

06-28-2010 at 08:01:04 PM

Another anthology in the making here from this thread. Bravo!!

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.