Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

12-05-2010 at 10:59:25 AM

RE: Site Function Problems

Me too Papa no OP e-mail is coming to my Yahoo account. Hope it's as easy fix. Ty
ginga

12-05-2010 at 07:25:04 PM

Me, too, smile; add me to the list of @yahoo.com who are not receiving email notifications. It happens every now and then but this has been the longest period of no notifications. Eh, sorry to add to your woes on this matter. Love, peace and freeedom, Olan.

12-05-2010 at 08:22:34 PM
  • kah
  • kah

Ditto - and I'm a yahoo acct too!

Hope you had a good weekend smile

12-06-2010 at 10:55:52 AM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah

Ditto - and I'm a yahoo acct too!

Hope you had a good weekend smile

Yahoo blacklisted us. They think we were spamming. We're trying to explain to them that we didn't, but its a process. We'll have this fixed ASAP.

-Papa Paczki

12-07-2010 at 10:02:35 AM

Yahoo update.... I've been swapping e-mails with them finally. Hope to have it cleared up soon.

-Papa Paczki

12-07-2010 at 10:05:22 AM

geeze, yahoo can be so stupid at times......can't they tell that the emails are going to the members of this site......or however it works........I am about fed up with them and thinking on changing to gmail altogether...........thanks papa for all your work, I know these problems can be a pain sometimes........love ashagrrrgrrrcool grincool grin

12-07-2010 at 10:07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaqRasgirl

geeze, yahoo can be so stupid at times......can't they tell that the emails are going to the members of this site......or however it works........I am about fed up with them and thinking on changing to gmail altogether...........thanks papa for all your work, I know these problems can be a pain sometimes........love ashagrrrgrrrcool grincool grin

No problem. And yes they are! i would love it if everyone all of the sudden had gmail accounts from an admin perspective. They are REALLY easy to work with.

-Papa Paczki

12-07-2010 at 01:01:18 PM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

No problem. And yes they are! i would love it if everyone all of the sudden had gmail accounts from an admin perspective. They are REALLY easy to work with.

-Papa Paczki

I use gmail and have had no issues at all

12-07-2010 at 01:47:14 PM

Papa,

I have changed my profile over to my Gmail account and hopefully that will help me receive my notifications. Love, peace and freedom, Olan.

12-07-2010 at 04:41:23 PM

What about hotmail?

12-07-2010 at 04:45:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecross

What about hotmail?

I just noticed that one was still blocked as well. I have no clue why these companies have to be so hard to deal with. They just simply won't listen. I'll keep trying.

-Papa Paczki

12-07-2010 at 06:48:27 PM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecross

What about hotmail?

I just noticed that one was still blocked as well. I have no clue why these companies have to be so hard to deal with. They just simply won't listen. I'll keep trying.

-Papa Paczki

Thank you papa for your effort it is very much appreciated

12-07-2010 at 09:56:05 PM

This has happened before, but now it seems permanent......I haven't
had any notices having to do with originalpoetry for a few days now in
my Yahoo mail inbox. I also have this message coming up saying that
OP is trying to access my account.....I have to click "NO" about 20
times to get it out of the way, and then when I go to another page here,
it comes up again. I don't know if it's OP or just a virus that has infected
my computer..................................................gogant

blank stare

12-07-2010 at 10:09:18 PM

I have gotten a java virus many times, when I have yahoo open wndows with OP open. Ms Kanicki pm'd me saying her black berry gets texts from OP, so there is something wrong, she's really freaked out about it.

12-08-2010 at 12:27:17 AM

Are we doomed ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

I have gotten a java virus many times, when I have yahoo open wndows with OP open. Ms Kanicki pm'd me saying her black berry gets texts from OP, so there is something wrong, she's really freaked out about it.

12-08-2010 at 01:00:52 AM

Why is yahoo blocking OP? I have some concerns and not sure where to post them? I have not been receiving lots of my OP mail and I was informed by a friend today that Yahoo has blocked OP.

I have more concerns about security and wonder where I should post them?

I would appreciate if someone could pm me in authority on this site so I can inform them of some concerns regarding the block by Yahoo.

Thank you.

12-08-2010 at 01:03:17 AM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaM

-Papa Paczki

I use gmail and have had no issues at all

12-08-2010 at 01:32:21 AM

Yahoo may have been victimized too; and their response by blocking OP was not a smart move. Instead they should have attempted to resolve the issue and find out who may have been breaching their security.

Did it ever dawn on anybody that the providers that yahoo users maybe switching to may have been the ones causing havoc to steal yahoo users away, Hum Yahoo probably didn't even consider this, instead they just went ahead and blocked OP.

I too noticed once I began accessing OP from my BB I starting receiving lots of spam texts too.

