Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

12-08-2010 at 07:52:47 PM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos128

Originally Posted by Kanicki

Asha - I called Yahoo today and sent them an email within two minutes of them receiving my email and call; I received 35 OP emails. As I'm typing this, the emails continue to flow from OP, over 40 messages within a 10 minute period.

I believe Yaboo is releasing the block but will not know for certain; they said, they would respond within 24 hrs. However, they did release my block, I did nothing different on my end.

I'm telling ya, immediately as soon as I got off the phone with them and they received my email, my emails from OP starting flowing and my BlackBerry ..has been dinging like crazy.

I'll be happy to send you a copy of the email I sent them.

I have a suggestion, do what I did, go to abuse.yahoo.com or press on help and click on abuse...send them an email and they will probably release the block, my hope is that release the block they placed on OP for all.

Yabootongue rolleyetongue laughconfusedshut eyehmmmmadangry

Yahoo has just let all my OP.com mail through. Ha ha K said frog and they JUMPED : D

Hey Chaos - frog...F. forever - R. rely - O. on - G. God...it's takes a great leap of faith and believing that we can resolve whatever need be with a little peace, love and light...we can resolve most of our problems and concerns....if not we shall slay them with our pens; but I don't know...I can't write poetry worth a darn...so I'll have to borrow from your inviting poetic charm...LOL...so grab your pen now your armed....if the emails don't continue to flow - will have to send another request to the funny farm--yahooooo

12-08-2010 at 08:00:48 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Asha - I called Yahoo today and sent them an email within two minutes of them receiving my email and call; I received 35 OP emails. As I'm typing this, the emails continue to flow from OP, over 40 messages within a 10 minute period.

I believe Yaboo is releasing the block but will not know for certain; they said, they would respond within 24 hrs. However, they did release my block, I did nothing different on my end.

I'm telling ya, immediately as soon as I got off the phone with them and they received my email, my emails from OP starting flowing and my BlackBerry ..has been dinging like crazy.

I have a suggestion, do what I did, go to abuse.yahoo.com or press on help and click on abuse...send them an email and they will probably release the block, my hope is that release the block they placed on OP for all.

Yahoo has just let all my OP.com mail through. Ha ha K said frog and they JUMPED : D

Hey Chaos - frog...F. forever - R. rely - O. on - G. God...it's takes a great leap of faith and believing that we can resolve whatever need be with a little peace, love and light...we can resolve most of our problems and concerns....if not we shall slay them with our pens; but I don't know...I can't write poetry worth a darn...so I'll have to borrow from your inviting poetic charm...LOL...so grab your pen now your armed....if the emails don't continue to flow - will have to send another request to the funny farm--yahooooo

wink

12-08-2010 at 08:04:21 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Hey Chaos - frog...F. forever - R. rely - O. on - G. God...it's takes a great leap of faith and believing that we can resolve whatever need be with a little peace, love and light...we can resolve most of our problems and concerns....if not we shall slay them with our pens; but I don't know...I can't write poetry worth a darn...so I'll have to borrow from your inviting poetic charm...LOL...so grab your pen now you're armed....if the emails don't continue to flow - we'll have to send another request to the funny farm--yahooooo

wink

12-08-2010 at 08:06:01 PM

RE: Site Function Problems

All Caught Up With My E-mailscool hmmcool smilecool smirk

12-08-2010 at 08:16:04 PM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfootlady

All Caught Up With My E-mailscool hmmcool smilecool smirk

Are you receiving your OP emails? Do you have Yahoo? Well let's hope it was a combo of work from OP and Yahoo.

Peace, Love and Light,
Kgrin

12-08-2010 at 09:08:59 PM

Quote:

cool dear hon, yea I would like a copy of that letter.......and the addy of theres you sent it too....love asha

12-08-2010 at 09:11:17 PM

OMG......well don't think I will need that letter after all dear....Papa I guess you got through to them or they got my message one.........I know have 234 messages from OP just came through.............geezeeeee...buried in mail for a week.........lol........thanks love asha

12-08-2010 at 09:12:14 PM

ahhhhhhhhh.....scratch that.......make it 1,113 messages.........falls in floor

12-08-2010 at 09:14:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaqRasgirl

cool dear hon, yea I would like a copy of that letter.......and the addy of theres you sent it too....love asha

Asha pm me with the email you would like me to send it to. I will be happy to forward it on. Love Kanicki

12-08-2010 at 09:17:33 PM

Quote:

Asha are you receiving your messages now? over 1000? If I understand your post?

12-08-2010 at 09:19:33 PM

Quote:

Yep and growing...........grrrgrrrgrrrgrrrgrrr

12-08-2010 at 09:25:44 PM

Quote:

Wow.. yah, they wrote me saying they adjusted the system. I guess that means its fixed.

Does anyone have live.com or yahoo and can verify that's working?

-Papa Paczki

12-08-2010 at 09:26:58 PM

Quote:

Asha I'm delighted to learn your emails are flowing insmile Wow, you have a big fan club! Wow, you have a lot of catching to do.

