Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

01-07-2010 at 09:15:09 AM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by "gogant"

I have left comments on some poems (very flattering ones), and when I went back to see what the reply to those were...my comment wasn't there. Is this an OP glitch ?

Which poem?

-Papa Paczki shock

01-07-2010 at 10:56:55 AM

Quote:

Well Charlie, I must have left a thousand comment over the past year, and out of those, I think I just had to leave a negative comment on 2 of those. I have deleted a couple of nasty comments, left for one of my poems, by somebody who was just trying to be mean. Well, for now, I hope it is just a problem with OP....

I agree, hopefully just a site issue. You may be a bit more mature than I am, gogant... I have had very few mean comments left for me, hardly any, but of the ones that were left for me, I choose to leave them so that others can view the users comment as it may help them make a decision as to whether or not they would like to read that persons work. LOL

01-07-2010 at 11:00:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ravoya"

if possible i'd appreciate some way for a poet to tell which of their poems are in the contest without having to navigate to each individual poem

I think that's an excellent suggestion, Ravoya! I always start with the most recent, but very often it is an older poem that the poet has placed in contest...I agree it would nice if the ones in contest stood out on a poets page.smile

01-07-2010 at 11:34:37 AM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by "papapaczki"

I have left comments on some poems (very flattering ones), and when I went back to see what the reply to those were...my comment wasn't there. Is this an OP glitch ?

Which poem?

-Papa Paczki shock

I'll give you those in a private message.........................................gogant

01-08-2010 at 11:07:47 AM

RE: Site Function Problems

Whenever I try to read a poem posted by Bandit or one posted at poetrysurvivor1 it goes to Fred1932. Thus I am unable to read poems in the contest

01-08-2010 at 11:18:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "aggieprof"

Whenever I try to read a poem posted by Bandit or one posted at poetrysurvivor1 it goes to Fred1932. Thus I am unable to read poems in the contest

This was a database issue and has just been fixed.

Thank you for pointing this out.

01-08-2010 at 11:23:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "dahlusion"

Dear Admin,

Can the email be fixed so that the sent and reply messages are not clumped together as one on-going message? So very hard to decipher.kiss

Not sure I quite follow. Are you talking about when you hit reply, the quoted text?

-Papa Paczki shock

When I send a message and the person replies, the sent and reply messages coming back to me are clumped into one paragraph; continuing the conversation, it becomes one dense paragraph containing all of the messages mixed together, no separation, no breaks. Very hard to read. Thanks!big surprise

01-08-2010 at 11:27:03 AM

Quote:

When I send a message and the person replies, the sent and reply messages coming back to me are clumped into one paragraph; continuing the conversation, it becomes one dense paragraph containing all of the messages mixed together, no separation, no breaks. Very hard to read. Thanks!big surprise

Yah, I need to clean that up. Its the poor quoting format that its in the replies. Then when you start to type around 'em, it all goes down hill. I'll fix it ASAP.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-08-2010 at 12:57:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks for pointing this out. I had no idea how badly the formatting was going. I believe I have it sorted out better. Let me know what you thinik.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-09-2010 at 01:06:34 AM

getting better now, poem order is good and finally can read my messages, thanks Rick

01-09-2010 at 09:19:57 AM

Hey Papa,
Just curious...is it better to PM a message from your own page, or from the poet who you're trying to contacts page? I have had some problems with t a poet receiving my replies, although I receive all their messages. I have re-written one reply up to three times and re-sent. I am hoping I will find out soon whether the 3rd was received. Granted, the poet does want me to reply as they say keep trying there's a glitch in the system.
ginga

01-11-2010 at 10:48:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "ginga"

Hey Papa,
Just curious...is it better to PM a message from your own page, or from the poet who you're trying to contacts page?

It shouldn't make a difference. Where are you sending from that they are saying they aren't receiving them?

-Papa Paczki shock

01-11-2010 at 10:48:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Phoenix9"

getting better now, poem order is good and finally can read my messages, thanks Rick

Glad to hear that!

-Papa Paczki shock

01-11-2010 at 12:25:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ravoya"

if possible i'd appreciate some way for a poet to tell which of their poems are in the contest without having to navigate to each individual poem

Thank you for the suggestion. We are looking into possible solutions for this.

