10-15-2009 at 01:36:09 PM

Re: We 21st Century Poets!

Gee Cousin, now I'm blushing.
I'm very flattered.
Thank you. smile

10-15-2009 at 10:13:46 PM

Hello,

I like this topic, I just thought I'd ask you all tell check out the Poets of Blood, they can be found, on my friends page. All of my friends are Poets of Blood in the 21st Century.

Enjoy,

Alexia,

I'm in also for WordSlinger, he is a Poet of Blood..., wink

10-16-2009 at 05:38:58 AM

Re: Re: We 21st Century Poets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinghawk

i write on whatever's handy ... and then, yeah, Word, i can relate ... transfer from "scrap of paper" to "handwritten journal" to typed "blog" to "email/post" to "chap book" ... with refinements along the way ... i'm sure many share that process ... but i almost never start with the keyboard. doesn't inspire the way a pencil/pen does ... i think you're right, Stardrift, that the epigenome has been formulated for this ancient act of writing ... perhaps before and after your meteor shower smile

and as for books ... the book will live on, in paper form, if for no other reason than ... the act of taking the book off the shelf and flipping through it and enjoying ... without distractions ... cousinsoren, i hope you know, books are changed forever, but still treasured ... we're working out this whole digital transition, but it's not the first revolution in publishing and distribution ... perhaps our expectations have simply ballooned to envelop the whole world as audience ... when really, all it takes is two people around the campfire, telling stories ... and the stories will live on ...

DANCINGHAWK, YOU DO GO THROUGH A THOROUGH PROCESS OF WRITING FROM PEN AND PAPER TO ..................???)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))),,,,,,,,,,,,,.lol
I WRITE ON PAPER, THEN I TRANSFER TO MY COMPUTER, AND BACK -UP ON THUMB-DRIVE. THEN EDIT AND RE- EDIT , THEN WHEN I AM SATISFIED, I PRINT AND STORE HARD COPIES .

TWO PEOPLE AROUND THE CAMPFIRE TELLING STORIES!!! MMM !! I USED TO BE A BOY SCOUT ! HAPPY MEMORIES !! I have a strong intuiton that the Biblical story of a seven-day Creation originated with old Jewish sages telling stories to the young around a camp fire, in their nomadic days. Stories of Israel were oral until Moses learnt to write.

Last edited by cousinsoren 10-16-2009 at 08:09:32 PM

10-16-2009 at 05:52:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtIrish

Gee Cousin, now I'm blushing.
I'm very flattered.
Thank you. smile

WHAT ARE YOU FLATTERED ABOUT, HONEY?.......................LOL

THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE US FREE.

BLESSINGS !

Last edited by cousinsoren 10-16-2009 at 05:53:16 AM

10-16-2009 at 06:02:59 AM

Quote:

I agree that I am not a clay pot to be molded.
More like a mountain, slowly weathered by time and experience, into a vast canyon, full of undiscovered depths, layers, and mysteries.
Thanks for the compliments Cousin.
Lol, as for fame, Grito...I don't want it in this lifetime.
Too much work.
wink

I LOVE YOUR MOUNTAIN IMAGE..........................lol

10-16-2009 at 07:32:03 PM

I'm flattered because y'all are sayin' such nice things about my poetry.
I've never been comfortable with compliments.
oh oh red face

10-16-2009 at 08:14:53 PM

Quote:

I'm flattered because y'all are sayin' such nice things about my poetry.
I've never been comfortable with compliments.
oh oh red face

GET COMFORTABLE , IRISH! GET COMFORTABLE!...................................LOL I GOTTA SAY MORE ABOUT YOUR POETRY!

10-16-2009 at 08:22:09 PM

Hi, gogant,

Plenty of sun and rum still around, plus the sparking sea and lots of sombre mountains,

Great hearing from you. I understand that you are threatening to break some legs of a party who paid you a complimment about your tackiness!

Deal gently with those who have a lot of legs! Uh!

10-16-2009 at 08:23:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetsofBlood

Hello,

I like this topic, I just thought I'd ask you all tell check out the Poets of Blood, they can be found, on my friends page. All of my friends are Poets of Blood in the 21st Century.

Enjoy,

Alexia,

I'm in also for WordSlinger, he is a Poet of Blood..., wink

10-16-2009 at 08:24:41 PM
  • WordSlingerII
  • WordSlingerII

Re: We 21st Century Poets Stamps...

