For nursing regret,

(Anonymous)

Last edited by cousinsoren 02-02-2011 at 09:34:40 AM

02-02-2011 at 09:43:43 AM

RE: RE: RE: To The Original Poetry Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedJezzabel

Originally Posted by cousinsoren

Lil' Sis, I take it you have decided to remain a fighter, for all of us , by the side of John., and with us, on the site, where you belong. And let no evil powers on earth destroy your loyalty and fighting spirit and service to our cause. You can't imagine how relieved I am.

Jaded you are one of my special girls! My girls are never jealous of each other are never spiteful to one another. Thank God, they are not immune to the dangers of this world, but they know how to fight, to survive and achieve,

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDIE I HOPE YOU STAY!!!! JOHN YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE DIPLOMATIC VOICE OF REASON AND I RESPECT AND ADMIRE THAT. TENDERPOISON YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH ALOT IN YOUR LIFE AND I PERSONALLY HAVE SEEN THE CHANGES IN YOUR STRENGTH AS A WOMAN THROUGH YOUR WRITING WHICH GETS BETTER AND BETTER AND SOMETIMES BLOWS MY MIND AND LEAVES ME SPEECHLESS. DAH....KEEP ON PUSHING MAN. NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM YOU THE GIFTS THAT YOU HAVE AND THE TALENT YOU HAVE PERFECTED. ARIA....I WISH YOU WOULD COME BACK AND TELL YOU KNOW WHO TO KISS YOUR ASS. HE IS ALL TALK HUN. BUT I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. COUSIN....I JUST LOVE YOUR PURE HEART HONEY......THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SMART ADVICE AND I'M SORRY IF I DIDN'T TAKE IT BUT YOU KNOW SOMETIMES I JUST GOT TO DO THINGS MY OWN WAY AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. ME I WILL NOT EVER BE RUN OFF FROM THIS OR ANY OTHER PLACE I FIND AS POETICLY STIMULATING AS OP. I HOPE IT DOESN'T GO UNDER BUT IF IT DOES I WILL CHOSE TO REMEMBER ONLY THE GOOD AND WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAINT THE GOOD VIBES AND GREAT POETS I HAD TO HONOR OF MEETING HERE. TRUST AND BELIEVE IN THIS, WE WILL RISE ABOVE THE CHAOS ONE BAD APPLE TRIED TO CREATE BECAUSE THE TRUTH ALWAYS HAS A WAY OF COMING OUT AND THE DISTURBED CAN ONLY FAKE FOR A WHILE BEFORE THEY SHOW THE TRUE UGLINESS THAT LIVES INSIDE THEM. HELIOS I DON'T KNOW YOU DEAR, HAVE READ SOME OF YOUR WORK AN ITS EXCEPTIONAL FOR YOUR AGE. YOU DON'T NEED MR NEVES. YOUR TALENT SURPASSED HIS LONG AGO. PEACE LOVE AND POETRY.............JADED
[/b]

02-02-2011 at 09:43:44 AM

Quote:

Lil' Sis, I take it you have decided to remain a fighter, for all of us , by the side of John., and with us, on the site, where you belong. And let no evil powers on earth destroy your loyalty and fighting spirit and service to our cause. You can't imagine how relieved I am.

Jaded, you are one of my special girls! My girls are never jealous of each other are never spiteful to one another. Thank God, they are not immune to the dangers of this world, but they know how to fight, to survive and achieve,

