Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

02-02-2010 at 06:57:21 PM

RE: Site Function Problems

when uploading a new poem, the site is not allowing me to space between stanzas. Even when I try to edit it after posting, it still will not allow spacing.
It ruins the pace and breathing room in the poem. It seems to happen when I use the centered format for writing. It is a huge problem because in the two poems I’ve used it on, the breathing space was essential to the nature of the poems.

See “Falling” and “ah, there you are”....as examples of my complaint.

Thanks for looking into it!

02-02-2010 at 07:04:48 PM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

when uploading a new poem, the site is not allowing me to space between stanzas. Even when I try to edit it after posting, it still will not allow spacing.
It ruins the pace and breathing room in the poem. It seems to happen when I use the centered format for writing. It is a huge problem because in the two poems I’ve used it on, the breathing space was essential to the nature of the poems.

and please look at the new thread I tried to post under “Critique my poetry”...the problem with the quotation mark and apostrophe continue.

02-08-2010 at 09:49:53 AM

Quote:

Hello Aria,

I had a look at your poems and did notice that there is no spacing between the stanzas.

I did some testing and see that it is the Safari browser causing the conflict. I am looking for a way to fix this ASAP.

Thank you for your patients.

02-08-2010 at 08:14:08 PM

Hey Papa -
I use the Internet Explorer browser, and have always. Why would it be working properly one day and not the next? I cannot open any Incoming PM's, access any Friend Requests and cannot ger into chat - and now my Profile Page is messin up! Please Help! :(
Thanks,
Ken

02-08-2010 at 08:18:29 PM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by clips401

Hi there!,
I found this same problem with Safari and a Mac laptop. Try hitting the refresh button on the link line. It usually works great at resetting the page so that you get the tool bar you need. Hope this helps you.
(I posted this comment earlier in this thread. A few weeks ago.)

Marian(danmartyjake1)

Hello Aria,

I had a look at your poems and did notice that there is no spacing between the stanzas.

I did some testing and see that it is the Safari browser causing the conflict. I am looking for a way to fix this ASAP.

Thank you for your patients.
smilesmile

02-08-2010 at 08:31:52 PM

Thanks Clips and DMJ!

02-15-2010 at 12:10:05 PM

Hello OP Team -
I have posted this morning, two comments to Ruach's poem of the quantum and I noted that each time, the comment posted completely. However, a return look finds that 1/2 the 1st comment is missing, and over 4/5ths of the 2nd comment is missing.
Is there a function site problem or another explanation?
Thank you.

02-15-2010 at 12:12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsize

Hello OP Team -
I have posted this morning, two comments to Ruach's poem of the quantum and I noted that each time, the comment posted completely. However, a return look finds that 1/2 the 1st comment is missing, and over 4/5ths of the 2nd comment is missing.
Is there a function site problem or another explanation?
Thank you.

The reply might have hit the character limit, but the entry system didn't stop you from putting a longer comment in. I'll have a look at it.

Last edited by DudeMan 02-15-2010 at 12:15:58 PM

02-15-2010 at 01:44:13 PM

Is there anybody out there ? Anybody...
When I write a comment and click submit almost always it disappears,
and then I have to retype it. So, I've been copying what I have written
before sending, and if it disappears, I can paste and resend it. Is there
a problem with OP, or is it me ?

grrr....................................................gogant

02-17-2010 at 12:36:49 AM

I know what you mean, Gogant! I've never had it happen prior to this evening, but have been going nuts since I logged in because each comment I reply to, takes my reply and sends it into the void until I rewrite a second time...Please Help Us!

02-17-2010 at 08:52:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie23

I know what you mean, Gogant! I've never had it happen prior to this evening, but have been going nuts since I logged in because each comment I reply to, takes my reply and sends it into the void until I rewrite a second time...Please Help Us!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into this issue now.

02-17-2010 at 09:09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

Originally Posted by "Madelynn"

The function of deleting comments needs to be reinstated asap..

Maddi

That should be in there still actually. But it might be a little confusing where it is. The delete button will appear if you mouse over the area to the right of the username who commented. all the way to the right of the column above the end of the line.

I'll talk to the team about this one in the A.M.

-Papa Paczki shock

Thank you, I found it finally, thanks to WS, lol
My ignore user feature isnt working, can that be fixed please.
Thank you so much, Maddi smile

02-17-2010 at 09:53:48 AM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelynn

My ignore user feature isnt working, can that be fixed please.
Thank you so much, Maddi smile

This issue has been resolved.
Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Thank you.

Last edited by clips401 02-17-2010 at 09:54:16 AM

02-17-2010 at 11:34:56 PM

Hello, Clips. It is still doing this..............it is a real pain.................help....cool grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Is there anybody out there ? Anybody...
When I write a comment and click submit almost always it disappears,
and then I have to retype it. So, I've been copying what I have written
before sending, and if it disappears, I can paste and resend it. Is there
a problem with OP, or is it me ?

grrr....................................................gogant

02-18-2010 at 12:02:34 AM

I have the same issue Gogant - I can only reply from the "My poem Comments link" Can't reply on the Poem page itself - or it disappears.

02-18-2010 at 12:09:31 AM

Thaks, Ken. At least I can go that way until OP fixes the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight4696

I have the same issue Gogant - I can only reply from the "My poem Comments link" Can't reply on the Poem page itself - or it disappears.

02-18-2010 at 09:00:28 AM

Quote:

Thaks, Ken. At least I can go that way until OP fixes the problem.
Originally Posted by knight4696

I'm looking into this further.
Is it only when you do reply's?

02-18-2010 at 01:37:54 PM

With me, it is when I leave a comment for someone's poem, and when I reply to a comment left for one of my poems...

02-18-2010 at 07:28:25 PM

Only when I try to reply to a comment left on the actual poem page.

02-19-2010 at 10:47:23 AM

for me it was only doing it when I replied to the poems on my poems page. While it was making me crazy the other day, it appears to be working this morning.

02-25-2010 at 05:51:35 PM

RE: Site Function Problems: Forum deletion and link

I have deleted some of my posts, but the link to nothing is still there: first page and last indexing, and subscribe, unsubscribe. There is no poem or url link, but the page link to nothing is still there. why isn't it all gone, and then the server won't have markers to nothing? (Could be more efficient to have a 'deletion' really be deleted) confused

02-25-2010 at 07:43:35 PM

Quote:

With me, it is when I leave a comment for
someone's poem, and when I reply to a comment left for one
of my poems...

The problem is still there...................but, I copy and save
in case the comment disappears when I hit "Submit"......
then I can just paste...but, it would be nice if this gets fixed.

cheese

02-25-2010 at 07:47:31 PM

Ditto on Gogant's comment - I am on IE8 and I still am having intermittent problems .. I can't reply on the poerm page (only from poem comments) Also If I leave a comment on another's poem and they reply - I cannot reply to their reply at all? This is becoming very frustratiing - Please Help! smile

02-25-2010 at 07:55:45 PM

Copy and paste your words, Refresh the page, redo it. The net world wide is having trouble, my service provider said so. WS, plus there are thousands reading our work, and not signed up, or commenting, believe it.. WS

I was told we are the elete poets of the world....21st Century Poets..

Last edited by WordSlinger 02-25-2010 at 07:58:38 PM

02-25-2010 at 08:23:37 PM

Thanks Sling! I'll give it a try ... Who told you we are the Elite anyway? smile Nice to hear somebody's reading. lol! smile Anyway ... Thanks again! Ken

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.