Original Poetry Forums

Site Function Problems

01-15-2010 at 11:58:17 AM

RE: Site Function Problems

Pop,

How wonderful it would be to have the number pages reinstated on the "Friend Activity" (FA) page. It is so, so time consuming to click on a friend to visit them, then, going back to "FA" to look for more past activity, only to have to start at page one again and scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, until you find the page where you left off.

Whew!

Please fix soon.

Peace and Light,
Dah

01-15-2010 at 12:08:29 PM

RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by "dahlusion"

Pop,

How wonderful it would be to have the number pages reinstated on the "Friend Activity" (FA) page. It is so, so time consuming to click on a friend to visit them, then, going back to "FA" to look for more past activity, only to have to start at page one again and scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, until you find the page where you left off.

Whew!

Please fix soon.

Peace and Light,
Dah

Actually I see this as a great improvement and have a couple ideas for it myself.

Please comment on my ideas:
1. Have a filter system so you can see what you want. Poems by friends, comments by friends ans so on? And when you click the filter options all the other stuff will go away.

2. Have an indicator to show what poems you have already went to.

If anyone has any ideas for the activity/ home page please add them here.

Thanks,
grin

01-15-2010 at 02:37:27 PM

All of these ideas are top notch and better than scrolling, scrolling etc.

I like them. Lets get it up and running!

grin

01-15-2010 at 06:41:49 PM

I can't find a "Poem Number Count", that is, how many poems I have posted.

The original design had this feature: it would be helpful to have it again.

Peace and Light,
Dah

01-16-2010 at 07:54:02 PM

when I use the apostrophe or quotation mark anywhere this is what shows up:

I didnâ��t see - that is supposed to be “I didn’t see”

I use Safari.

01-16-2010 at 07:57:04 PM

Poems not posting correctly.

My last two poems were posted by four line stanza's. Once they were submitted they posted as a single paragraph. I tried to edit several times and it did no good. I tried the contact page as well and received no response. The two poems are "Will I" and "Traitor"

Rhymer

01-16-2010 at 08:59:13 PM

Hey papa............when one deletes a comment left by some deranged
person...why doesn't the rating they left vanish with the bad air they left behind ???

sick.....but hopefully.........................grin

01-16-2010 at 09:18:06 PM

Whaz Up Team, There's no I in Team, lol,

Ok here's what's up, there is no mutiple deleting option for sent messages, like you
have for incoming mail, I don't have that, is that my end or the sites end??

WS

01-16-2010 at 10:43:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Aria"

when I use the apostrophe or quotation mark anywhere this is what shows up:

I didn�t see - that is supposed to be �I didn�t see�

I use Safari.

It looks as though we might have to stay away from apostrophes,
and other punctuation marks...........I wonder if papa took a powder...

shock

01-18-2010 at 09:35:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "gogant"

person...why doesn't the rating they left vanish with the bad air they left behind ???

That's to prevent ratings manipulation. If we allowed that, then someone could go thru and delete all comments that weren't a 10, and score a perfect 10 each time.

BTW, we're going thru all the posts from the weekend and will respond soon.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-18-2010 at 09:44:59 AM

RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Aria"

when I use the apostrophe or quotation mark anywhere this is what shows up:....

It looks as though we might have to stay away from apostrophes,
and other punctuation marks...........I wonder if papa took a powder...

shock

I see the problem with formatting. I will start to look into this today.

Thanks.

Last edited by clips401 01-18-2010 at 09:45:29 AM

01-18-2010 at 04:14:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "papapaczki"

That's to prevent ratings manipulation. If we allowed that, then someone could go thru and delete all comments that weren't a 10, and score a perfect 10 each time.

BTW, we're going thru all the posts from the weekend and will respond soon.

-Papa Paczki shock

Papa, do you really believe that someone would do such a thing ?
Be that as it may, I can understand OP's reason for not allowing such an
option.Thanks..................................smirk

Gogant................

01-18-2010 at 04:29:54 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Site Function Problems

Quote:

Papa, do you really believe that someone would do such a thing ?
Be that as it may, I can understand OP's reason for not allowing such an

Oh yes.. cheating would run rampid.

-Papa Paczki shock

01-19-2010 at 05:46:52 AM

grin Could someone please tell me why my poetry is being pasted in one long paragrah where all the sentences run together. I have sent messages and posted to this forum and I can not get a reply from the administrator of this site. The poems are "Will I", "Traitor", and "Little One" my last three poems posted the site screwed them up. If you can not fix them please let me know.