I have had several issues lately, I email about a half dozen friend members of OP, from my yahoo email; then I starting receiving spam emails from names I recognized...familiar OP friend's names...it appeared the emails were coming from them, only to open them and the emails be spam, so I would forwarded one of the emails on to the person I believe sent it...and my OP friend said, it was not from him and he had several folks with the same concern.

Apparently not only are cookies being tracked but addresses are being tracked and/or addess books are being read; then the information from them is being used to send spam at the very least. These spam-worms are sending emails out by names that are familiar so the receiver opens it because the name is familiar...this is concerning.

Too, another issue, I was purchasing something off the net, one was a pair of shoes, soon after I went on the OP site and at the top left hand of the page where the ads appear, the exact pair of shoes I purchased over the net was displayed in the advertisment. This happen twice with two different purchases.

These issues are of concern. I'm not sure where the breach of security is but I hope it is resolved.

I would appreciate any feedback. In the meantime, I'll contact Yaboo...LOL to see if they can offer an explaination and at least one for blocking OP without notice.

peace, love and light

12-08-2010 at 01:40:09 AM

Just to add a side note Yahoo seems to be having an issue with it's messenger program as well. I have have a huge increase in requests to add to yahoo msg all blocked and refused but still am getting swamped with requests . I will be deleting and suspending my yahoo account as I believe that site has been compromised

12-08-2010 at 06:32:38 AM
  • kah
  • kah

I'm going to look at gmail after work today....this is crazy - not happy with yahoo...
Thanks Papa for all you efforts -

smile

12-08-2010 at 07:33:18 AM
  • kah
  • kah

I just switched to gmail...updated my profile info

12-08-2010 at 09:17:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Text msgs? That's odd, that's definitely not us. Are they SMS or e-mail texts?

-Papa Paczki

12-08-2010 at 09:19:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanicki

Why is yahoo blocking OP? I have some concerns and not sure where to post them? I have not been receiving lots of my OP mail and I was informed by a friend today that Yahoo has blocked OP.

I have more concerns about security and wonder where I should post them?

I would appreciate if someone could pm me in authority on this site so I can inform them of some concerns regarding the block by Yahoo.

Thank you.

I'm not sure the reason. I haven't been able to get an answer from Yahoo. We may just have to add new IPs to our mail server.

You can send me a private message about the concerns. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

-Papa Paczki

12-08-2010 at 09:32:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanicki

Apparently not only are cookies being tracked but addresses are being tracked and/or addess books are being read; then the information from them is being used to send spam at the very least. These spam-worms are sending emails out by names that are familiar so the receiver opens it because the name is familiar...this is concerning.

Too, another issue, I was purchasing something off the net, one was a pair of shoes, soon after I went on the OP site and at the top left hand of the page where the ads appear, the exact pair of shoes I purchased over the net was displayed in the advertisment. This happen twice with two different purchases.

If you think you have any kind of worms/viruses on your pc, you should clean it immediately. If you're running Windows, you can go to www.microsoft.com/security_essentials and download their anti-virus software free of charge. Its a good one too. If you still can't get it off, I'd suggest calling a local repair shop. This is a semi-normal thing these days. There's a lot of hackers out there that want nothing more than to get into your mail account and use it to spam everyone on your address book. It happens with all mail providers, but it seems that yahoo accounts are attacked more often than some of the others. They seem to lack some of the security protocols that others have in place.

In regards to ads, that's normal. I noticed when I started researching new grills that I would get a lot of grillsdirect.com ads popping up everywhere. This is especially the case if you use google, amazon, or some of the other large online retailers. Its not a security threat. They're just logging what you search on, and then showing you those products in their ads. Its an effort for online advertising to be more targeted and effective.

Also, in response to cookies. They aren't all bad. For instance, when you log into a web site, your browser is told to save a cookie with basic information in it. Here for example, its just a unique user id. Then each time you access a page, the site will know who you are. This is how 99.99% of the internet operates. Sometimes you'll see your anti-virus program clean out "tracker cookies". Those are from jerks, and not normal web sites.

Also, be careful of what you open, click on, etc in your email. If you click on a funny link from someone you don't know, you'll get infected, and possibly won't even know it. Their spyware will be installed, and start doing its thing. Whether its to log keystrokes and steal account information, or just to track what you're doing.

I hope that helps.

-Papa Paczki

12-08-2010 at 09:50:10 AM

I can tell you why the ads look familiar anyway. The ad program scans the cookies you have on your computer and matches them with their advertisers, then sends targeted ads to the pages you visit with Google Adsense or other advertisers. These advertisers help pay for the websites we visit. If you delete your cookies, you'll just get random advertisers until you accumulate some new cookies by visiting other sites where you sign in. Many member sites have you sign a terms of service agreement that allows them to install these cookies in a folder on your computer. It's usually harmless if you stick to reputable sites and it gives you ads you're interested in (like canoes and hiking boots) instead of ones you are not (like Metamucil and Depends). grin

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA