Original Poetry Forums

Are you interested in constructive criticism? Can you handle it?

06-29-2009 at 05:31:55 AM

Re: Are you interested in constructive criticism? Can you handle it?

studly:

I apologize for the sarcastic venom. First of all, I absolutely DO see your point. No, you did not refer to anyone as "dumb", I was just being hilarious. (more sarcasm) I certainly do not want to be seen as cheering on some "clique" of people who are demonizing you for making sincere suggestions regarding someone's work. I think that sucks. In all honesty I think your writing is excellent, and if you are not published then you absolutely should be. I have read some of your work, and I envy anyone with such a skillful creative voice. I should not have made you out to be a "prick", and although I do not wear spectacles, I certainly have nothing against them. My mother wore spectacles, and my father worked hard at a local spectacle factory for years in order to provide for us. I hope there are no hard feelings.

~Adel

06-29-2009 at 06:02:46 AM

there is no bad poetry. everyone has a voice that needs to be heard. How can you criticize someone just cause they are different or not the same as you?

06-30-2009 at 04:01:22 PM

I wanted to ask you guys to please check out the poem "Fallen" by pen name: kmooney.

It is a tribute to Late Charlie's Angels; Farrah and Michael Jackson!

May they rest in peace.

Thanks!

Erika

06-30-2009 at 07:52:26 PM

i wanna play. . . . .

honestly i had never thought of myself as a poet --- i mainly write because it helps me keep relatively sane -- then i found this website - and after reading so many really good writes (and post on the poems)-- and related to so many of them -- i thought - what the heck -- i will throw a few up - maybe others can relate to mine . . . .so leave me a post - or shoot me a message - and let me know what you think -- or if i am too far out in space . . .

if you would like me to read yours - and give you my slightly twisted opinion on them -- let me know - i am happy to as well

peace~
angel

07-01-2009 at 07:26:53 PM

I am fully on board. My penname is Anatrelia and I am fully in need of some strong creative feedback. If someone strongly works my poetry then I will do the same for them. Thank you.

Anatrelia

07-02-2009 at 05:29:03 PM

http://www.originalpoetry.com/crysytal-nightmare

07-02-2009 at 10:47:59 PM

http://www.originalpoetry.com/mistakes_8

07-03-2009 at 11:11:38 AM

im in. check out my poem TWANG. myar

07-03-2009 at 12:06:59 PM

WHERE IS BOB IN ALL OF THIS??????

IF YOU SEE HIM GET MY WEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool smile

07-03-2009 at 02:12:41 PM

I have a few poems I would like some feed back on.

07-03-2009 at 02:18:55 PM

I'm absolutely interested. I have asked people here to read particular poems so that I can get some feedback. My feelings won't be hurt, either, with constructive criticism. I may not be good at it, but I'll give honest opinions (I have lots of opinions!) and I'll appreciate the same from others, too.

07-03-2009 at 03:20:09 PM

Message to study111 and laybak1, I need your help and comments. I want to learn how to write poetry, and I want to read yours, but when I tried to find yours (both of you), I must have done something wrong, because I couldn't find you. Please check out my dull pretty words and give me some ideas on where and how to begin. linlee

07-03-2009 at 03:35:48 PM

Re: Re: Are you interested in constructive criticism? Can you handle it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarcy

Words come from people, as well as emotions ... regardless of the topic, we all feel strongly about many things. Let us be kind to both the person and the poet. Let people drink where they will, without forcefully being led to the water. k cool smile

You have a kind heart and so many on here wants critiques but there words are so precious to them. Critiques should not be criticism but said in love.

Sally

07-03-2009 at 03:54:03 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

headless turtles

in my
crab trap
were two
big blue-claw
crabs - and
two small fist-sized
salt water turtles

my office job
got before
my practice
of checking the
trap about
every 3 or four
days

two weeks
past ..and
during that
time the big
crabs ate the
heads off the small
turtles
imprisoned in
my trap

i felt
horrible
as they
floated
away
on the surface
gulls
- picking -
them
clean

i killed those
special
little
headless
turtles
because
my
job
got in
front
of their
precious
natural
lives

poetography
westhampton beach
dune rd
bay side
july 3 2009

07-04-2009 at 11:26:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linlee

Message to study111 and laybak1, I need your help and comments. I want to learn how to write poetry, and I want to read yours, but when I tried to find yours (both of you), I must have done something wrong, because I couldn't find you. Please check out my dull pretty words and give me some ideas on where and how to begin. linlee

I see just this past day you found me... lol... You are more than welcome to read and give your honest opinions on anything I've posted here and I will get to yours as soon as I can... I spend about half my time here reading random artists who are unfamiliar to me... But, I always return the favor and read people's works who were kind enough to read and comment on mine.. I look forward to reading you very soon....

Doug, aka, laydbak1

Last edited by laydbak1 07-04-2009 at 11:28:37 AM

07-05-2009 at 01:37:48 PM

Criticism is a scary word for some, but it only means to critique, not shoot someone down,haha. I'm open to any critique you offer, constructive, destructive or instructive. We are all here to have our voice heard and in most cases I've found there is much more to be heard in this world, than there is to be said, if we only listen.

07-05-2009 at 08:34:25 PM

please feel free to find my poems and comment away...i dont know how you win the contests...but i always love the feedback...dont know if too many people have read what i have written and to most it may be nothing new...but i have been a few places done some things...and decided to write about them...please let me know what cha think..its kinda important to me to know what others think about my work...

07-06-2009 at 03:43:52 AM

Thanks 4 the invite. I think it would be good for everyone to have a little criticism. How else would you know what you are not doing right. So please EVERYBODY leave me something. Let me know what you think from the heart about my poems and don't hold back cause I am going to do the same.

Peace

07-06-2009 at 05:46:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLilSecret

Anyone who is willing, you can critic my poems and i will not be upset.. I will also read an drespon to yours either with criticism or with a comment whichever you prefer!! But please! Any of my poems are open for discussion!
cheese

07-06-2009 at 01:15:08 PM

YES YES YES YES I'D PARTICULARLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK ABOUT

"MICHAEL" cool hmm

07-06-2009 at 04:00:20 PM

writing is a metaphor which moves me through each emotion I feel and it is very powerful for a person who is not in touch with what they feel.

I'm open to constructive criticism I can handle feeback preferably moreso,noble writers, but all are invited and let me know what you think. I have only been writing poetry for three years. so I prefer criticism from those who have been writing longer than me thanks.

07-06-2009 at 06:04:40 PM

I'm in. I just started, but I will be posting poems within a matter of days, so feel free smile

07-07-2009 at 12:53:12 AM

I would really like some feedback on my poems. Especially so I can improve in my writing.

07-07-2009 at 01:58:35 AM

I'll take the good with the bad. How can I have one without the other? Count me in! cool smile

07-08-2009 at 11:06:45 PM

Hi Erika!

I really like your writing style and i'm glad you came up with this forum. I think it's a good idea to have the op network come together and help each other out in finding our poetic voice. I have been writing on and off since I can remember and I could really use some input from everyone on helping me bring out my full potential. Thanks so much for your brilliant idea.

Craig

Poetry is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.