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDIE I HOPE YOU STAY!!!! JOHN YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE DIPLOMATIC VOICE OF REASON AND I RESPECT AND ADMIRE THAT. TENDERPOISON YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH ALOT IN YOUR LIFE AND I PERSONALLY HAVE SEEN THE CHANGES IN YOUR STRENGTH AS A WOMAN THROUGH YOUR WRITING WHICH GETS BETTER AND BETTER AND SOMETIMES BLOWS MY MIND AND LEAVES ME SPEECHLESS. DAH....KEEP ON PUSHING MAN. NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM YOU THE GIFTS THAT YOU HAVE AND THE TALENT YOU HAVE PERFECTED. ARIA....I WISH YOU WOULD COME BACK AND TELL YOU KNOW WHO TO KISS YOUR ASS. HE IS ALL TALK HUN. BUT I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. COUSIN....I JUST LOVE YOUR PURE HEART HONEY......THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SMART ADVICE AND I'M SORRY IF I DIDN'T TAKE IT BUT YOU KNOW SOMETIMES I JUST GOT TO DO THINGS MY OWN WAY AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. ME I WILL NOT EVER BE RUN OFF FROM THIS OR ANY OTHER PLACE I FIND AS POETICLY STIMULATING AS OP. I HOPE IT DOESN'T GO UNDER BUT IF IT DOES I WILL CHOSE TO REMEMBER ONLY THE GOOD AND WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAINT THE GOOD VIBES AND GREAT POETS I HAD TO HONOR OF MEETING HERE. TRUST AND BELIEVE IN THIS, WE WILL RISE ABOVE THE CHAOS ONE BAD APPLE TRIED TO CREATE BECAUSE THE TRUTH ALWAYS HAS A WAY OF COMING OUT AND THE DISTURBED CAN ONLY FAKE FOR A WHILE BEFORE THEY SHOW THE TRUE UGLINESS THAT LIVES INSIDE THEM. HELIOS I DON'T KNOW YOU DEAR, HAVE READ SOME OF YOUR WORK AN ITS EXCEPTIONAL FOR YOUR AGE. YOU DON'T NEED MR NEVES. YOUR TALENT SURPASSED HIS LONG AGO. PEACE LOVE AND POETRY.............JADED
[/b]

Last edited by cousinsoren 02-02-2011 at 09:44:56 AM

02-03-2011 at 10:56:14 AM

RE: RE: To The Original Poetry Site

Quote:

Regrets are what we get.
Millstones around neck,
Caught in a net..
Regrets are what you get
For nursing regret,

(Anonymous)

WORD

COUSIN SAW THIS QUOTE AND THOUGHT OF YOU

True greatness consists in the use of a powerful understanding to enlighten oneself and others.
Voltaire

02-03-2011 at 11:59:58 AM

Quote:

Regrets are what we get.
Millstones around neck,
Caught in a net..
Regrets are what you get
For nursing regret,

(Anonymous)

WORD

COUSIN SAW THIS QUOTE AND THOUGHT OF YOU

True greatness consists in the use of a powerful understanding to enlighten oneself and others.
Voltaire

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

THANKS, Baby,

I love it.
Some thought are priceless,
Only for sharing ,
Worth countless not for sale.,
Millions of dollars.

02-07-2011 at 08:28:26 AM

RE: To The Original Poetry Site / Orion's Churchchild

Well, John, This poem is divinely and beautifully awesome. Is it in the anthology, Beautifire.? How are sales of this anthology? Kudos!

I got to buy my copy soon.

Last edited by cousinsoren 02-07-2011 at 08:38:55 AM

02-07-2011 at 08:34:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Dah,

this blessing from you is icing on the cake.
I have had a great day, good things happn'd all day.
Your Blessing made me smile, from here to Orions Belt.

Thank you.

Churchild of Orions Belt

In the year 2010
She asked, Love me always
As I wielded bars
through the stars
She said, Love me always
As I reached far
for her arms

Come and play,
Churchild of Orion’s Belt
Rise with me
as desire’s felt
As you say,
No need for time
she always tells
my wish in space and wells

I ask, Feel me always
As you feel life’s
pressures deep
I ask, Feel me always
Anytime
confusion seeps

Come and see
our new illuminations
Years in shall be anticipation
Bells ring
on new planets high
Signaling
the love in our time