I think papa, OP and other combined efforts finally resolved this issue...thank goodness.

Now my concern with everyone receiving back-logs of emails that it may overwhelmed the OP site....let's hope not. Lots of folks will be busy on the site playing catch-up.

Asha, hope I was able to assist you in anyway; you are always the one reaching out with your helpful giving heart ready to help anyone at a moments notice...and we love you for that and more...get busy babe...you have a lot of work to do...LOL.

Love ya
K

grincheesegrin

12-08-2010 at 10:05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

Wow.. yah, they wrote me saying they adjusted the system. I guess that means its fixed.

-Papa Paczki

mine is yahoo and its working

12-08-2010 at 11:03:30 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by papapaczki

-Papa Paczki

mine is yahoo and its working

Hello Papa - yes Yahoo appears to have made some adjustments and at least a half dozens folks I know are receiving their Yahoo OP emails now.

Peace Papa...LOL

12-08-2010 at 11:13:35 PM

hello poets. I can see that there have been some very upsetting "glitches" in OP. I have posted mine last week, and brought it to the attention of those in charge. thank you.
but i now notice that, whenever someone posts to the forum, I am getting swamped with e-mails. just in the past 24 hours I have recieved around 20-25 e-mails, directing me to the forums? this has never happened before. I do like to read my fellow poets laments, but i don't want to get an e-mail each time one is posted?
I fear for the beauty of this great site. Has it been hacked? I have never recieved e-mails from the forums before, usually only e-mails letting me know that there is a comment
in a thread i am involved in, or to read about the weeks winner. Is this just me? Or is anyone else having this problems also? I know Yahoo has some major issues too, but Im hoping OP can resolve the ones posted here.
sincerely, Foreverpoet.confused

12-08-2010 at 11:25:38 PM

ForeverPoet, The email provider, Yahoo had been blocking the site and just recently released the block so all the back up email for the last week or so flooded us all. As to form notices, they came too and poor Asha had over 1300 emails released all at once; me not so bad, just over 150 or so. if you do not want to follow a forum anymore or just want to check in every once in a while just go to the top of the forum you have subscribed to and click "Stop following". Also hotmail block the site and I am not aware if they have released the block or not. Gmail was not affected and i have switched to it for OP email, this was not the first time I had problems with Yahoo piling up OP email and then releasing them at once but never this long of a period.

Love, peace and freedom, Olan.

12-09-2010 at 12:26:02 AM

receiving messages now, on my yahoo email LOLsmile
Thanks Papawinkexcaim

12-09-2010 at 01:09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olan01

ForeverPoet, The email provider, Yahoo had been blocking the site and just recently released the block so all the back up email for the last week or so flooded us all. As to form notices, they came too and poor Asha had over 1300 emails released all at once; me not so bad, just over 150 or so. if you do not want to follow a forum anymore or just want to check in every once in a while just go to the top of the forum you have subscribed to and click "Stop following". Also hotmail block the site and I am not aware if they have released the block or not. Gmail was not affected and i have switched to it for OP email, this was not the first time I had problems with Yahoo piling up OP email and then releasing them at once but never this long of a period.

I have hotmail and have received nothing so I believe they have not lifted the block

Last edited by thecross 12-09-2010 at 01:09:47 AM

12-09-2010 at 10:00:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecross

Originally Posted by Olan01

I have hotmail and have received nothing so I believe they have not lifted the block

Thanks, I setup a hotmail account and cannot either. Yesterday they asked me for 48 hours.... so I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to follow up....

-Papa Paczki

12-10-2010 at 12:00:43 PM

Hotmail people....

I talked to Microsoft again, and its not blocked, its being rejected by their spam filters. I had to join some junk mail haters club they have going on to prove we're worthy. lol

Something you can do...

Add 'noreply@originalpoetry.com' and 'support@originalpoetry.com' to your address book. This should have some influence on their system as well.

Thanks!

-Papa Paczki

12-10-2010 at 04:19:00 PM

I added the two email addresses papa and hopefully your new community welcomed you with open arms grin

update since I added the email addresses to my contacts I am now receiving emails from op and a little bonus is I didn't get swamped with emails like the yahoo users did smile

Last edited by thecross 12-10-2010 at 06:31:53 PM

12-10-2010 at 08:51:01 PM

A Special Thank You to You, Papa Paczki,
for all of your patience and your time with this email problem...

I didn't like the gmail system and switched back to yahoo; and the multitude of OP emails was interesting....

I like that the yahoo emails are working with OP again...

12-10-2010 at 08:54:05 PM

Hello Papa,It's All For The Children.winksmilered faceLove Always,CHURV

12-13-2010 at 11:42:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecross

I added the two email addresses papa and hopefully your new community welcomed you with open arms grin

update since I added the email addresses to my contacts I am now receiving emails from op and a little bonus is I didn't get swamped with emails like the yahoo users did smile

we're finally unblocked with live.com, however, I noticed it went to my spam box. I was able to click on "Make it safe" and they now come thru ok.

Are you seeing any?

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA