Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

07-27-2010 at 10:24:16 AM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavVySam

I am sorry papa~I have been so darn frustrated I haven't been checking back often enough to see your response..I use Firefox..still having issues with comment box not dropping down...so if anyone has left me a message PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED if I am unable to send a reply!!! Another problem reported to me by a few individuals is that they are unable to rate my poem in the contest..so I have many comments and no ratings...tough to compete like that! lol In addition when I click on Like after reading a poem I always get two icons left behind...as if I double clicked! Any help would be great! Guess I am just One BIG Headache...SORRY! Samcheese

Do you know if you have JavaScript disabled? You can go to Tools-Options-Content to see if its checked off.

Also, do you have the latest version? You may need to re-install it. That or Try Safari or Internet Explorer to see if that behaves better.

-Papa Paczki

07-28-2010 at 01:12:05 AM

RE: Site Function Problems

Thank you papapaczki~I will give both a try and see how it goes!tongue rolleye

08-03-2010 at 01:00:35 AM

Big howdy and THANKS to papapackzi for taking time to respond to my plea, and for the helpful hints. Things have been somewhat better still experiencing the strange issue with the drop down box...Guess I'll just try patience! Thanks again!winkwink

09-09-2010 at 04:02:00 AM

can't publish a poem, etc

hi, i'm new tot he site, and have some questions.

i try to publish a poem and i get a prompt: "please revise your context". what does this mean?

also, could there be a section/tab for FAQs that is easily accessible on the site for common questions?

how do i know if someone might plagarize me unless i happen to come upon them when reviewing other poets' work? is there someone with originalpoetry.com that reviews poems to watch out for plagarism on the site?

what type of 3rd party emails can i expect to receive when signing up with original poetry.com.

when my works are quoted with the company for promotional material, and how is revenue measured & compensation as well?

thanks for help, please contact me directly.

ryotboi

09-09-2010 at 06:25:25 AM

I have an empty friend request I can't get rid of. Can you help? Thx in advance.

09-13-2010 at 06:27:33 PM

Dear Original Poetry.com

ONCE AGAIN... I am NOT receiving any emails, although there are new emails in my messages when I sigh on...
I am not receiving ANY emails sent to my email address... AT ALL now...

PLEASE fix this problem... it is happened before and now again

ALSO... I am STILL not able to use my profile update option... can you help ?

I do not know who is in charge... but this is MOST frustrating to have this problem again and again and also the other problem never fixed...

09-15-2010 at 05:25:46 PM

Hey pappy-
I've got people telling me they can't Pm me from my page.
If you could check it out, I'll but ya a drink of O+
vampirevampire

09-16-2010 at 09:31:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie

Hey pappy-
I've got people telling me they can't Pm me from my page.
If you could check it out, I'll but ya a drink of O+
vampirevampire

Spring - see my PM. Might be an issue with your mail provider blocking us. All the mail providers are paranoid these days. They might think we're spamming. Which we're not.

Artie - What error are they getting? I am trying to reproduce the issue.

Is anyone else having trouble updating their profile?

-Papa Paczki

09-16-2010 at 09:35:53 AM

RE: can't publish a poem, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryotboi

hi, i'm new tot he site, and have some questions.

i try to publish a poem and i get a prompt: "please revise your context". what does this mean?

also, could there be a section/tab for FAQs that is easily accessible on the site for common questions?

how do i know if someone might plagarize me unless i happen to come upon them when reviewing other poets' work? is there someone with originalpoetry.com that reviews poems to watch out for plagarism on the site?

what type of 3rd party emails can i expect to receive when signing up with original poetry.com.

when my works are quoted with the company for promotional material, and how is revenue measured & compensation as well?

thanks for help, please contact me directly.

ryotboi

3rd party emails - None to my knowledge. If you get anything from us, although there was the time we sent out a special newsletter announcing teaserleague.com for any football fans. But its owned by us.

Revise content - its the title. I found a bug with the filtering of the titles that looks for racial or really bad other words. Try changing it. We're working on this.

Plagiarism - Its the same concept as if someone bought a book, put their name on it, and passed it around. The only way you'd know is if someone notified you, you saw it, or it became a big deal. Check with copyright.gov to see how you can protect yourself. You can't stop it, but you can protect yourself. We've never really had an issue with it here tho.