Rock and awe,
Churchild of Orion’s Belt
You are my magic
in all my spells

As spinning spectacles
burn so hot
Our love on earth
Shall never be forgot

On the year 2187 they read on planet 2
The love of Madelynn and WordSlinger-bet you!Churchild of Orions Belt

\##################################################################
This poem is awesomely and divinely beautiful. I am thinking that there is no greater poet and singer about love than John Wordslinger, in today's world..
#####################################################################

02-07-2011 at 10:11:11 AM

RE: To The Original Poetry Site

I have been a member almost from the very begining of this site, I have seen it weather many a problem, always to survive, the poets here are the best in the world, with a few exceptions, We are here for one purpose, We love to write, we love to share and we love the comments that tell us we are doing a great job/or not, with help only a message away, we can all improve and learn, I count myself fortunate to have such great friends on here . such as dah, jaded, tender, maddie, Word,etc.....For those who left, you will be missed, Some may comeback we hope, For all you that are new welcome, please stay, this is a dispute that should never have had happen, and will not involve you, only the innocent have been hurt, the needs of the many out weigh the stupidity of the few ,or the ONE. that being said, please play nice!!!, As a young man I met a elderly man and his wife, they talked about the old country they came from, they told me of their childhood, and one of their teachers who left a great impression on them. he taught them Math, History and phys. Ed. this teacher abhored War , He respected life, and it saddened him what was happening in his world., this was a man of honor, who would not falsely accuse anyone or blaspheme anyone, Yet because he was a very intelligent man, with a great mind, He had no choice but to help in matters he had no control over, the elderly couple knew this man to be forthright, they showed me pictures of them when they were young adults standing next to their teacher ROMMEL some times History repeats itself/ some times its maligned, So as my last thought here, If you are going to be Great, Be Great, Don't hide behind Greatness and pretend !!!!! PHOENIXsnake

02-07-2011 at 09:22:43 PM

RE: RE: To The Original Poetry Site The Helios Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlusion

The Truth: Because of this deceitful game designed and played-out by Helios and David Neves aka Studly111, I have lost over 30 friends here on OP.downer

I knew that when I was sending those harsh emails to Helios that they were actually aimed at Studly111. I knew something deceitful was being played-out. A lot of my friends didn't believe me and turned their backs on me.downer

Shame on Helios.

Shame on Studly111
SHAME ON YOU, YOU DESPOTIC, ABUSIVE FRAUD!!! YOU LIE!!! YOU DID NOT CARE IF YOU WERE ATTACKING A 16 YEAR OLD BOY, BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY ATTACK THOSE YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT...THAT'S WHY YOU HATE ME, YOU COWARD!!!! HERE, MEET ME ON SKYPE david.neves3 THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I AM CHALLENGING YOU, YOU VAGINAL DISCHARGE! I FUCKING COMMAND YOU, YOU FUCKING DOG, MEET ME ON SKYPE, NOW,YOU PUSSY!

02-08-2011 at 05:03:49 AM

RE: To The Original Poetry Site The Helios Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldmarschal

Originally Posted by dahlusion

The Truth: Because of this deceitful game designed and played-out by Helios and David Neves aka Studly111, I have lost over 30 friends here on OP.downer

I knew that when I was sending those harsh emails to Helios that they were actually aimed at Studly111. I knew something deceitful was being played-out. A lot of my friends didn't believe me and turned their backs on me.downer

Shame on Helios.

