Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

12-13-2010 at 07:14:10 PM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

Originally Posted by thecross

I added the two email addresses papa and hopefully your new community welcomed you with open arms grin

update since I added the email addresses to my contacts I am now receiving emails from op and a little bonus is I didn't get swamped with emails like the yahoo users did smile

we're finally unblocked with live.com, however, I noticed it went to my spam box. I was able to click on "Make it safe" and they now come thru ok.

Are you seeing any?

I'm good to go on the email problem but I have another puzzle for you to solve papa I tried to send a friend request to Rhymer but that option is not available to me and I sent Rhymer a pm and he said he didn't have the option available to add me either but we aren't on each others friends list so again I humbly ask for your assistance.

12-14-2010 at 10:20:03 AM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by papapaczki

I added the two email addresses papa and hopefully your new community welcomed you with open arms grin

update since I added the email addresses to my contacts I am now receiving emails from op and a little bonus is I didn't get swamped with emails like the yahoo users did smile

we're finally unblocked with live.com, however, I noticed it went to my spam box. I was able to click on "Make it safe" and they now come thru ok.

Are you seeing any?

I'm good to go on the email problem but I have another puzzle for you to solve papa I tried to send a friend request to Rhymer but that option is not available to me and I sent Rhymer a pm and he said he didn't have the option available to add me either but we aren't on each others friends list so again I humbly ask for your assistance.

that's a flaw in our design. Once you remove someone you can't put 'em back. I went into the system and re-connected you two. Please let me know if you don't see it.

-Papa Paczki

01-06-2011 at 08:20:23 AM

RE: Site Function Problems

I have been unable to use the chat at all, tried in vain to get into a room last night and several other times .All that shows up for me is the option to start my own chat room. No chat room listings Perhaps I'm doing something wrong ? I tried different browsers with the same problem. Thank you so much

Last edited by LenaM 01-06-2011 at 08:20:55 AM

01-06-2011 at 12:48:44 PM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaM

I have been unable to use the chat at all, tried in vain to get into a room last night and several other times .All that shows up for me is the option to start my own chat room. No chat room listings Perhaps I'm doing something wrong ? I tried different browsers with the same problem. Thank you so much

There was a problem with your username in the chat server. I fixed it. Please try again.

-Papa Paczki

01-06-2011 at 12:50:16 PM

awesome ty ty ty smile)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) big hugs it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by LenaM 01-06-2011 at 12:50:42 PM

01-10-2011 at 09:29:18 AM
  • gypsyspirit
  • gypsyspirit

Hello, I've tried posting a poem but I accidently clicked on the box with the letter a & now it comes up javascript & I can't get out of it. I was known on her as freezspirit but it happened on there so I thought I'd open a new account & it is still saying javascript. How do I get out of it. I've looked at my comp. but I still can't get out of javascript. I've written several times to your site here & no answers as of yet. Thank you, gypsyspirit.

01-10-2011 at 10:18:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyspirit

Hello, I've tried posting a poem but I accidently clicked on the box with the letter a & now it comes up javascript & I can't get out of it. I was known on her as freezspirit but it happened on there so I thought I'd open a new account & it is still saying javascript. How do I get out of it. I've looked at my comp. but I still can't get out of javascript. I've written several times to your site here & no answers as of yet. Thank you, gypsyspirit.

Can you describe the javascript a bit more? I've looked over our form, and we don't have any & boxes on there. I'm wondering if this is a browser thing. Is there any way you could e-mail in a screen shot?

-Papa Paczki

01-11-2011 at 08:40:33 PM

I went to add someone as a friend but did not see the add friend option on their profile. I check with wordslinger and was informed that, if that option is not there, then the person is already your friend but, checking my friend list, the person is not listed. Help?

01-12-2011 at 09:27:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer

I went to add someone as a friend but did not see the add friend option on their profile. I check with wordslinger and was informed that, if that option is not there, then the person is already your friend but, checking my friend list, the person is not listed. Help?

Drop me a private message with the person's username you're trying to friend, and I can fix it for you.

