Original Poetry Forums

Are you interested in constructive criticism? Can you handle it?

06-11-2009 at 03:35:26 PM

Re: Are you interested in constructive criticism? Can you handle it?

im game for criticing. . .fire away. shock

06-12-2009 at 04:30:14 PM
  • chrischerry98
  • chrischerry98

go for it I welcome any feedback, positive or negative it is the only way to make you grow as a poet and as a person as poetry is one of those things that reveal a lot about a person if you look deep into their poetry. It is something that shows you soul in so many ways to be good is to be emotional and open.

06-14-2009 at 12:46:41 PM

Absolutely I'm interested in constructive criticism of what I write. How else can we learn to communicate unless we talk to one and other? Anybody who want's my comments has only to ask & I'll deeply appreciate your comments even when you think I'm full of hot air! LOL

06-14-2009 at 02:46:18 PM

Criticism,is what we all need. If you can't take criticism,and only want to give it...SHAME! Feel free to criticize me anytime you like...It can only make me stronger!!! grin

06-14-2009 at 03:19:17 PM

I believe that if someone cant take the advice someone gives them. Then maybe arent ready for that step yet. This just be the best way the deal with things. As for me I believe that this is a wonderful way to see different writting styles and different veiws of how people interput things. I feel its good to take into account what others have to say about what i have writtenl. One, because I'm new to this website. So even if it isn't what I want to hear I atleast know that people are reading what i have written. That is a big accomplishment in its own right. grin

06-15-2009 at 03:36:08 AM

Yes, I would like to join... My only problem is... My stuff is too long to post on the site. :( I've just posted one on this board, To get my style out there, It would be greatly apperciated if you all would give it a look, and share your insights, Thanks all.

06-15-2009 at 10:42:42 PM

You KNOW I'm interested in exchanging comments &/or criticisms. I really am grateful to you & to the other poets who've honored me by reading & commenting on my sometimes over-long writings. I'd especially like it if anyone interested in wartime or military poems would look at "Tiger John's Crew" & "Ben Guirer AFB".

Thanks Again,

06-16-2009 at 09:59:39 AM
  • Angellightwolf
  • Angellightwolf

I would like constructive critiques on my work, how else will my writing improve? Thank you and Many Blessings, Angellightwolf

06-16-2009 at 02:04:12 PM
  • kah
  • kah

I would love some feedback - both postive and constructive. I am an amateur poet - unschooled and untrained. Sometimes I re-read something I wrote and realize I missed something...but can't quite nail it down! And other times, I re-read something and think its great...but maybe because I wrote it!! Count me in. I would like to be a better writer/poet, and feedback - both positive and critical - is crucial. Thanks!!

06-16-2009 at 05:56:29 PM

critique away. there is nothing for me to lose only much to gain. i feel that i am a fair poet yet as any artist does i know that there is plenty of room for improvement. constructive criticism is the life blood of the arts

06-17-2009 at 01:39:10 PM

Hello Everyone,
My name is Michael (Mike) McClain. I write short stories, novels, articles and poems -poems being one of my favorites. I've compiled roughly 500 works and have submitted a few of my favorites. I am working on my masters in psychology/philosophy and hope to obtain my doctorates, upon completion of my masters. I would like to participate in the forum and can take whatever you have to say- I welcome your criticism, constructive or otherwise. I also offer critiques or comments of your works as well. I want to thank GentleT for the invite to the forum and say hello to every else. May your words flow with grace from the gray matters embrace to the pages of cyber-space....
Mike

06-18-2009 at 12:50:31 PM

Dear fellow poets,

I just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful job that you guys have done. I receive e-mails from many poets saying how much feedback they're receiving on a constant basis.

Continue to write, read and enjoy poetry. It alleviates the soul!

God bless you and yours!

Erika Brown

06-18-2009 at 02:33:30 PM

Congratulations on your winning poem Erika. I read it and it was beautiful, you deserve it.