Shame on Studly111
No, rather, shame on you, David A Helmer! I am about to expose you for the liar that you are! It is NOT true that you "actually aimed at Studly111..." Oh no, you're not going to get away with that at all, for here is the first letter that you sent to Helios, on October 21, 2010. There is no doubt at all that your "target" was a sixteen year old boy. You are a sick, twisted, abusive, small, revolting, manipulative, pitiful excuse for a man child! What "crime" was he alleged to have committed? What possible "conspiracy" are we alleged to have perpetrated? Posting critique? On a POETRY web site? On a Forum entitled "critique my poetry"? Does a disappointing critique warrant a blantant personal attack? Which is the actual violation of Forum rules; to post a valid and honest critique of a controversial yet publicly posted poem, or to viciously attack the teen aged poet who made the critique? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!??? YOU TRUST DAHLUSION??? YOU LABEL ME AS "MENTALLY ILL"? WHERE'S THE "MD" NEXT TO YOUR NAME? I have news for all of you assholes; that includes Elayne, Tammy Jo, John, all of your morons; I have seen better examples of creative writing on this thread than I EVER have in any of your posted poems! WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS!!! Anyway; here is the Helios letter from Dahlusion, CLEARLY SHOWING WHAT A LIAR David A (Dahlusional, Yoga Boy Gumby) Helmer has turned out to be.:

In Forum, you have opened a can of dead worms, and it's my pleasure to watch you swallow each one while turning green at the gills.

You are a Smug Ass just like this other Dumb Ass [or, maybe, the same Dumb Ass] who tried to destroy the power of this poem while attempting to belittle me as a poet.

Aria and Kah have publicly busted your ego and all I had to do is stand by and watch it happen.

Good job Smug Ass !

Now delete my poem in Forum or I'll have OP Admin clean up after you and change your diapers too.

Clearly this also shows collusion between papa pussy and dahlusion, so THIS is what has killed OP-enabling losers like jezzabitch and Gumby to play their little control games, and to suppress anyone who interferes with the "twilight zone" that they have created! Anybody who trusts dahlusion and takes sides against me after this, is a bigot and a probably a racist. There is no reason why the likes of artie, dano, suspence, hipporlaking, phoenix9, jademelissa1974, aggieprof, (among many others) should be automatically taking sides against me after all the hard work and positive encouragement I have provided to the poets on this site, other than the fact that they are bigots and phoneys. It is not about the poetry anymore-it is about a secret little society that needs to be exposed to the light of day as an anti poetry, anti intellectual scam. I will go into further detail (perhaps) on another posting.

Last edited by feldmarschal 02-08-2011 at 05:05:19 AM

02-10-2011 at 11:28:40 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: To The Original Poetry Site

Quote:

Jaded you are one of my special girls! My girls are never jealous of each other are never spiteful to one another. Thank God, they are not immune to the dangers of this world, but they know how to fight, to survive and achieve,

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!

[/b]

You're too old for this shit, OREN. You should start acting your age and just stick to poetry, instead of getting involved in all of this partisan bullshit. You should act your age, and commensurate with your wisdom garned from your age, and have the courage to find your own identity, and just stick to poetry, because you are a fine poet. It hurts me that you haven't the courage to seperate yourself from this "goonsquad" that is trying to pass itself off as a "family" or "community". Why don't you put it to the test; see what will happen if you give your friend dahlusion a critique that he disagrees with. Try disagreeing with any member of your supposed "family" See what happens. See my point? You hurt me very deeply, Oren.

02-11-2011 at 06:34:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios

In this time of reflection, I have returned on the eve of such change to share with my fellow friends. In the brief time I was present; I shared some poems, made some friends, and grew up with the site. Those are the memories a person should take with them. I must say that I do not want this website to close or close with only negative memories. Mistakes have been made and we should move forward with a positive attitude and forgiveness. I apologize for causing some headaches before leaving [laugh], but I have not returned to condemn anyone only to promote the original purpose of which this site was created. I must take this opportunity to thank everyone who either wrote a poem or commented on my behalf. A phrase attributed to Voltaire states “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”; I believe in these times, we should take this attitude to our heart and poetry. I have written some verses during my time here, made some friends there, and learned poetic lessons from all. In the course of this website, we have seen many poets and poetesses come and go, yet Original Poetry remains home to a group of proud poets who banded together as a community; and they [we] should end the day with pride. It is in the end that everyone “returns”, either in spirit or in person, to seek the meaning of Original Poetry. Nothing is permanent, so let the poetry, friendship, and the mutual affection we shared be our legacy. I just wanted to end by saying that even if this site does shut down, remember that everyone here was part of something greater than themselves: poetry. God bless everyone here… and if we have a chance to meet again, it would be an honor.
I just got back to find many poets have left this sight. What a shame.I left because my ill mother was passing and needed me. We as poets are like family and should talk about problems doing our best to solve them.God has given us so much talent splendly to share with others. We all have our own way.I personaly will miss all of you and hope problom solving can resolve any issues.God bless each and everyone of you.It would be sad for those who really have enjoyed this sight.There is power in prayer, pull together make it work.Many people need this sight(.Make new rules if needed.) We have the right to read or not read. God bless you all.Invite others back with peice and love. Make it work. wink

