Original Poetry Forums

We 21st Century Poets!

09-27-2009 at 12:23:19 AM

Re: We 21st Century Poets!

Hey Grits, hey Drifter...look what you have done...
made me lose the essence of what this forum had begun.
You guys sound like filibusters, both on the floor at one time
Well, I'll teach the two of you a lesson...I am gone like yesterday,
So, have a good debate...but don't stay up to late...

Gone like a '59 Cadillac, gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang--bang...
I'm gone.................................................................................. excaim excaim excaim

09-27-2009 at 01:20:20 AM

Geez, men and their silly debates. See what you did? Now Grogant is gone.
Just because you see the world differently than someone else, doesn't mean it isn't the same world.
Agree to disagree, and call it a draw, like gentlemen.

Last edited by KtIrish 09-27-2009 at 01:54:53 AM

09-27-2009 at 02:10:41 AM

Draw. Stick me with a fork, clean-up in isle five, call off special ops, I'm done. I know these conversations always go absolutely nowhere fast. Ninety-nine percent of the time I avoid them like an alien contagion. I apologize for my annual freudian avalanche.

Sorry Grito, Kt, Gogant, and anyone else who wasted their time reading this.

Disorderedly,
SD

09-28-2009 at 06:25:45 PM

Apology accepted, and my apologies to anyone who may have been offended. Peace. Sorry you had to referee Irish.

09-28-2009 at 07:11:03 PM

No harm, no foul. Although i dislike being a referee type. As a devoted hockey fan i have an ingrained contempt for referees, lol.

09-28-2009 at 08:47:17 PM

Just thought I would drop in and see how the debate was going......... long face Oh, it appears to have subsided. I went back to the beginning to see what this forum started out as, and it started out simply a quest for a 21st century poet. I still stick to my thinking that all the great poets have already gone.

tongue wink

09-29-2009 at 12:05:27 AM

True, we will never see their like again. But as O'Shaughnessy wrote, "Each age is a dream that is dying, or one that is coming to birth"
So the past is written, but the future is still a blank page.

09-29-2009 at 06:05:55 PM

I agree Irish, the future holds unlimited promise.

10-10-2009 at 11:25:28 AM

and those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not
hear the music

nietzsche

10-10-2009 at 05:29:45 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

My two cents is The great poets aren't gone but a 21st century poet would never reach the name sake as a "classic all time great poet" due to circumstance the people you are in existence with will never put you on a pedestal as they would people that were before their time sports is a perfect example of that. Then again that might just be my viewpoint because I am in the select few that never draw a conclusion unless truth and logic apply

Last edited by WatashLegend 10-10-2009 at 05:33:01 PM

10-10-2009 at 07:53:27 PM

Hi ya all.
newbie to the site here.
I am a 22 year old soldier (UK) that has been to Qatar, Afghan and Iraq (in that order) and when I was on my 2nd tour (in 2007) i started to write my poetry and have done ever since. My theme is of course war and the soldiers in it and what they experience and go through as people.
I know that there are alot more soldiers that are starting to write poetry now as well and I am suprised that no one has come forward to say they started to write after 2004 that you are looking for.
Alex

10-10-2009 at 08:44:34 PM

Whaddayasay there, Soldier. I read your poem, and thought it was good...but why not, now and then, write some uplifting pieces.

gogant........................................................... hmmm

10-11-2009 at 04:04:36 PM

Hello StarDrift, I had a thread like this, also to note, that this website is a living book, a modern book sorta, it is 10-11-09 is it, lol,?????
so I just thought it needed to be added..

10-11-2009 at 05:10:11 PM

Hey there, Word...haven't seen you in a while. I beg of you...please tell me what your last post meant...I can't figure it out.....................................g

rolleyes

10-11-2009 at 05:33:17 PM

Re: Re: We 21st Century Poets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Hello StarDrift, I had a thread like this, also to note, that this website is a living book, a modern book sorta, it is 10-11-09 is it, lol,?????
so I just thought it needed to be added..

I think he ment that more people are publishing their works on the internet now instead of writing books and that "10-11-09" was the date but I think you might have known that mate.

I am afraid that most of my poems are mainly war/military themed and there are not that many things that are upbeat in the army unless you count on the squaddies humour.
Alex

10-11-2009 at 06:10:21 PM

i started seriously applying myself to this (poetic) form in 1997 ... and Wordslinger, Word Up! smile published work is now in the digital stream of now and it is forever in posterity and nowhere guarantee-able ... instantly publishable, classic perhaps only to those who manage to capture a copy while it's there; fleeting, ephemeral, as real as you want to make it ... but in its best form, a stream of consciousness, a "what's going on" snapshot of the world, on THIS date, which happens to be 10-11-09 as i'm posting ... from the view of the world's emotionally (deepest?) most heartfelt folks ... quite a universe, actually, at any moment ...

a toast to you, the 21st Century Poets smile

10-11-2009 at 07:04:13 PM

I get it now Soldier…he said as he scratched his pate. And Dancer, you speak words of truth…he said with a quizzical smile.

In any case…Happy 21st Century Poet Day to all…he toasted with a wink.

wink or would that be more like cool grin

10-11-2009 at 09:41:09 PM
  • faithwalkfarm
  • faithwalkfarm

Go darling and put your clothes back on before all the ice in Iceland melts.

10-11-2009 at 10:16:37 PM

I melt hearts...not ice. And just for that, I will just put some more suntan lotion on, darling.

cool smirk

10-11-2009 at 10:57:13 PM
  • faithwalkfarm
  • faithwalkfarm

you wear it well, my friend.

10-11-2009 at 11:04:33 PM

Now Faith, you said that, not me.....................Hey, I'm still trying to be the first 21st century poet. Maybe you could give me some smiles and nods...I need as much urging, or nudging, which ever applies, as I can get.

kiss kiss kiss kiss, oh boy, red face

10-11-2009 at 11:57:44 PM

Gog, was that taken at the Walmart garden section? Also, sick, hmmm and downer. Lol! I find myself wondering: What would possess a person, an upstanding citizen... You're missing oil and a pec flex.

WordFlinger, is your similar thread still here? It would be cool to read. Btw, I know this thread title was tacky, but I did it tongue-in-cheek.

Dancinghawk said a mouthfull, cyberspace is tenuous at best.

Faith ok?

Crikey,
St. Dr.

PS: sick

10-12-2009 at 12:15:11 AM

Star Drift, no I erased it, no one commented on it, lol.
It was called The Poets of 21st Century OP A Living Book ..
It is alive, smile

10-12-2009 at 01:17:29 AM

Lol, doh! You mean to tell me that it's alive, we've resurrected it?! My God, then we must keep typing my friend, keep....typing!

Btw, is it just me, or do Gogant's pics get tackier with each new one? That boy may not be right, lol!

Light,
S x D = E

PS: Go - downer...

10-12-2009 at 02:02:25 PM

Hey Drifter...you better watch what you say...I might have ta send one of my boys to break a couple of your legs.......yeh.
cool mad

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.