-Spence

06-19-2009 at 12:54:38 AM

How could I not know of this?! This is genius! And I would definitly love to be a part of it. Where do I sign? smirk smirk smirk

BTW, my name is Lorenzo Ochoa, I started writing poetry a year ago, funny story actually, I wrote my first poem [I-Plot] for a two school wide contest and happened to win second place, I was amazed, that was my sole inspiration to keep writing. I have written a total of 6 beautiful poems, sadly, one of them was lost due to a home shift [Wind and Water], it was one of my best, about problems solution via ease of mind. I want to thank my beloved friend Carolina for the inspiration to writing my first love poem [Destination Love] , something that was impossible for me before, until I met her. Anyway, I recently posted here my best piece of art [Redgret] here in Original Poetry, this poem was inspired by a true event, a tragic story about a girl that was brutaly murder while 30+ people watched the event and ignored it for various, unjustified excuses, some which were as pathetic as "I was tired". I wanna thank my sister for showing me this website, my family for their support on my writing, and all of my fellow poet mates from Originial Poetry, you know who you are.... bootz.

Last edited by Darkfire 06-19-2009 at 01:04:31 AM

06-19-2009 at 07:53:47 AM

Hello! Ive been on this site for a few weeks, and I would like to be read more and have some critical commentary.

null

06-20-2009 at 02:48:08 AM

Love must rule the roast ! critizise me with love, hard love still ok, soft love is ok, but make it some kind of love, i love love, and i will always give you love as well, look forward to many poems and many critiziments. love ya --rich

06-20-2009 at 03:52:52 PM

I know well of what you speak... I've tried very hard to read a lot of different people's works on a lot of different subjects here and be as constructive as I can with my comments in as nice a way as I can be... I try not to offend them publicly with my thoughts about their piece and if I have reservations about it, I merely outline what I believe to be the inference of their message as I perceived it... Some people are very touchy about criticism, even if it's well intended... To me, public comments are not really the place to lay down technical issues to an author about their work as this may well be construed as a ridicule of them personally in some way and not just about their piece... It may also be taken that way by other readers reading the comments... I believe, if someone is truly serious about helping an author in some technical way that's not an entirely positive review, they'll offer their opinions or advise in a dignified way in private, not place it all upon the pillary of public scrutiny... To me, that just comes across as a slam, even if it's well intentioned.... This is just my opinion... Doug, aka, laydbak1

Last edited by laydbak1 06-20-2009 at 03:59:20 PM

06-21-2009 at 02:15:25 PM

my poems are up for criticism. Ionly have one but my others arent typed in this yet so yaaa.

06-21-2009 at 02:52:36 PM

You cannot grow as a poet without CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I emphasized that because saying to someone "Wow that sucks," doesn't help, and surely makes the poet feel pathetic. Yes, all poems are heartfelt, but if they don't have something unique to say they may as well stay in a journal or shared with friends. I correct grammar and spelling (unless it is used as a technique i.e. eecummings) because that is how we present ourselves as writers. We don't want to look like we don't know what we are doing. I would also expect others to correct mine, PLEASE! I also point out cliches...and want you to do the same. In other words, criticise me with all you're worth, I have blossomed as a poet because others did so. I will be kind, but will make suggestions that might better your work.

06-21-2009 at 03:05:43 PM

this is exactly why I joined this site. I would love to get feedback. Thanks ahead of time if you choose to do so!

06-21-2009 at 06:45:34 PM

I've got some poems up and would love any type of feedback smile

06-23-2009 at 01:53:56 AM

You guys have been absolutely incredible! We have a great circle of poets that inspire each other. God bless you all!

Thank you for following the rules!

Erika Brown smile

06-23-2009 at 02:17:02 PM

I think it helps when you post here you ask for honest opinions. I will give my opinion only when asked.

I love feed back, because I am trying to be get better.
http://www.originalpoetry.com/my-love_91

Last edited by Oblaidon 06-23-2009 at 02:18:08 PM

06-23-2009 at 02:29:22 PM

Yes, I like people to comment and rate my poems critically. I appreciate constructive criticism. My poems: Rainbow (http://www.originalpoetry.com/rainbow_6), Thought(http://www.originalpoetry.com/thought_4), The Goliath of Africa (http://www.originalpoetry.com/the-goliath-of-africa), and Two accounts (http://www.originalpoetry.com/two-accounts) can be looked at and commendation or criticism offered where necessary.

Last edited by orons 06-23-2009 at 02:37:31 PM

06-24-2009 at 04:28:13 PM
  • ta
  • ta

GO FOR IT KID.....PACHYDERM, ME.

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)