02-12-2011 at 12:54:45 PM

It is important to boil all of this down to its basic premise: and that is that dahlusion cannot tolerate any criticism that he perceives as "demeaning", no matter how specific or constructive it may be, and that he tries to punish those who "dare" criticize him, like he is doing right now to 16 year old Helios, sending him the most hateful emails viciously attacking me. I have repeatedly offered to meet him on skype, but he has ignored my demands. This extreme reaction to negative criticism is NOT without precedent, as the following piece will show. I know this to be true in my own life, where dissapointing criticsm and rejection caused me to completely stop writing for almost a ten year period, so I know what it feels like. It must be addressed. It must be dealth with.

Criticism is of two kinds: praise and condemnation: approval or reproval. So many people have told me to ignore negative criticism. If only it were that easy. There are very few of us whose lives have not been deeply affected by negative criticism. Thomas Hardy stopped writing novels after Jude the Obscure was badly received by the critics. He had over 30 years' work left in him so the critics deprived the world of many great novels. John Keats was silenced by his critics and died believing himself a failure.

There may be a good reason for the profound effect of criticism. Mankind evolved in relatively small communities. The civilisation of the last 10,000 years has made hardly any difference to our DNA: the motivations which evolved before that still influence our daily lives, even though many of them are no longer relevant. Our deep response to negative criticism is, I suggest, a remnant of these primordial instincts. In primitive times being considered useless might be fatal. "I am a tainted wether of the flock, meetest for death: the weakest kind of fruit drops earliest to the ground." -The Merchant of Venice. Act iv. Sc. 1. Who would want to be chosen for sacrifice or considered to be worth more as a source of protein?

Before there was law, social justice was based on honour. In some lawless communities, such as the inner-city gangs it still is: in such societies it is distinctly unhealthy to be unpopular. Whole societies have been based on manners, etiquette and honour. Alexander Pushkin fought 29 duels and was eventually killed at the age of 39 defending his wife's honour - and, by all accounts, it wasn't worth defending. In such duelling societies the critic had to consider whether his target might be a better swordsman or a better marksman.

Manners or etiquette were codes of social conduct designed to prevent the hurt disapprobation gave to others. In modern society -- particularly in Britain -- this has become inverted: politeness is now considered offensive whereas familiarity and insults between mates are a sign of affection.

This Internet age has given rise to the critical sniper - and snipers have always been the most despised of soldiers. The Internet critic is foulmouthed and illiterate - he hides behind a cloak of anonymity, he offers no products of his own making. The insults he issues have a playground quality. He says to others what was once said to him, believing that they will feel the same hurt as he did - and still does. And somehow this will compensate him. The abused has been sold on the benefit of becoming the abuser.

The only criticism that is valuable to others reflects universal truth, it is not merely an expression of the inner conflict of the critic, and needs must be practised by those most qualified and most altruistic. Negative criticism is often nothing more than boasting in disguise and, like most boasting, is just an outward manifestation of inner feelings of inferiority.

02-12-2011 at 03:42:34 PM

QUOTE WORDS OF DAVID NEVES

This Internet age has given rise to the critical sniper - and snipers have always been the most despised of soldiers. The Internet critic is foulmouthed and illiterate - he hides behind a cloak of anonymity, he offers no products of his own making. The insults he issues have a playground quality. He says to others what was once said to him, believing that they will feel the same hurt as he did - and still does. And somehow this will compensate him. The abused has been sold on the benefit of becoming the abuser.