Hi ya Poets,

here is a long shoot, since we have email, lol
Picture us on a stamp....

like these Bards, lol

10-16-2009 at 08:40:15 PM

BLOODY! BLOOD! BLOOD!

I am not on to this bloody thing. But I think I ought to get around to hunting some red corpuscles, as soon as I can locate another vampire or two, or even three more mosquitoes.
Mosqutoes are a bother in Jamaica. They are prone to check your blood type . before they take your blood . Worse, they are now testing blood for HIV, before performing nightly blood transfusions. I'm wonderfing why mosquitoes perform blood transfusions at night, in the dark. Why don't they during the day,so that we can see them at work?

I am told where to locate vampires, I can't post the information until I have had it verified, in some poetry of blood, that I intend to read.

10-16-2009 at 10:41:29 PM

It would be kinda cool to be on a stamp...

10-16-2009 at 10:41:51 PM

oh, t.s. eliot is my favorite! i could read four quartets over and over ... love that you found a stamp, LOL

-dh

10-16-2009 at 11:03:02 PM
  • WordSlingerII
  • WordSlingerII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinghawk

oh, t.s. eliot is my favorite! i could read four quartets over and over ... love that you found a stamp, LOL

-dh

Friends,

KTIrish, yes it would be, shall we, smile

I had a dream after reading him, sorta spooky, but I loved it.
It's a limerick, here it goes---

THE FLESH VEIL

Eliot awoke me in dream

Exposing poetry in sleep

He cuffed at my arm

Sensations of heart

Layed open for me very deep
----------------------------------------

http://www.originalpoetry.com/the-lime-tree-versus-and-more

Last edited by WordSlingerII 10-16-2009 at 11:04:28 PM

10-16-2009 at 11:09:22 PM
  • faithwalkfarm
  • faithwalkfarm

better watch what you dream, Word, you know what they say about our poet, Eliot.

no, really it's okay. Most of my best friends are gay....

Last edited by faithwalkfarm 10-16-2009 at 11:10:11 PM

10-16-2009 at 11:17:18 PM
  • faithwalkfarm
  • faithwalkfarm

uh, do I have to go to the Word dictionary to translate that? You know it's kind of late....I'm having trouble translating.....

10-16-2009 at 11:27:26 PM
  • WordSlingerII
  • WordSlingerII

21st Century Poets Stamp Contest!!!!

I just found out that you can get personalized stamps made, lol so there we go.
Poetic 21 st century stamps for you my friends, lol..
I want some of all of you, lol

WS

http://photo.stamps.com/Store/?source=si10325744&subsource=31386611

10-16-2009 at 11:36:22 PM

I think we should stamp out large images on this forum...whaddaya say, faithwalkfarm....

angry mad shut eye

10-16-2009 at 11:39:59 PM

Or maybe those who clutter up forums with large pics and long-winded posts...

Hey, look, I'm smiling............................ blank stare

10-16-2009 at 11:42:40 PM

I love Cowboys and Indians: and I love Stampedes, lol

10-16-2009 at 11:44:48 PM

Don't buffalo me there, wordslinger...I shoot from the hip......................

kiss

10-16-2009 at 11:51:14 PM

Ah...now that's more like it. But you chased the young lady away with your blustering bison.

shock

10-16-2009 at 11:59:37 PM

beautiful, Word ... Slinger ...
inspired, absolutely
thx for bringing that
back from the ether!

STAMPS, LOL!

luv it

-dh

10-17-2009 at 12:08:07 AM

Huh !!! What are you talking about, dancinghawk...I didn't say anything inspiring.

zipper

10-17-2009 at 01:43:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

BLOODY! BLOOD! BLOOD!

I am not on to this bloody thing. But I think I ought to get around to hunting some red corpuscles, as soon as I can locate another vampire or two, or even three more mosquitoes.
Mosqutoes are a bother in Jamaica. They are prone to check your blood type . before they take your blood . Worse, they are now testing blood for HIV, before performing nightly blood transfusions. I'm wonderfing why mosquitoes perform blood transfusions at night, in the dark. Why don't they during the day,so that we can see them at work?

I am told where to locate vampires, I can't post the information until I have had it verified, in some poetry of blood, that I intend to read.

Cousin, I like that, it gives me inspiration. thank you, Yes, please visit my friends.

I'll have to go read your poems, wink

Alexia.

Last edited by PoetsofBlood 10-17-2009 at 01:50:56 AM

The true philosopher and the true poet are one, and a beauty, which is truth, and a truth, which is beauty, is the aim of both.

Ralph Waldo Emerson, American Poet (1803-1882)