Rhymer

01-19-2010 at 09:08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Rhymer"

grin Could someone please tell me why my poetry is being pasted in one long paragrah where all the sentences run together. I have sent messages and posted to this forum and I can not get a reply from the administrator of this site.
Rhymer

Hello Rhymer,

I took a look and it seems that it is running together because you have not added any returns to your lines. A return will cut the lines off and act as a break.

Please try editing your poems and let me know if you have any other problems.

Thanks.

01-19-2010 at 02:53:20 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

What about the problem with new postings coming into the page as a paragraph instead of the way they looked as 'copy' prior to 'paste'. I had formatted my poem in a larger font of comic sanscript and centered it, but now it's a paragraph. HELPshockshockshockshock

01-19-2010 at 03:02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo

What about the problem with new postings coming into the page as a paragraph instead of the way they looked as 'copy' prior to 'paste'. I had formatted my poem in a larger font of comic sanscript and centered it, but now it's a paragraph. HELPshockshockshockshock

Hi Londo,

When pasting from a word processing program such as word we have been having problems getting the formatting to stick.

I will look into better alternatives for pasting poems. and get back to you.

For the time being try formatting your poem in the poem editor. Try selecting all of the poem text and then select any formatting options you would like (font size, font style. ect...) before submitting your poem to get it to look the way you want.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

01-19-2010 at 03:07:28 PM

As of yesterday January 18th I cannot get on to the OP site by clicking "my account." I have to do a poet search on my own user name ginga. This is the only way I can get onto this site. What I see when I get to this site is a page that leaves me this message:

OOPS! Pardon the mess. It seems you were trying to reach a page with an inaccurate address. 400 error

I can only enter my own homepage the same way a fellow visiting poet would. I cannot manipulate my page or user options since I cannot get to the personal options of my page. Is anyone else experiencing this? Help! I want to be able to be on my own page not visit my page.
gingarolleyes

01-19-2010 at 03:14:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginga

As of yesterday January 18th I cannot get on to the OP site by clicking "my account." I have to do a poet search on my own user name ginga. This is the only way I can get onto this site. What I see when I get to this site is a page that leaves me this message:

OOPS! Pardon the mess. It seems you were trying to reach a page with an inaccurate address. 400 error

I can only enter my own homepage the same way a fellow visiting poet would. I cannot manipulate my page or user options since I cannot get to the personal options of my page. Is anyone else experiencing this? Help! I want to be able to be on my own page not visit my page.
gingarolleyes

Hello Ginga,

I just took a look at your account and fixed a glitch in our system. You should now be able to get back to your my account area.

Please let me know if you have anymore problems.

01-19-2010 at 03:51:21 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clips401

Hi Londo,

When pasting from a word processing program such as word we have been having problems getting the formatting to stick.

For the time being try formatting your poem in the poem editor. Try selecting all of the poem text and then select any formatting options you would like (font size, font style. ect...) before submitting your poem to get it to look the way you want.

I tried this and when I click the poem pops up in column form with spaces between the stanzas. However, I have no tool bar from which to select a font, size, or centering. There are no formatting tools at all.

01-19-2010 at 03:55:45 PM

Quote:

Hi Londo,

I tried this and when I click the poem pops up in column form with spaces between the stanzas. However, I have no tool bar from which to select a font, size, or centering. There are no formatting tools at all.

I'm guessing that maybe you have JavaScript Disabled in your browser?

What browser are you using and version?

Our site uses JavaScript very heavily and having it disabled would render a lot of features useless.

I would recommend keeping it on.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Last edited by clips401 01-19-2010 at 03:57:52 PM

01-19-2010 at 04:12:19 PM

gingarolleyes

TY Clips for fixing I can navigate now! I appreciate your thriftiness.
gingagrin

01-19-2010 at 04:16:40 PM

Hi Ginga,
I have also had some weird trouble on the site, when posting a new poem, I have to refresh the page to get the toolbar.
Without the toolbar, it will post like a paragraph and it cannot be fixed so easily.
I have found that refreshing the page does work, though. It took a while to figure it out.
Marian
confused

01-19-2010 at 04:38:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginga

gingarolleyes

Hello Ginga,

I just took a look at your account and fixed a glitch in our system. You should now be able to get back to your my account area.

Please let me know if you have anymore problems.

i am having the same problem withmy account that gina was having.. i can log into my account from my desktop but not my laptop

01-19-2010 at 04:45:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano

i am having the same problem withmy account that gina was having.. i can log into my account from my desktop but not my laptop

What exactely happens when you try and log in from your laptop? The problem I fixed with ginga was on our end. I just looked up yout account and see no problems with it.

That said I also have reason to believe that it could be your browser/ internet connection.

Please let me know if you need me to look into anything else for you.

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.