DAVID I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR WAY TO THE TRUTH OF WHO YOU ARE. TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN AND I'M SURE IT TOOK MUCH SOUL SEARCHING TO COME TO THIS......BRAVO!!!!!!!!

02-12-2011 at 03:42:53 PM

DAVID I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR WAY TO THE TRUTH OF WHO YOU ARE. TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN AND I'M SURE IT TOOK MUCH SOUL SEARCHING TO COME TO THIS......BRAVO!!!!!!!!kiss

02-12-2011 at 09:06:35 PM

Quote:

DAVID I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR WAY TO THE TRUTH OF WHO YOU ARE. TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN AND I'M SURE IT TOOK MUCH SOUL SEARCHING TO COME TO THIS......BRAVO!!!!!!!!kiss
IT IS YOU WHO STARTED IT ALL BY POSTING MY PRIVATE INFORMATION ON AN ATTACK-A VICIOUS GRATUITOUS ATTACK! YOU STARTED IT, AND HAD NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO ATTACK ME OTHER THAN YOU ARE A RACIST AND A BIGOT. WHAT'S THE MATTER, I'M NOT "WHITE ENOUGH" FOR YOU? kEEP SHOWING YOUR STUPIDITY, THE SNIPER IS YOU, AND YOU KNOW IT. I NEVER SEEN ANYONE MISUSE AND PERVERT LANGUAGE TO THE DEGREE THAT YOU ROUTINELY PRACTICE. YOU MADE THAT CLEAR IN ATTACKING MY AGE, MY CLASSIC INFLUENCES, MY POETRY, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO ATTACK ME OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A BIGOT AND A RACIST...THAT IS ALREADY WELL DOCUMENTED. i WOULDN;T CARE IF YOU BLEW THE ENTIRE "RAINBOW COALITION" DURING NATIONAL BROTHERHOOD WEEK! YOU LACK THE MORAL COMPASS TO RECOGNIZE IN YOURSELF WHAT YOU, IN FACT, CONDEMN IN OTHERS (AND QUITE SELECTIVELY, I MIGHT ADD) SO WHY DON'T YOU TELL US WHAT YOU DO DURING THE DAY? WHY YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BE AVAILABLE TO POST YOUR LIES? ARE YOU ON WELFARE, EVEN THOUGH YOU CONDEMN "WELFARE MOTHERS" IN THAT STUPID POEM YOU WROTE? THAT WOULD BE CONSISTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, THUS FAR! I CAN'T TELL WHETHER YOU ARE MORE STUPID OR MORE EVIL, I DON'T KNOW WHICH, BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE, YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR POETRY!

Last edited by feldmarschal 02-12-2011 at 09:11:53 PM

02-14-2011 at 04:23:41 AM

during the day i sleep....because i work all night. and if you had one ounce of intelligence, you would have read and understood what message i was sending with that poem. but you chose to take the part of something you can exploit to serve your purpose or to add value to your twisted point of view and leave the rest. anything i have written to you has been in defense of myself, my friends or my poetry. you have engaged in slanderous activity. you have accused me of being a crack addicted hooker, a racist, a bigot and god knows what else. you have bashed my sexuality, my womanhood and my worth as a person and a poet. you have tried to shove down the throats of others what poetry is. what you don't get is that poetry and what it is is subjective to each person. it may be this to this person and that to that person. i use to to express what i have a hard time saying out loud....its real life for me.....i chose to write about my reality. nothing more or less. if you or some one else choses to write differently then that is thier right as a person to write however they wish to write. i don't have to like it and it doesn't have to be relevant to me to have merit. because i chose to write about real life my poetry is not always pretty as life is not all wine and roses. there are ugly things in the world....in my reality i just call it how i see it.....and your 15 min are over. i've given this and you all the energy i am going to give you. you are a sick twisted old man with some real mental issues and i hope you get the help you need before you really go off the deep end and cause someone real damage.

