Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

11-27-2010 at 03:44:42 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE: Site Function Problems

Papa, I cannot seem to get into chat anymore. The page won't load. I've been trying for 3 days now...

11-28-2010 at 07:28:47 PM

I've sent a fr to someone . she sent me an inbox asking for me to send her one. I'm no longer seeing the option to add her and vice versa but we are not connected, Any help would be greatly appreciated

11-29-2010 at 09:28:28 AM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah

Papa, I cannot seem to get into chat anymore. The page won't load. I've been trying for 3 days now...

Sorry about that. It crashed over the weekend. I have it all fixed now.

-Papa Paczki

11-29-2010 at 09:53:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaM

I've sent a fr to someone . she sent me an inbox asking for me to send her one. I'm no longer seeing the option to add her and vice versa but we are not connected, Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you send me a private message message with their username? I can fix this.

-Papa Paczki

11-29-2010 at 09:56:03 AM

Yes I will do that now thank you so much

11-29-2010 at 02:01:15 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Thanks, papa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

Originally Posted by kah

-Papa Paczki

11-29-2010 at 02:02:02 PM
  • kah
  • kah

Thanks, papa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kah

-Papa Paczki

11-29-2010 at 05:55:20 PM

Papa I am still not receiving anything by email and it isn't going into my spam folder and my email on my profile is up to date I'm just wondering if there are any updates about this?

I am not receiving email alerts when I receive a pm, poem comment or replies to a forum post I have edited and changed nothing about my email so if you are able to Papa I would appreciate your help.

12-02-2010 at 12:37:34 PM

hello.
I am quite upset as I just realized that several of my poems that I have written, have vanished from the site? I have just submitted a new poem entitled..
"and then there was you". spent the better part of my morning doing so, and submitted it, only to have it disappear? i did not save it as a draft, and now it is lost!
I could try to re-create, but alas, the words are eluding me.
this is very upsetting. my bio says I have written 69 poems, but in actuality, there are quite a few more! Is there a way to prevent this? should i always save as a draft?
I never did so before, and should I now have to save all the poems of mine, and my fellow poets onto a disk? this kind of stinks! please please please let me know what the problem is, and what can be done to prevent this?
I shall now write something short, and submit it, just to see if it happens again?
I do so appreciate any feedback.
sincerely, Foreverpoet~confused

12-02-2010 at 12:39:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverPoet

hello.
I am quite upset as I just realized that several of my poems that I have written, have vanished from the site? I have just submitted a new poem entitled..
"and then there was you". spent the better part of my morning doing so, and submitted it, only to have it disappear? i did not save it as a draft, and now it is lost!
this is very upsetting. my bio says I have written 69 poems, but in actuality, there are quite a few more! Is there a way to prevent this? should i always save as a draft?
I never did so before, and should I now have to save all the poems of mine, and my fellow poets onto a disk? this kind of stinks! please please please let me know what the problem is, and what can be done to prevent this?
I shall now write something short, and submit it, just to see if it happens again?

I'd save a copy on your PC before you post it to the web site just to be sure.

This is happening to quite a few people lately, and I'm trying to narrow the issue down.

Who else is having this trouble?

-Papa Paczki

12-02-2010 at 01:21:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverPoet

hello.

I'd save a copy on your PC before you post it to the web site just to be sure.

This is happening to quite a few people lately, and I'm trying to narrow the issue down.

Who else is having this trouble?

-Papa Paczki

Oh my that is terrible that you lost poems....This is the very reason why I keep copies of all my work and I get my copyright from myfreecopyright.com before I post them to any website......It pays to be safe with your hard work......I hope papa can find them for you.......blessings dear.....love asha

12-02-2010 at 01:56:13 PM
  • kah
  • kah

foreverpoet -

I always always save my work on my PC, print a hardcopy, and back up my files regularly.

It stinks to lose a piece of work you've spent time and effort on.

Hopefully Papa can fix the problem.

kah

12-02-2010 at 01:57:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah

foreverpoet -

I always always save my work on my PC, print a hardcopy, and back up my files regularly.

It stinks to lose a piece of work you've spent time and effort on.

Hopefully Papa can fix the problem.

kah

This is good advice for now. I can't even reproduce the problem right now.

-Papa Paczki

12-02-2010 at 05:21:38 PM

A friend of mine that I attend a poetry workshop with had his PC crash and he had nothing backed up. I PRINT on hardcopy every poem I write, whether I hand write first, then I type it and immediately print it. That way no matter what happens you have the copy to retype it from. I know ink can get costly, but the frustration I would have losing my work is certainly worth buying ink... Oh and my friend started using GOOGLE as a word processing instrument and saved all his poems on their site. I don't do that cause I usually handwrite poems and as I already said, I always type and print a copy after.
ginga

Last edited by ginga 12-02-2010 at 05:24:35 PM

12-02-2010 at 10:28:09 PM

papa i am not geting any of notices from op... i have had a couple of comments today as well as a couple of pm that did not come through to my email... i checked and there is nothing in spam either...

12-02-2010 at 10:48:28 PM
  • poetunknown
  • poetunknown

the same for me nothing from OP is coming through....
I have yahoo mail if it makes any difference

12-02-2010 at 11:18:20 PM

i also have yahoo mail

12-02-2010 at 11:53:39 PM

I have hotmail and get nothing

12-03-2010 at 02:04:34 AM

I`m not getting the notices from OP again
I have yahoo@.com

12-03-2010 at 02:59:47 AM

I just spent 3 hours working on a piece called "The Orbit Letters" and the piece got recorded by I don't know who? and then I got booted off the site,Someone is playing Games.Since I've been back My computor seems to look like its being hacked now twice.Sorry to bother You Papa. but something is wrong.

12-03-2010 at 09:02:09 AM

None of my email notifications are coming thru, either. Sorry Papa... but it's happening again. I'm on yahoo.

Thanks so much smile

12-03-2010 at 09:28:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindNumbing

None of my email notifications are coming thru, either. Sorry Papa... but it's happening again. I'm on yahoo.

Thanks so much smile

Ok, I'll get on it. Thanks for letting me know.

-Papa Paczki

12-03-2010 at 09:48:24 AM

me too papa, I am not getting any notices in my yahoo mail....it started late yesterday........love asha

12-04-2010 at 03:01:55 PM

hey papa, any news yet on getting this new email problem fixed. wonder if this sprang up while you all were fixing another problem. I am still not getting any notices at all in my yahoo mail.......wishes you well papa.......hope the team can figure it out......love asha

12-05-2010 at 10:59:22 AM

Me too Papa no OP e-mail is coming to my Yahoo account. Hope it's as easy fix. Ty
ginga

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.