-Papa Paczki

01-13-2011 at 10:02:09 PM

RE: Site Function Problems - Problems posting new poem

When attempting to post a new poem, the font I selected reverted with the second line of the poem to default. Basically I tried several and there was no choice but to use the default.

01-14-2011 at 09:06:48 AM

PLEASE HELP, PAPA!

I've made a new friend who is a wonderful poet. Her user name is gypsyspirit. I've commented on two of her poems, and for some reason my computer seems to lock up as I'm sending the comment. The 'submit comment' button changes to 'sending', but it never advances from there. When I refresh the page, the comment has successfully posted, but my option to rate is gone. I've not had this problem with any other poets, only gypsyspirit, so that indicates to me that there might be an issue with her profile. I want this user to get the ratings that she deserves because she's an outstanding poet! Thanks for your help!

01-14-2011 at 09:38:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindNumbing

PLEASE HELP, PAPA!

I've made a new friend who is a wonderful poet. Her user name is gypsyspirit. I've commented on two of her poems, and for some reason my computer seems to lock up as I'm sending the comment. The 'submit comment' button changes to 'sending', but it never advances from there. When I refresh the page, the comment has successfully posted, but my option to rate is gone. I've not had this problem with any other poets, only gypsyspirit, so that indicates to me that there might be an issue with her profile. I want this user to get the ratings that she deserves because she's an outstanding poet! Thanks for your help!

I will check it out. That's kind of a weird problem.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-14-2011 at 09:56:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindNumbing

PLEASE HELP, PAPA!

Hey,

This is all fixed. She had removed her e-mail address, which blew up some validation. I put in a placeholder, and notified her. You should be able to go thru and rate her poem now.

-Papa Paczki

01-14-2011 at 10:03:41 AM

Thanks so much grin

01-16-2011 at 09:51:39 PM

This is an older problem, dano is on my friend list.
But his activity isn't regestering on my friend activity.
Same problem, Mr Ballader is having.

Thank you, when you get time..

01-17-2011 at 09:59:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetsofBlood

This is an older problem, dano is on my friend list.
But his activity isn't regestering on my friend activity.
Same problem, Mr Ballader is having.

Thank you, when you get time..

Howdy,

e-mail support@originalpoetry.com -- they can assist with this. I am out of the office today.

-Papa Paczki

10-07-2011 at 12:37:33 AM

what is up with the chat rooms, I can never get into them, they dont appear when I go to the chat button

03-09-2012 at 10:25:31 PM

my account shows only poems and friend activity from 2-20 and back unless i refresh 4 times and that only works maybe half the time. Its really annoying please help! though in general you guys are my favorite by far.

--JJ1562grrrblank starelong face

08-06-2014 at 06:49:52 PM

all my poem links give an error 500.

ie.

http://www.originalpoetry.com/evil_6

thought my page can be seen and the list of poems are there. not a single one comes up.

08-07-2014 at 07:37:36 AM

Papa, I cannot access my page at all from any device. I have to log in and click on the top bar " My Poems" to see any of my poems posted. No one else can type in originalpoetry.com/poet/deanpeter and go directly to me page either. is there any way to fix this? Thank you much for ALL you do ... smile DeanPeter

01-13-2015 at 09:01:53 PM

Anytime I try to read a poem on this site or send a link of mine to a friend all I get is a blank white screen. Is it my browser because I'm not sure why this is happening.

01-13-2015 at 09:01:59 PM

Anytime I try to read a poem on this site or send a link of mine to a friend all I get is a blank white screen. Is it my browser because I'm not sure why this is happening.

01-13-2015 at 09:02:40 PM

01-13-2015 at 09:02:43 PM

01-17-2015 at 04:57:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWhisper

hi dark whisper... this has been happening for a while now. i keep coming back in hope that someone does something about it but nah... i guess what others have been saying is true... that finally op will vanish. i feel sad seeing that only two of my friends have come back in 2 months. i guess the rest just gave up. downerconfused i just dont want to give up hope blank stare

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)