02-14-2011 at 04:23:52 AM

during the day i sleep....because i work all night. and if you had one ounce of intelligence, you would have read and understood what message i was sending with that poem. but you chose to take the part of something you can exploit to serve your purpose or to add value to your twisted point of view and leave the rest. anything i have written to you has been in defense of myself, my friends or my poetry. you have engaged in slanderous activity. you have accused me of being a crack addicted hooker, a racist, a bigot and god knows what else. you have bashed my sexuality, my womanhood and my worth as a person and a poet. you have tried to shove down the throats of others what poetry is. what you don't get is that poetry and what it is is subjective to each person. it may be this to this person and that to that person. i use to to express what i have a hard time saying out loud....its real life for me.....i chose to write about my reality. nothing more or less. if you or some one else choses to write differently then that is thier right as a person to write however they wish to write. i don't have to like it and it doesn't have to be relevant to me to have merit. because i chose to write about real life my poetry is not always pretty as life is not all wine and roses. there are ugly things in the world....in my reality i just call it how i see it.....and your 15 min are over. i've given this and you all the energy i am going to give you. you are a sick twisted old man with some real mental issues and i hope you get the help you need before you really go off the deep end and cause someone real damage.

02-14-2011 at 04:24:00 AM

02-21-2011 at 05:54:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios

In this time of reflection, I have returned on the eve of such change to share with my fellow friends. In the brief time I was present; I shared some poems, made some friends, and grew up with the site. Those are the memories a person should take with them. I must say that I do not want this website to close or close with only negative memories. Mistakes have been made and we should move forward with a positive attitude and forgiveness. I apologize for causing some headaches before leaving [laugh], but I have not returned to condemn anyone only to promote the original purpose of which this site was created. I must take this opportunity to thank everyone who either wrote a poem or commented on my behalf. A phrase attributed to Voltaire states “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”; I believe in these times, we should take this attitude to our heart and poetry. I have written some verses during my time here, made some friends there, and learned poetic lessons from all. In the course of this website, we have seen many poets and poetesses come and go, yet Original Poetry remains home to a group of proud poets who banded together as a community; and they [we] should end the day with pride. It is in the end that everyone “returns”, either in spirit or in person, to seek the meaning of Original Poetry. Nothing is permanent, so let the poetry, friendship, and the mutual affection we shared be our legacy. I just wanted to end by saying that even if this site does shut down, remember that everyone here was part of something greater than themselves: poetry. God bless everyone here… and if we have a chance to meet again, it would be an honor.
We as poets need to get along trying to understand without judging others.Untill we have walked a mile in the other persons shoes, we have no concept of what life has been for them.(In general ) I personally will miss the many poets who are leaving and would be the first person to invite them back.We misss them. Over ride over look forgive and think problem solving to make it work. Life is to short to be angry.There are so many talented poets on this site I have had the opprotunity to know. Thank you for sharing your poems and friendship.( You can do itwink We as a team can do it to make it work. Thumbs up for the team!!!grinsmilegrin

02-21-2011 at 06:11:46 PM

Quote:

We all have our own way to write. One way only certainly would be boring. You write the way you feel as do others. We can't all write the same but I believe we should be kind and not over judgemental.Life isn.t perfect we can only do our best. Keep on writing poems.It is a learning process as we go, in return makes us good. Wth the knowlege we have picked up along the way..Someday you or another may become a great poet people may remember forever.You will remember this experience with the grace you have been given.smilegrin

02-21-2011 at 11:38:39 PM

THANK YOU BETTY

02-21-2011 at 11:38:53 PM

THANK YOU BETTY

02-21-2011 at 11:38:54 PM

THANK YOU BETTY

02-21-2011 at 11:38:56 PM

THANK YOU BETTY

Poetry is what gets lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.