Quotes/Compensation - We don't use people's work for the gain of the site in any way. And if we were to approach you about it, or adding you to the book, we'd ask for your permission, and lay out a compensation plan.

FAQ link - At the very bottom of every page you'll find this.

-Papa Paczki

09-16-2010 at 12:26:28 PM

Pop,

other sites have this feature:

the ability to contact all of our friends
with one email.

it's time for OP to introduce this feature too.

peace and light,
dah

09-16-2010 at 12:34:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlusion

Pop,

with one email.

peace and light,
dah

i agree with dah... i would love to have the option of sending one message to multiple friends

09-16-2010 at 12:38:57 PM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano

Pop,

with one email.

peace and light,
dah

i agree with dah... i would love to have the option of sending one message to multiple friends

This is something we'd like to do in the future. Probably should have in the first place.

-Papa Paczki

09-16-2010 at 12:40:36 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

Pop,

with one email.

peace and light,
dah

This is something we'd like to do in the future. Probably should have in the first place.

-Papa Paczki

Please, hurry!

09-24-2010 at 03:22:42 PM

Forums site problem with multiple duplicated replies on a single post

Hey Papa, can you please help cousinoren figure out why his posts on quoted replies are showing up duplicated and even more on some of the threads. All it is doing is creating multiple email replies on the same post. One of the posts he commented on duplicated at least five times.........I am not sure if it is a forum problem or maybe he is editing and doing something wrong.......So could you help me to help him figure it out......thanks loves ya asha

10-08-2010 at 12:27:39 AM

I want to try playing Poem Builder but nothing happens when I go to the game? Can u help me?question

10-08-2010 at 08:53:15 AM

op keeps logging me out... it has happened 4 or 5 times this morning... i was leaving comments for people and it told me that i needed to log in before i could leave a comment... also after i left a comment and hit the home button it took me back to the login page and made me re-enter my login information

10-08-2010 at 09:23:02 AM

Quote:

op keeps logging me out... it has happened 4 or 5 times this morning... i was leaving comments for people and it told me that i needed to log in before i could leave a comment... also after i left a comment and hit the home button it took me back to the login page and made me re-enter my login information

I am working on stabilizing this. I have a fix in place, and am testing.

-Papa Paczki

10-26-2010 at 03:38:53 PM

dear papa,

... hi ... how are you? ...

in the "playlist" forum ... the one with the videos ...

i cannot see ...

i cannot see past the bob seger videos ...

hmmmmmm ...

Thank You! ... smile

***luna

10-26-2010 at 04:29:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamarie

dear papa,

... hi ... how are you? ...

in the "playlist" forum ... the one with the videos ...

i cannot see ...

i cannot see past the bob seger videos ...

hmmmmmm ...

Thank You! ... smile

***luna

it's not you luna dear, there is nothing there past the bob seager videos to see, Orens links did not work he put in, I am trying to help him with it........love asha

10-26-2010 at 07:47:11 PM

Papa., The Delete Button for comments, on the Weekly Contest page , has gone back to its old trick of disappearing, when called on to do some work..............It is a lazy brute..................LOL ,

10-27-2010 at 09:31:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

Papa., The Delete Button for comments, on the Weekly Contest page , has gone back to its old trick of disappearing, when called on to do some work..............It is a lazy brute..................LOL ,

Which page exactly are you referring too? Can you give me a link?

-Papa Paczki

10-29-2010 at 04:21:16 PM

I am not receiving email alerts when I receive a pm, poem comment or replies to a forum post I have edited and changed nothing about my email so if you are able to Papa I would appreciate your help.

11-09-2010 at 01:28:20 PM

I did n`t receive the messages on my email from OP by forums, comments and comment replies last two days questionexcaimsmile

11-09-2010 at 01:36:23 PM

Good to know I'm not the only one... I'm not receiving any email alerts either.

11-09-2010 at 01:37:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindNumbing

Good to know I'm not the only one... I'm not receiving any email alerts either.

Can you two check your spam folder and tell me if they're in there? If they are, can you forward one of 'em to support@originalpoetry.com so I can see they were blocked?

-Papa Paczki

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.