01-12-2010 at 07:18:24 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

Still having a problem with Friend Request. gogant sent a request and I didn't get it. Then I got 2. When I clicked on 1, I got 3 friends named gogant. More than enough, I clicked on #3 to 'remove', lost all 3. Now there is nowhere to re-request on my page or his. HELP! shock

01-12-2010 at 07:44:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Londo"

Still having a problem with Friend Request. gogant sent a request and I didn't get it. Then I got 2. When I clicked on 1, I got 3 friends named gogant. More than enough, I clicked on #3 to 'remove', lost all 3. Now there is nowhere to re-request on my page or his. HELP! shock

I tried sending you a private message, but it wasn't sent...or at least didn't
show in my sent box. When I went to your site, it didn't have the box to add
as friend. You might have clicked the, ignore box, by mistake. I don't know
if that can be fixed or not...maybe papa could tell us................................gogant

01-12-2010 at 11:57:30 PM

I have a problem using quotation marks both on comments and in private messages. “””” Seems to work fine here on the forum but this is what it looks like on a comment �� period. Iâ��ve moved on.

Thanks for your help!

01-13-2010 at 08:58:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Aria"

I have a problem using quotation marks both on comments and in private messages. ���� Seems to work fine here on the forum but this is what it looks like on a comment �� period. I�ve moved on.

Thanks for your help!

I am looking into this now and will have it fixed shortly.

Thank You

01-14-2010 at 04:40:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "ginga"

Hey Papa,
Just curious...is it better to PM a message from your own page, or from the poet who you're trying to contacts page? I have had some problems with t a poet receiving my replies, although I receive all their messages. I have re-written one reply up to three times and re-sent. I am hoping I will find out soon whether the 3rd was received. Granted, the poet does want me to reply as they say keep trying there's a glitch in the system.
ginga

Messaging from your Private Message area or a poets profile will have the exact same effect. One method is not better then the other.

I have just fixed a couple of problems with the Private Messages.
1. Your in-box will no longer show messages that "Look Open" but you have never read. This was a site wide problem and your messages have NOT been read by anyone else.

2. Messages will no longer "Disappear". This was another bug that caused messages to be temporarily invisible.

I will also spend some time making the formatting of the messages easier to read upon receiving a reply.

Thank you all for your Patients!

Last edited by clips401 01-14-2010 at 04:41:10 PM

01-14-2010 at 07:10:20 PM

Gremlins In The Mail Room.

Ok when I open mail and read it , I do, then it shows again that it's new, I open and it's the same. twice in a row this has happened.
The pms opened are showing new again,

WS

01-14-2010 at 07:20:33 PM

RE: Gremlins In The Mail Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "WordSlinger"

Ok when I open mail and read it , I do, then it shows again that it's new, I open and it's the same. twice in a row this has happened.

WS

The same is happening with me....pretty annoying, for sure, papa............gogant
grrr

01-14-2010 at 07:32:59 PM

RE: RE: Gremlins In The Mail Room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by "WordSlinger"

WS

The same is happening with me....pretty annoying, for sure, papa............gogant
grrr

Let me look into this. I may have to exterminate a couple more bugs.

Thanks.cool grin

01-14-2010 at 08:31:12 PM

Some punctuation, apostrophes in particular, do not send well on this site since the change...they tend to come out as boxes and symbols. In particular this seems to happen when sending private messages. Sort of a problem....

01-14-2010 at 11:29:00 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

papa number one is not fixed now ignore me or call me a liar whatever you have to do I'm telling you the inbox situation is not fixed my page is still showing me two unread inbox messages after I have read them over and over again and it is throwing me off to what I have responded to and what I haven't.

01-15-2010 at 09:10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "WatashLegend"

papa number one is not fixed now ignore me or call me a liar whatever you have to do I'm telling you the inbox situation is not fixed my page is still showing me two unread inbox messages after I have read them over and over again and it is throwing me off to what I have responded to and what I haven't.

I think I finally got this bug squashed.

Please let me know if you guys have any more issues with the private messages.

Thanks

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.